Does anyone have anything to say about this album?

Does anyone have anything to say about this album?

HAVE YOU EVER WONDER SOMETIMES

Pretty sure it's: "Dont you wonder sometimes"

Sound and vision is the best song he ever did. But overall station to station is the superior bowie record

Great album :)

nothing that hasn't already been said. it's a good album

Technically there are better songs off of other albums, but sound and vision has that very special feel related to it. Its better when you realise it was supposed to be an instrumental, and when everyone left the studio David felt like he wanted to add some vocals and it became perfect.

And yes, S2S is the best, no doubt.

Whats your fav song off s2s

Golden years is the best

I haven't listened s2s yet, but Low is my favourite so far.

I've listened to Blackstar, Scary Monsters, Aladdin Sane, Ziggy Stardust and Space Oddity.

You need to make it yr goal to listen to station to station today

desu the next day and heathen are really great, but always overshadowed by his older stuff

He has said truth

The Next day and S2S are next on my list.

Low [RCA Victor, 1977]
I find side one's seven "fragments"--since the two that clock in at less than 2:45 are 1:42 and 2:20, the term must refer to structures rather than length--almost as powerful as the "overlong" tracks on Station to Station. "Such a wonderful person/But you got problems" is definitely a love lyric for our time. But most of the movie music on side two is so far from hypnotic that I figure Bowie, rather than Eno, must deserve credit for it. I mean, is Eno really completely fascinated by banality? B+

feels to me like a less interesting Heroes

Hi Christgau

It's beautiful, perfect, absolutely my favorite Bowie record. S2S is incredibly close though.

Low ranks up there alongside Pet Sounds and Remain in Light as genuine artistic masterpieces,

Yeah.
It's fucking overrated.

Low or s2s?

Love it. Feels much more focused than "Heroes."

'BOUT SOUND AND VISION

It influenced Trent Reznor so that's cool I guess.

YOU'RE SUCH A WONDERFUL PERSON

the vocal songs are better on Heroes though.

That was heroes fucking retard

Christgau is a genius fuck you

How so?

overrated

But'you got problems!

What I have to say is that a similar sound can be heard on "The Idiot" by Iggy

it's a strong contender for my favourite album ever

i just think theyre more engaging and sound better. Beauty and the Beast, Joe the Lion, Heroes, Sounds of the Silent Age are a great stretch of great songs. maybe not fitting for the rest of the album, since there's more emphasis on guitar, but theyre still great and energetic

Is 'The Idiot' worth listening to?

G i wonder y

Yes

Tell me about it, haha.

Thanks for the reccomendation :)

One of my favorite albums of all time desu.

christgau is a tool

Yes, it was produced by bowie. It reminds me of the rockiest song on Low and Lodger.
There is the original version of China Girl that Bowie will re-record for Let's Dance.

It sounds a lot like "Berlin" Bowie because there are Dennis Davis on drums and George Murray on bass.
Some parts were recorded at Hansa in Berlin.

"Sister Midnight" is the same track as "Red Money" on Lodger, with differenet lyrics

>Dennis Davis on drums and George Murray
they are also on Station to Station, along with Carlos Alomar