Why, in the general view, this album is not up there with Replica, Lorca, Low, Spiderland, Laughing Stock etc.?

Why, in the general view, this album is not up there with Replica, Lorca, Low, Spiderland, Laughing Stock etc.?

Why, in the general view, this album is not up there with Replica, Lorca, Low, Spiderland, Laughing Stock, Desertshore etc.?

It has an air of pretentiousness those albums lack and isn't as experimental or groundbreaking.

>pretentious

>pretentiousness
there's that word again...

Because it was made by a woman.

Nico was described by some friends and colleagues as racist. Her friend Danny Fields, the American journalist who helped her sign to Elektra Records, described her as "Nazi-esque", saying: "Every once in a while there'd be something about Jews and I'd be, 'But Nico, I'm Jewish,' and she was like 'Yes, yes, I don't mean you.' She had a definite Nordic Aryan streak, [the belief] that she was physically, spiritually and creatively superior", a view she appears to have continued to maintain throughout her later years. According to Fields, Nico once attacked a mixed-race woman in a restaurant with a smashed wineglass, saying "I hate black people". During a performance in Berlin, the audience rioted after Nico performed the German national anthem "Deutschlandlied", including a verse omitted since 1945 for its nationalist associations.[23]

because boys cant understand it

I always thought it was.

Nice try. That's from Brian Eno's wiki.

because it's shit honestly

listen to it again

because it's just a bit too weird to be popular on Sup Forums. Good album though.

i cant listen to this album it bothers me too much

>"attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed"
It's a word that can be used to describe many things.

like u

no, just people

tru

Damn, is it summer already?

no one is open about liking goth(ish) music anymore.
It's better as a well kept secret anyway, Nico is a profound source of comfort to me.

Desertshore is way less acessible than any of those other albums, plus it's less well-known

I wouldn't say it's less accessible than Lorca and maybe Laughing Stock.

Why, in the general view, this album is not up there with Replica, Lorca, Low, Spiderland, Laughing Stock, Desertshore, Geek the Girl etc.?

>Desertshore
>not less accessible than Laughing Stock
LS is smooth as fuck. Desertshore is much more tense and dissonant, despite being technically more orthodox.

>Nico was described by some friends and colleagues as racist
The fact that she disliked black people is a totally admirable feature of her personality

oh because none of you fags have hear it

All That Is My Own is the greatest album closer ever.

great taste familia

i'm just curious why, in the general view, this album is not up there with Replica, Lorca, Low, Spiderland, Laughing Stock etc.?