Bands you listened to beforw they became popular

Have you ever started listening to a unknown artist before they became popular?

There was an indie band posted on a bandcampthread here in 2014 and no-one listened to them and I loved them. I recently checked up on them online and one of there videos has 700k views and commebts were saying "Mac Demarco" brought me and here. Also cringey shit like "omg indie is the best","this is like so jazzy :-P"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q-gcfQhR_9c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

so?

denzel curry and flume

Just thought, i'd start a discussion

My Morning Jacket

I saw them open for Southern Culture on the Skids in 2001. I bought It Still Moves in 2003.

my favorite album of the year so far is this really unknown guy

I rarely post his album outside of an aoty thread every now and then cause I don't want it to become known as a "shilled" or "viral marketed" album

Post it

Tame Impala

An aussie friend of mine linked me their myspace before the first EP was released, I've been a fan ever since.

Maps & Atlases are a band from Chicago, where I'm from, and I met them a few times while they were sort of a fill-in opener in the area at local venues and they were nice dudes. They're not "popular" per se, but I saw them get a shitload of attention for their last album and I'm happy for them, they deserve it. Great people.

I remember I once brought up in a bandcamp thread 'Foilage' who would constantly post and how he suddenly disappeared and I got like 30 replies calking me eith Foilage himself or a shill

Auroch is actually sorta popular in the blackened death metal scene, and I went to highschool with the frontman. I remember back when they were called Tusk. They put on a great live show.

frankie cosmos
used to chat with greta on tumblr too

>Rick Alvin

He isn't popular yet

you remember jonothan?

Wow, must be so weird watching them grow up to be so huge

i saw this in the aoty thread
seemed like people were digging it

Death Grips. A friend of mine has connections in sacramento and knew about their first release. Only got into them seriously when Exmilitary was released, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q-gcfQhR_9c

Discovered on a You Groove You Lose thread when it was released on soundcloud.

The moment Lonerism blew up I couldn't help but think "damn I have the ultimate hipster cred"

all of them

arctic monkeys and gorillaz.

>Have you ever started listening to a unknown artist before they became popular?

>Who is the biggest hipster ITT?

Hipsters would never admit to enjoying a band that later became popular

I've been fapping to these fuccbois since 2012. Last weekend my friends says to me he says "hey I gotta show you this band called The 1975". Fuck sake.

I'm pretty sure "i liked them before they were cool" is one of the stereotypical hipster phrases.