Kind of Blue

Lets talk about this album.

no
sniff my anus

it's boooooooooring music for boooooooooring "lol i'm so much better than you for listening to artsy stuff" people

I'd rather talk about кoт

I thought this was a music discussion board

you were wrong

How could I?

it's kind of blue

>kind of blue
>artsy
wew

Thats people who listen to classical, not jazz.

doesn't matter, you were

What do you think about it OP?

I think too relies to heavily on solo sections and hasn't got enough interplay at some points, often just being some brilliant sax or trumpet playing with a relatively simple percussion behind it and some nice bass lines.

It was a very influential album and I love how relaxed is sounds in parts and the composition is always good, it just lacks the complexity I think we all love. Still a great album

Dude do you have ADD?

literally
end
your
life

>Listening to an old heroin addict blowing into one of the most primitive music instruments besides of the guitar and pretending to actually enjoy it
>It sounds like shit

No thanks

I just hope he blows some of that residual heroin through the trumpet into my ears so it eases my pain

>Lets talk about this album.
no, im feeling kind of blue m8

Kind of Boring

it's pretty damned great but it's not even Miles's best era

All Blues is great. Bill Evans on Blue in Green is fantastic.

Took me a long time to appreciate the record actually. I'm slowly getting into jazz and generally prefer more up tempo and bluesy stuff, but this album is quietly formidable.

What's your favourite Miles Era? I think I like Nefertiti and the second quintet most desu my man. Anything post-bop or hard-bop styled floats my boat

>h
>e
>h

No but really, although it's nowhere nearly as self-serving as Giant Steps, it is pretty inane and Jazz was basically dead less than 10 years after it came out.

RIP

>Nefertiti
my man. I fucking love that span of Miles Smiles - Sorceror - Nefertiti. The players he had with him at the time were a perfect lineup. I'd say his early fusion recordings (In a Silent Way, Bitches Brew) were the peak though purely because of Joe Zawinul's keyboard flourishes. They add an entire dimension to the music.

Yh Sorceror as well. I havent listened to Miles Smiles
I just recently re-listened to In A Silent Way and Bitches Brew, I still can't say I'm a huge fan of the electric stuff but it definitely has grown on me, perhaps I will come to appreciate it. Have you ever listened to pic related on a non miles note?

Jazz sucks. Pretty boring. The only jazz player I like to an extent is Mingus. The rest CAN EAT A BIG FAT DIIICCKKKKK.

Black Saint and Sinner Lady?

Milestones is better overall and has the best modal song.

Said no one ever

>jazz died in 1969
wew lad

I said it.
Better performances from Adderley and Coltrane throughout the whole album.

can you all please fuck off to cancer threads you're all boring