What does Sup Forums think of Rush?

What does Sup Forums think of Rush?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EYYdQB0mkEU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Talented musicians with little to no soul or as Sup Forums would call them "wankery".

One of the best "intellectual" dad-rock bands out there. This isn't criticism, I actually like them.

It's a bit weird that they aren't bigger in the wrong-generation crowd.

I'd like them a lot more but Geddy's voice annoys the shit out of me sometimes

Yeah, I guess that is what stopped them from becoming even bigger. I like his voice because of how strange it is though.

Pretty gud

>DUDE I'M 16 AND LIBERAL LMAO: THE BAND

trailer park bois XD

I've never liked Rush. Their music seems to take the worst of both hard rock and prog rock and combine it into something accessible for those who are new to classic rock beyond the Stones, Led Zeppelin, Floyd, etc

They are great. The best albums IMO are 2112 and Hemispheres. Second OP pic and A Farewell to Kings.

This is one of my favoritues songs from them:

youtube.com/watch?v=EYYdQB0mkEU

Rush are great

Lyrics are weird/shit teir but musicianship and instrumentation is top tier.

I thought that was RATM

I'm unable to appreciate them the way I used to and it pains me.

I thought they were obsessed with Ayn Rand

They were the Dream Theater of their time, compared to classic British prog. Very technical, fantasy-based and generally faggy.

I don't mind them, there's stuff that's held up a lot worse. And even though I compared them to Dream Theater, they're the good version of that style, if that's possible.

Lol Steve Albini said that Yes's Roundabout is Rush's entire career summed up in one song, which makes them unnecessary

They're ok but highly overrated.

They lost me after Permanent Waves. Pre 1980s Rush is GOAT. Post 1980s, synth driven Rush sucks.

I think Neal Pert was the huge Ayn Rand fan. What novel or story is 2112 based on? Being that I never read any of her books, I openly admit my ignorance.

Their instrumentals (like YYZ, La Villa Strangiato and the intro to 2112) are their best, and most of their other stuff is mediocre. Not to say that Geddy's voice or Peart's lyrics are what make their other songs worse, but they always seem tighter when they're jamming around a few riffs rather than doing a traditional song or a huge prog suite.

The album was just dedicated to her in general in the liner notes. apparently the story is similar to Anthem, which I haven't read.

I just think it's funny that guy (I'm assuming it's not you) would make out that they're babby's first liberal band when they've actually received criticism for being too right wing.

It was inspired by Atlas Shrugs. Ayn Rand is very obnoxious and pretentious in my opinion but her books are a bit interesting atleast.

It's worth noting that Peart has long since renounced Rand's philosophy and now identifies as a "left-leaning libertarian".

I think he described it as "bleeding heart" libreterian

it is. my friend really likes ratm, which really fucking cringes me.

Peart nowadays is that older bike-driving hippie uncle we all know and have