Serious question Sup Forums, I'm doing a paper on influential figures vs their everyday self

Serious question Sup Forums, I'm doing a paper on influential figures vs their everyday self.

Has there ever been a more hypocritical musician than john lennon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K1cx-Q88cxw
youtube.com/watch?v=G18aGDMy5Y4
youtube.com/watch?v=FViap2HRjJc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Probably not.

I remember I once read some shit about Bob Marley being a major tool to his many wives, He lived on a mansion while a lot of them were starving in shacks with his bastards.

btw op im curious, whats your paper about exactly?

what did he do?

>i used to be cruel to my woman i beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved
>"""used"""

Listen to any of his songs

He did exactly the opposite from what the lyrics say

In your opinion

no, its a fact

Be an absolute madman.

quite literally

Probably not, to be honest. Singing about giving up your possessions and all that peace and love mumbo-jumbo whilst beating your missus, neglecting your son and living the life of Riley is probably the most hypocritical thing you could do.

Teletubbiesarssatan

bono
preaches humanitarian work / fair trade yet has offshore accounts

Yeah, Bono's been a hypocrite on this stuff before, but at least he actually does stuff for charity, even if it's not always in the cleanest of ways. I actually can't think of anything John Lennon did for his political views other than write songs and do daft performance art pieces.

He was one of the most honest musicians desu.

Michael Jackson.

good thing he died

Not really, because if he were still alive this would be acknowledge, but because he's dead all the awful shit he did just washes into the paintwork and he's held as a great man.

yeah but he can't do any more alwful shit, and that's more important than his fame. (unless you are pleb ;^))

Ghandi good lennon bad oh wait ghandi believed fully in the castesystem, just like you daft fucks. Ghandi bad, lennon good. There you go, babies.

holy shit we've been owned boys

Reminder that you can separate the artist's work from the artist him/herself when critiquing that piece of work.

Also New Criticism > Biographical criticism

Well I remember reading Lennon constantly funded the black panthers (which were pretty violent, again, a hypocrite maneuver), guess thats as close as you'll get to seeing him involved in politics.

what did he do?

I'd agree with this if the artist work was unrelated to his life.

But Lennon's work was deeply based on his "persona", he was a "preacher" kind of singer, and he didnt practiced what he preached, therefore he can be judged as a whole, rather than as an artist and person separately

>what did he do?

Are you retarded? He molested young children.

>confirm underaged poster

>But Lennon's work was deeply based on his "persona", he was a "preacher" kind of singer, and he didnt practiced what he preached, therefore he can be judged as a whole, rather than as an artist and person separately

This is why Lemon and Beatles in general are overrated shiet, and Scaruffi is right about them.

I thought MJ was that he always wanted a childhood Ie. Peter Pan Syndrome.

How is that hypocritical, though? It's not like he made songs about not fucking kids.

That is correct, and I don't judge the works he created on how he was as a person. However, I think it is entirely acceptable to be able to call the artist themselves a hypocrite for promoting one lifestyle in their work whilst living a separate lifestyle in their actual life.

Does your childhood include touching your peers approximately?

Doesn't matter, outside of the studio he molested them.

Pretty sure it was confirmed (with even the kid and his family admitting they were just faking it to get some shekels after his death) that he never molested a kid.

Apparently his big secret was that he was gay.

Also molesting kids is not really hypocritical unless he sang about not molesting kids

>Apparently his big secret was that he was gay.
>gay
>had kids

Plenty of gay blokes have kids, you know. Also, he could have been bisexual.

show some factual evidence then

Yeah user, everyone knows gay men cant have children. Bisexuals dont exist either.

Also, weren't his kids made in labs?

There's also the rumour that Michael was chemically castrated during his youth (and thats apparently why he had that voice as an adult) by his manager/label to prolong his fame

just do some research, fucktard

Boi is this bait?

He literally admitted to beating all of his girlfriends and wives

His son admitted he abused him psychologically

We all know he never donated a dime to charity and he lived in, literally, new york's most expensive penthouse.

He claimed to hate religions but he practiced every single eastern religion's rituals and activities

He was also a bar brawler, and would constantly pick fights in the street, so much for being a pacifist.

Hypocrite lecteur, mon semblable, mon frere

I can't possibly list off everything, but this is my favorite, give it a watch.
The interview about the show:
youtube.com/watch?v=K1cx-Q88cxw
The show itself:
youtube.com/watch?v=G18aGDMy5Y4

I didnt caught a single part of that.

English isn't my main language and the audio quality plus zappa's accent was weird. What happened?

>mfw Michael Jackson was a modern-day castrato

Thats not true about bob

Also he slept around but only married once

Black panthers were less violent than cops were back then

he was an honest asshole at least

spare me

Important viewing for all millennial shitkids in this thread
youtube.com/watch?v=FViap2HRjJc

>complains about the beatles
>frank zappa fan

fucking kek

>White woman
>Black man
>Milk white kids

Why aren't we talking about this?

>doesn't know what a beard is

Michael Jackson = Neil's dad from the inbetweeners

I never said Frank was a good person. He is honest though unlike John. Don't get too ahead of yourself now summer-user.
Frank said that he was being interviewed by Howard Stern who had brought in John and Yoko also. Frank offered John and Yoko to play in his show the following night and the agreed and did. However, John recorded the show and intended to put it out with Zappa. After a couple years of legal issues it seemed like it was going to be released until Frank found out what John had done to the recordings. John had renamed a bunch of Mothers of Invention songs and cut out a bunch of material. Frank said the show didn't even sound the same. He promptly sued John.

coming from a racist, mysoginistic and homophobic board. kinda hypocritical

Comma boys comma read gay six year olds.
I refer myself to who seems the exception to be.

>Proof needed other than your vaginal yeast gathering

Actually all of The Beatles were/are hypocrites, great, timeless music notwithstanding.

Bob Marley and Peter Tosh were openly racist in private, trusted company, and they hated the fact that they both had a white fan base.

(nice trips)
(nice dubs)

At least Bono admitted he's a hypocrite. I remember watching him being interviewed on Larry King about ten years ago, give or take, and he admitted that he's not the person he sings about in real life, and that he's quick tempered and prone to violence.

he only had one wife, rita. he had children with more women tho
most jamaicans were racist and bob was half white, he had to fit in, i don't think he actually cared

Jesus, why did lennon insist on having yoko on stage?

coming from an anonymous poster. for all we know you could be gay AND homophobic. fucking hypocrite

Not Run For Your Life.

MJ was probably way too fucked up to be classified as something as simple as just "gay."

How were the other three hypocrites? I don't want to believe anything bad about George and Ringo doesn't really have a public "persona" like the others other than being a goof.

I'm glad Lennon is dead honestly.
Got lucky playing in a boy band and then said we all need peace and love but he'd beat his wives and fight people.
I wish he died earlier so the retarded new wave of Beatles "fans" wouldn't be as big as they are now.