/daily/: Daily Album Discussion (memen edition)

It's a fine day for evening the oxen

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you have been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, just let the good times flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>the new topsters

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>fifth dimension for space-time memery (aka "music") ever since plug deejay was musically aborted

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>Site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Ask about our Skype group if you're interested.

Most importantly, dumb cunt once told me Debord was gonna troll me
I ain't the sharpest tool in the thread
I was looking kinda dumb when my "review" said "nice drums"
and recs of s/t were the replies

(iunno what to do with the rest of the first verse)

Hey now you're on /daily/, put a trip on, go play
Hey now you'll start rating, get a rym and get taste
And all the shit that we post
Is simply a means for us to grow close

Previously on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10391698
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
mediafire.com/download/2ultj47gqay6o5x/imadethisfornyar.zip
mega.nz/#F!1M1EmAwS!CgkHn1UND_4TGk3eCmHX8Q
mega.nz/#F!3sJAEKSK!ShLFf6Updp3X1qs8EqBokA
www22.zippyshare.com/v/sUJNl8wX/file.html
mega.nz/#!7clzlDwR!Tq3tD6FVwnbiJQz6RKEXV3UCk1S_65xNMKqny1G_9vc
www102.zippyshare.com/v/5tFQpJl6/file.html
mega.nz/#!EggQTZrb!zEadZwUfpLe5r9-6Lj-VvJPeoFwuhUsiDYGJz9EvsOo
mega.co.nz/#!MFQFAJYI!3q7N_79JK_zArLouRop2rJmlkGvFLJ2YyDRgTsC47t0
mega.nz/#F!xIVTCahb!IAOBXuGWH_FjuaimoFdUlw
mega.nz/#!lBpzEZpA!PD963Zn3nlPbEW1A-__j2Xw8AX7ebxmZJJB25n-8aNA
www84.zippyshare.com/v/1MOmtLHk/file.html
mega.nz/#!TIIRWRYC!o7Scv07xhfzf9ZhfNebwGIwj3HHfFakNXlQrCR4eVCs
mega.nz/#F!1QQFjYID!8XL0Eg1i00JdPGYDbWJ_xQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sng_CdAAw8M
youtube.com/watch?v=m2gk2QVpuAI&index=14&list=PLQdaACOW01Up2K7f8iFmserU802oqcS1F
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reposting mine from the last thread.

Replica - I can't say I care all that much for OPN's more ambient side. It's still good, but I think he does Garden of Delete style much better (that's a 9.5).

FutureSex/LoveSounds - Fuck you I like it. The first half is reallllly great, but it falls off a cliff after What Goes Around. That will.i.am song wouldn't have been too bad without will.i.am, but his verse is such trash. The first half is so good though it still hits 7.0.

Elephant - Idk, this might just not be my kind of music. Some parts were great, but most of it just sounded like the same song over and over again.

I'd love some recs, here's a few of my favorite albums recently just for some reference

OPN - Garden of Delete
Jeff Buckley - Grace
Everything Everything - Get to Heaven
Amon Tobin - Supermodified
Radiohead - AMSP and Amnesiac

Wait until you get to r+7
(Actually I've always heard replica was better but that still stands as my favorite)

I've heard fans of EE tend to be fans of Battles

r+7 and replica are so different, both have terrific merits in their own right
futuresex is one of my fav pop albums, no shame in that
i like this meme

ugh fine yer thread wins
what the fuck does all star have to do with this though

Who listened to the new Tegan & Sara album yet.

K A R E N I N

if you're out there
you're running out of time to get me that mix

did you see my fruit recc

yeah it wasn't the style i wanted, I actually found the original uploader of the icons I loved. Unfortunately he only had 5, but at least i have closure now

today I listened to the new milo/Scallops Hotel release.

too bad it is cassette only, my friend is gonna make a rip tho.

it was really good, definitely a beats>lyricism release, but the rapping was still tight, just more sparse.
Beats were comfy af, I'm glad milo is going back to the more ethereal, atmospheric production style with these past few releases after cavalcade and toothpaste suburb and stuff.
Lot of smooth jazz samples, very minimal stuff, chilled me the fuck out.

good shit, I rate **

oh, was gonna mention it's kinda lo fi and filled with all this weird tape play that will wake you up randomly, I liked it a lot

Drinking todayyy boysss

Have one for me, and be sure to drunkpost

champagne here

nyar, have you listened to milo?
you're a gril, you might like him

strawpoll.me/10391698
strawpoll.me/10391698
strawpoll.me/10391698
strawpoll.me/10391698
strawpoll.me/10391698
time 2 settle this

(side note: Blue is a 10)

H is objectively the most patrician letter of the alphabet.

come back and deliver with that rip...

where my /s-boys/ at??

where would we be without serendipitous sassafras?

