Talentless hack or underrated genius?

underrated hack

Talentless genius

the original fuccboi

Genius

all applicable

Just-right-rated talented normal dude.

i wouldn't call him a hack

it's strange, he didn't play any instrument or write any songs, just lyrics, yet The Doors were fucking nothing after his death, they couldn't make a good album without him, he made the band what it was, but on paper it looks like was completely useless

Neither. He was the right guy in the right place at the right time.

inb4 >scaruffi, but:
"The dilemma of individual merits remains unsolved. Did Morrison take advantage of an excellent trio of musicians or did The Doors owe it all to the temperament of their front man? Surely The Doors has had few rivals in the annals of rock's history: only the Stones and the Jefferson Airplane had as much heterogeneous talent and such a spontaneous fusion of innovative elements. Did The Doors really create Light My Fire, The End, When The Music's Over or were they Morrison's improvisations that demanded the emergence of techniques both individual and collective? Who's to blame for the crisis, Morrison, who was out of control or The Doors who became too commercial? Who is the real owner of their music?"

Very interesting to think about, if nothing else.

he got lucky

no he did the charisma and poetry while the band did the music, its equally valued

>ride the snake
>To the lake, the ancient lake, baby
>The snake is long, seven miles

A grown man wrote that

reminds me of the dragon ball snake path but it being a river

intuitive talent who expended his ideas too quickly.

His problems mid-late career had more to do with boredom and ennui than lack of talent.

This is actually the most accurate description of Morrison

He hated for people to say Jim Morrison and the Doors. On the cover of LA Woman he intentionally squatted down a bit to make the other guys appear taller than him.

He's looking right at us Sup Forums....

overrated minor talent

i can beat him up

Yeah this.

Talented Hack Tbh

Three talented musicians who can improvise with great results and one extravagant poet. They formed a great band together, but it was all about Jim in the first place. The band was backing him up in his performances and they did it well. But it was the charisma and behavior of Jim that attracted masses. He was a symbol of lost generation. He could write his poetry and transform it into lyrics and make it popular. Poets of that time were great, but not many people actually read them.

Bigger fan of Ray Manzarek, but great band none the less.

>squatted down
as opposed to squatting up?

regardless, what the fuck does the fact that he squatted to make the other band members appear taller with the fact that he hated for people to say Jim Morrison and The Doors? theres 0 correlation between these 2 sentences you just typed.

u autistic?

no

weird

not really i wouldnt say so

Light My Fire was kriegers work actually.

This always comes up in discussions about lyrics/lyricists but it seems like the lyrics themselves often matter less than the delivery, or confidence in that delivery. For example in either The Gloaming or 2+2=5 Thom Yorke just repeats 'And the raindrops' which isn't inspired lyricism but always it suits the mood of piece.

>underrated
wat

Id say he himself was overrated, but the doors themselves arent. Ray, Robbie and John made the actual good music. Jim accompanied that with decent lyrics and vocals. The thing that Jim was good at was performance.

jim is most definitely not underrated.

he had talent as a lyricist. and a great voice.