Avey's masterpiece vs. Panda's masterpiece: which is better?

Avey's masterpiece vs. Panda's masterpiece: which is better?

STGSTV is better but its only because of Panda's drumming

it's always baffled me that his solo albums basically feature no drumming, although i haven't listened to them all

Deakin's masterpiece desu

Person Pitch >>>>>>>>> STGSTV

Spirit isnt Avey masterpiece because It's not a solo album

technically not but it's his masterpiece

Its not. Spirit is like 80% Avey but its good not only because of him.

Panda's drumming is great but not any more than Eno's synths on a Bowie album

Fun fact: Avey told panda what he wanted the drums to sound like by beatboxing

Panda's drumming does not account for 20% of the album's content.

this is best

you could say that Person Pitch is only 50 percent Panda because of all the samples he uses

Found the pleb!!

>tfw Sup Forums still hasn't realized that slasher flicks is the true masterpiece

Down There

this desu

>he fell for the stgstv is the best anco meme

No, it's 100% Panda. Gathering the samples and shaping them up to form a cohesive record takes a hell lot of work.

STGSTV is the best if not in the top 3 AnCo records imo at least.

Why are you shilling this so hardcore?

he was only proving the other guy wrong

Person Pitch any day of the week.

Down There>STGSTV>PP

contrarian detected

but it was credited as "Avey Tare and Panda Bear" and later Animal Collective.

You could, similarly, say that Tame Impala records are Kevin Parker solo efforts 'cause he writes everything

i'm not saying it's a solo album
i'm saying it's avey's masterpiece

AnCo Solo Rankings:

Sleep Cycle > Enter the Slasher House > Tom Boy > PBMEGR > Panda Bear > Down There > Young Player

fair enough. Also, it's obviously leagues ahead of PP, as much as I like it

what puts Panda's s/t above Down There, may I ask?

Honestly, that was the hardest part of that little ranking for me.

I generally actually enjoy Avey's AnCo contributions more than PB's. But I felt like, for a first album, s/t was solid and interesting. Down There has some great moments, but it felt like Avey didn't really know what he wanted to do with it. Slasher House, on the other hand, was incredibly focused and coherent. I think s/t as a whole album is probably just a little more interesting, whereas Down There has better individual points.

And fuck, I meant to put PP after Slasher in that list.

You've good points. Panda Bear is very pretty despite it's minimal production

Down There is sometimes my favorite AnCo solo work, but I can't actually say it's better than PP or STGSTV.

>young prayer last

Trash

strawberry jam is avey´s masterpiece

Yeah, I'll freely admit that it may just be an aspirational thing, but I feel like if you look at Panda Bear's s/t as the very first offering from him, compared to the fact that Down There came so much after Avey had done some incredible work, s/t is more interesting to me. Down There came after he'd already done STGSTV, DM, Campfire, Indian, Sung Tongs, Feels, Strawberry, and MPP. It's not a bad album, but it's definitely a step backwards for him. I think it showed that he needs other people, or at least some cohesive idea, to really shine.

but Eno is like 20% of the Berlin Triogy, if not more