I did last february, at hasture's recommendation
liked the nickelodeon references but not amazing

so I actually went to two thrift stores to find a CD, and at the first one i went to literally the only cd they had for sale was an EP by an italian metalcore band. and they had like, 40 sealed copies of that. i should've gotten that for the meme.

anyway

The Avalanches - Since I Left You (2000)
>plunderphonics

Consider this a late addition to the "popular albums I've never heard" section of my chart. I've been familiar with the two big singles from this album (the title track and "Frontier Psychiatrist"), and I seem to like the new single more than most people do (actually, mainly because I like Danny Brown's verses on it, the production is pretty lame), so why the hell not check this exceedingly acclaimed album out? Well, I do really love albums created nearly entirely with the use of samples, and I can really think of only a few albums that are constructed entirely using samples (that aren't plunderphonics or turntable music releases a la Christian Marclay or John Oswald). Since I Left You does this very well, but it's too scattershot and more vignette-focused than song focused. A lot of these songs are based on one sonic idea, and it's actually mostly nice, but all of these interludes just bloat the album, and take away from the absolutely monstrous feat that incredible pop songs are being created with only samples. The two songs I mentioned earlier, "Electricity", "Radio", "Live at Dominoes", all classic songs. But then some songs just aren't memorable at all, and detract from the album as a whole. It is a cool album though, just bloated.

:'^(
posting it as soon as he delivers

imo Replica is a grower, I didn't care for it much at first but I kept returning to it and it kept getting better.
But then again I prefer his ambient stuff to his loud, busy stuff.

Try Nicolas Jaar - Space Is Only Noise and Jon Hopkins - Immunity

>Jack Rose & the Black Twig Pickers
>2.5

I thought you had taste in american folk

these are both excellent albums
I would also recommend Darkside - Psychic SILY is a grower to me, I have such fond memories of it but you're right songs like Radio and Flight Tonight can be repetitive

>mfw I want to just write quick reviews of my recent listens but the first one is Rock Bottom and I don't want to diss Jangle with lazy writing

i still like it but

>thinking i have taste
>ever

I don't blame you for not loving it, and I hate it when people say "durrr listen to it again" but SILY is special, because it's probably the most layered album I've ever heard. If you give it another try or two I'm not saying you'll like it more (you may like it less) but you'll definitely catch stuff you didn't before.

Hi fish how was work
also u forgot an r on my name on the RYM /daily/ list

diving into Madvillainy rn

p rad, I made ~$70 in tips!

I'll add you, what's your rym?

I hope u liek

Plug a snug. Pls join

Oh fuck this is balling
Champagne tastes like shit i still don't get why people drink after the brindis
Will scream Nyar in the next one

mediafire.com/download/2ultj47gqay6o5x/imadethisfornyar.zip
sorry it took so long

