Post forgotten buzz bands pt.2

Post forgotten buzz bands pt.2

Don't know if it was Spin, Rolling Stone or NME but they were touting these guys as the 'next Nirvana', which pretty much doomed them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gGdGFtwCNBE
youtube.com/watch?v=JRpScJzx41U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ayyyy, i remember them

Are the killers irrlvant now?
They started out so strong.
Mr.brightside was a monster, it was actually believable they would be something.

youtube.com/watch?v=gGdGFtwCNBE

Reminder that this was actually P4K's AOTY 2003

please don't make this a new meme thread that pops up every fucking day and serves literally no purpose

If it was one me, would do this thread every 5 years.

they're like the strokes or the libertines in that they have a solid fanbase and can probably keep putting out records and tour and so on

human was a bona fide hit song, moreso than brightside or when you were young

(i wonder what eric roberts charged for his appearance in that video)

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

I'm not gonna teach your boyfriend how to dance with you is legit a fucking great pop song, perhaps even better than it's counterpart You Me Dancing
But the better twee/indie rock band of the era was hands down Los Campesinos

hot french girls, vintage guitars, fashion AND music world buzz - what more could you want?
these chicks were signed to nylon magazine's record label (!) which, needless to say, probably folded a week after it launched

mostly unmemorable, but loser and barcelona = major choonage

Pic related
It's a shame, the first album is a classic imo

looks more like nylon asked a bunch of dumb models if they want to sign to a label

felt as if these guys put out an album a month at one point

>eric roberts

Probably not a lot.

she was the buzzy blog babe we deserved ;___;

"the bus fare and a pack of smokes" is my favorite estimation, courtesy of Sup Forums

i wonder if this guy has a dartboard with ed sheeran's face taped to it

If you want people to be excited for the follow-up to a well received album, there has to be a follow-up.

these sorta count, i think? i got the impression that they were only 'internet big' but i might be wrong

signed to warner bros after this and put out a record that no one liked, apparently. that one's a fun little L.A. rock album though
ooooo
eeeee
feels good to be free

pic related wasn't half bad either. features classic '00s markers such as the bush-bashing mission statement song, the weepy sung-thru-a-telephone elliott smith tribute and the genre-bending IDM collab. deluxe reissue when?

Forgot all about that

Then there was this

youtube.com/watch?v=JRpScJzx41U
great video

their guitarist died of cancer the other day

thomas fekete....
I thought it was bait for a moment
R.I.P

that sucks but so did that album, so........

that sucks, but so did that album, so......

it blows my mind that cosentino is some feminist pseudo-icon now. i mean out of all the fucking people you could pick. the music is so uninspired!! it kinda worked on that album but everything after has been super bland

their newest album california nights (where else) is doing remarkably well on streaming services though. sounds like bon jovi. maybe i just don't get it

sent ;^)

People have shitty generic taste. What's to get?

ITT: people who desperately wish Hipster Runoff was still a thing

Broken Bells

praise be unto our lord and saviour

Jenny Lewis is a qt

nice blogpost faggot

thx bb

>IT'S CIVILIZED
>IT'S CIVILIZED
>IT'S CIVIL SIIIIN
they really only had one song, tho

Literally everything put out by Sincerely Yours mid-oughts got 8.6+ on p4k and the entire label even got a writeup as recent as 2013
I do miss the whole Swedish Balearic revival thing

This band was fucking dope, I wonder what they're up to now

Haha, I come back and this thread's still going? Nice.

gotta say i still love this album tbqh

Why isnt it?

They're better than they've ever been right now.

Vivian Girls debut and Alopecia are still good and in no way forgotten to me

I actually think this might be the best all-female indie rock release of the last 20 years

solid band tho. internal wrangler was an album i loved and burned in 2000, that copy stayed at a national park bait house for year with my brother who is a decade younger than me. The kids he worked with may have loved some dumb radio in the early 200s but they also knew

EVIL BILL

Yoni is living proof that one shitty album can really kill a career... (Eskimo Snow)