THRIFTSTORETOURNEYUPDATE (o shit edition)

~~~~~~~~~ Official Participants (12!) ~~~~~~~~~

>Jangle&Bojangle
Woolly Leaves - Quiet Waters
mega.nz/#F!1M1EmAwS!CgkHn1UND_4TGk3eCmHX8Q

>I’M FISH
Forest for the Trees - s/t
mega.nz/#F!3sJAEKSK!ShLFf6Updp3X1qs8EqBokA

>dataplay
Flophouse - s/t
www22.zippyshare.com/v/sUJNl8wX/file.html

>Moregwessor Movenglut
How Do I - Pluto
mega.nz/#!7clzlDwR!Tq3tD6FVwnbiJQz6RKEXV3UCk1S_65xNMKqny1G_9vc

>Thomas
Surface Noise - Molded
www102.zippyshare.com/v/5tFQpJl6/file.html

>Caviarrr
The Philosopher Kings - Famous, Rich and Beautiful
mega.nz/#!EggQTZrb!zEadZwUfpLe5r9-6Lj-VvJPeoFwuhUsiDYGJz9EvsOo

>nyarlathotep
Beulah - when your heartstrings break
mega.co.nz/#!MFQFAJYI!3q7N_79JK_zArLouRop2rJmlkGvFLJ2YyDRgTsC47t0

>∆3 Triangle Cubed
Lou Rawls - You've Made Me So Very Happy
mega.nz/#F!xIVTCahb!IAOBXuGWH_FjuaimoFdUlw

>comet on a bus
Strangers Die Every Day - Aperture for Departure
mega.nz/#!lBpzEZpA!PD963Zn3nlPbEW1A-__j2Xw8AX7ebxmZJJB25n-8aNA

>Kanzler
ΟΛΕΘΡΙΟ ΡΗΓΜΑ - Πολέμησε Για Τους Αθώους
www84.zippyshare.com/v/1MOmtLHk/file.html

>Mortimer
Distance To Happy Trance - The Energizer
mega.nz/#!TIIRWRYC!o7Scv07xhfzf9ZhfNebwGIwj3HHfFakNXlQrCR4eVCs

>natkingcole
Suzanne Vega - Suzanne Vega
mega.nz/#F!1QQFjYID!8XL0Eg1i00JdPGYDbWJ_xQ

~~~~~~~~~ Tentative Participants ~~~~~~~~~

>Vinter
Albert Ayler - Love Cry
(new CD “Probably this weekend”)
(feel free to bully for not knowing the holy ghost of free jazz)

>GIVINGʕ ·ᴥ·ʔBEAR
“I will (post) as soon as my laptop starts picking up signal again”
(1 prayer = 1 signal wave, PRAY HARDER GUYS)

~~~~~~~~~~ Official Bully List™ ~~~~~~~~~~

>co
(started a new job and is ""tired"")

>Kevorkian
“I think I'm out”

>Darklands
“Don't think I'm going to take part”

why am i bully D:

i'll be sure to check it out sometime, i'm probably going to be scouring lerche's discography sometime soon anyway

rec recieved, fish! i'll listen to ゆらめき in the air, but i'll consider 98.12.28 your tourney rec, is that alright?

have a good drink, shamey! don't puke lad

I listen to a lot of glitch music and a lot of ambient music, with not much foray into other styles of music. I'd really like to find new music, and pretty much every attempt to do so on my part ends up with me listening to two or three new albums, and then reverting back to muh glitches

since topsters is down at the moment, here are 10 of my favorite albums, 5 from the ambient realm and 5 from the glitch realm

William Basinski - Melancholia
ironomi - Recode
Motohiro Nakashima - We Hum On The Way Home
Thomas Koner - La Barca
Belong - October Language
Autechre - Confield
Undacova - Intrusion
Xanopticon - Liminal Space
The Flashbulb - Kirlian Selections
Richard Devine - Asect:Dsect

I start college on monday and will be riding the bus to and from, commute should take an hour so I'd like some new music to listen to during my commute. up for a june challenge or whatever

"reviews" soon oh boy

sure!!! sounds good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uh, well one of my favorite ambient albums is Brian Eno - Discreet Music
also Stars of the Lid - The Tired Sounds of...

gonna put these on my list
the only thing I've heard of eno's was music for airports and I don't remember it at all
haven't listened to stars of the lid yet

do u like Fishmans

have not listened to it

listen to long season

will add to list

thanks man. did you ever get the second one I posted for you?

OH

Also, have you heard any of these

Velocity : Design : Comfort by Sweet Trip
Blade Runner OST by Vangelis
E2-E4 by Manuel Göttsching
繭 by Pale Cocoon

loved v:d:c but have not heard the others

With 2 qt Girls wat do?
The Blade runner ost is mediocre compares to spiral ya Fish.

Take selfie and post on /daily/

Get off the weird cult you're a part of on Sup Forums.

Ask them to call you Nii-san and act surprized when they leave you 5 seconds later.
Or tell them that you actually prefer ukes to lolis.

No i have self respect you fucking bear go hibernate or something
Shut up i am in a good time of my life

seconding show them some cool music and win their hearts
this might help: youtube.com/watch?v=sng_CdAAw8M

>you fucking bear go hibernate or something

damn

If you really respected yourself you'd let others see that beautiful face of yours

>go hibernate or something

Tbh that was a 10/10 roast

you got roasted big time
they gonna be callin you smokey now

Maybe i will post face but it would change how you see me so no go eatc salmón or so?3 Shit you fat fuck

Yes. Drunk Shamepai is hilarious desu.

>it would change how you see me
True but I'd only love you more, is that so bad

On it

>eat salmon or so. you fat fuck

Someone call the burn ward.

New "Reviews" oh boy I liked pretty much everything today.

>Pig Destroyer - Terrifyer
I listened to this while eating chicken wings.

>Bob Marley & The Wailers - Exodus
I haven't smoked weed in a while but this makes me want to. Other than "Guiltiness" and "The Heathen" this was entirely hits. Relistenable as fuck even though the songs are so simple. Sad I passed on this guy for so many years because of the culture surrounding him.

>Nujabes - Metaphorical Music
I wasn't the hugest fan of Modal Soul, but this was damn good. Not only were the features better, but the instrumentals were more dense, layered, and detailed, and it repeated itself a little less, but I felt this could've been about 20 minutes shorter and had a much greater impact.

>Current 93 - All the Pretty Little Horses
I like these guys, but I really am not the HUGEST fan of them. They do some interesting stuff, I'm just not sadly into this side of folk it seems

ALSO NICK CAVE HOLY SHIT

>Flying Saucer Attack - s/t
I loved this atmosphere, but this was just a lot of build up and seemingly no payoff. Favorite parts were "My Dreaming Hill" and "Make Me Dream" but the rest of it just felt empty. Funny, as this should've been awesome atmosphere since I listened to it twice while driving around at night, but it just wasn't.

>Björk - Biophilia
Bork brings a lot of passion here, possibly one of my favorite examples of her voice, but the instrumentals are just so often weak and sparse. She's showing a lot of emotion, but everything backing her just isn't really. Better than Volta but not by much. Hopefully the two I have left are better.

What next??

>go eatc salmón or so?3 Shit you fat fuck
This is gold. Please roast me next.

Ween "extras"

These both were just worse versions of already existing songs + a few alright albums. The Mollusk Sessions had a couple great songs like "Kim Smoltz" and "Koko" while Caesar Demos had "Pot Luck" "Chocolate Town" "Don't Let the Moon Catch You Cryin'" and "Things You Already Know". Honestly if you stuck the best tracks together you could have a full album better than La Cucaracha. However the existing tracks were just like the original but pitched differently, mixed worse, or missing an instrument/vocal part or two. Worth it if you REALLY like Quebec and The Mollusk.

Moanin' or Andy Kaufman

Posting hand and food

Improv cont + nice dubs

Disc 5 had some amazing stuff, like the first track "Invisible Guitar" which is the best damn thing on this comp. Object tracking was whatever, while the dude's follow-up "Socket" was a really interesting and well textured improv track. I'm not sure if I REALLY like these or if these are just okay and great relative to the other shit on here. The approach tracks were good, but just in spurts and had their moments.

Disc 6 started with three great tracks by Aki Onda, but the rest was total crap. I'm not much into harsh noise and the more minimal tracks, and that's what the majority of this disc is.

I'm starting to see a pattern of like two good tracks on every disc but it depends on how much time they make up. If you shortened this to like 3 CDs I'm sure this could be great. Hopeful that the rest will be decent but I'm not sure...

will do next

>>Pig Destroyer - Terrifyer
>8
my man you should explore more grindcore
not to imply that doesnt deserve an 8, but there are 10s waiting for you

good hand good food
nice pic my dude

HE ABSOLUTELY DID IT
that's some tasty looking potroast btw, matches the theme of the thread

No you are beautiful you even like Anime how do i roast you aside of being maybe homosex

fuuuuuck those buns tho

I enjoyed The Inalienable Dreamless so maybe I should

Worth noting that the alt "censored" cover is literally just Swans lmao

Thanks. It's pernil and my hand is that of a Girl i wish sometimes that i was a Girl but than i would be a pleb and i would get dicjs instead of pussy so that is a minus

Wew lad. I'm not homosex though desu. Just mildly bisex because of a thing for dicks and traps. Roast me for that maybe?

>The Inalienable Dreamless
also really good
I recommend:
insect warfare- world extermination
wormrot- dirge
full of hell + merzbow
Nails - Unsilent Death

CLEAN

YOUR

FUCKING

NAILS

I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU GET ANY OF THE FECES IN YOUR NAILS ON THAT DELICIOUS FOOD I WILL

MURDER

YOU

Thanks! Backlogged

holy fuck

idk m8, sshx makes being a qt gril look p nice tbhfam

I know you are right it makes me Really sad when i see my nails but right now i only use the fork and spoon so i don't get any dirt there. What is one good way to keep them clean tho. Also maybe posting tounge latwr

>i wish sometimes that i was a Girl but than i would be a pleb
wrong, I have a girl's taste and i'm the biggest patrician in daily
>and i would get dicjs instead of pussy so that is a minus
that would be a minus

neat pic and trips

why ask us to roast you when you could get on craigslist and get spitroasted like you really want?

w-wew lad

Fuck you nyar i screamed your name but you instead tell me to be a homosex so sorry no for you
Nope i am not that brown but i swear if i don't get pussy soon i would start seeking for dicks but they suck and are worse than pussy

>Fuck you nyar i screamed your name but you instead tell me to be a homosex so sorry no for you
I didn't suggest you should try being gay
but you should listen to sondre lerche

lewder than I usually like to joke but the roasted connection made it too easy

almost as easy as you :^)

Little did you know I get turned on by being degraded so haha I win this round

Right

Good Morning /daily/!

Made some music while my gf is asleep. I think I'll listen to Jandek now.

Also fuck Radiohead for playing Creep on the night I was supposed to ssee them.

I thought Radiohead hate Creep? Am I wrong?

Well fuck your girlfriend music is way better can you just listen to my sayings cause i have to say that if you enjoy Girls more that vidya anime or music you should kill yourself fuck off

whats your real name shamepai

I don't even know
as long as you're happy, you win

Andrés like Really sexy huh

"Haha" I lose. But anyway, well played roasting.

They do. But they're past being edgy dads I think.
wew

Madvillain - Madvillainy
22 Tracks; 47 Min.

It's very late and I am beyond exhausted so I'll make this quick but I'll probably just sit around in this thread for no reason despite being super tired.
Madvillainy is such an amazing album. There is no low points. Everything is at its very best. Top tier production and DOOM’s killer flow is so strong and hella quotable. Plenty of standout moments and I’m sure many more will come on multiple replays. 9.1.

i hope it rains and i can go downtown tomorrow evening
either way 2 1 8 4 is going to be at night deep in the city

So it's been a while. I'm getting back into listening music (yet again), but this time, I'm listening to early NFL music courtesy of the many wonderful composers whose work is in the DeWolfe library. While Sam Spence is probably the most well known of the bunch, I actually like his work the least, but it's still okay. Syd Dale, Tom Hedden, Alan Hawkshaw, Francis Monkman, I really like their stuff, though. I just got done listening to 200, yes, 200 tracks all through today, and I just started another 200-track playlist.

youtube.com/watch?v=m2gk2QVpuAI&index=14&list=PLQdaACOW01Up2K7f8iFmserU802oqcS1F

How the fuck is this music not talked about more in... anywhere, by anyone, seriously. It's so melodic and intense. Shivering violins and punchy brass with ear-tickling chords and arpeggios from the piano and synthesizers, with rolling, crunchy basslines.

that's a cool name, way more distinctive than matthew
none of my vowels have punctuation
I wish I had that picture of the blonde lady that says haha
yeah I like jokes

Rate

>hairy arms
>wrinkly palms
>brown pants
>empty table
>weeaboo
kill your self my dude

7.5/10
I would shake it heartily

I almost posted my hand to be rated but I'm too sober to go that far off topic

On-topic: I'm listening to Unrest, and it's really great. All day today, I have only been enjoying music already in my collection. It's been nice.

Good thoughts. lad. I haven't heard that 2814 album in its entirety but I think it'll be comfy on a rainy night.
Does pic related work as a substitute