What score gave scaruffi to your favorite album?

What score gave scaruffi to your favorite album?

>7/10

Fuck you and scaruffi!

Spirit of Eden: 8/10

Higher than Laughing Stock. Am I patrician?

>What score gave scaruffi to your favorite album?
7/10 too

>Since I Left You
>7/10

fuck you scaruffi

Surfer Rosa: 8.5/10

7/10 desu

9/10
Beat that you fucking plebs
Try to guess the album

He never reviewed it :-(

>Yerself Is Steam
>9/10

Take that faggots

Velvet Underground and Nico?

9/10 and contains the greatest rock masterpiece of all times (The Sister Ray)

8/10
Not bad

>implying my favourite album was pleb enough to be reviewed by the italian pedo man

Pic related
9/10

scrufalooies gave it 8

bullet for my valentine

6/10

Pretty rough.

Time for a new favorite album

>8/10

I'll take it. No review on Divers yet though.

4/10

7/10

7/10 D:

He didn't review it

>7/10
>Korn's self-titled has a 7.5/10

Just realized Scaruffi gives lots of 9s, so this is probably harder than I thought. Its Uncle Meat by Frank Zappa.

he's not reviewed it

>Unrated

second favorite album is 6/10

6/10, hes not really a fan of flylo

7/10

>all these scaruffians

I think it was the Scaruffi rating that gave this album meme status. I understand the criticism: no 9's all millennium, 1 9.5 for the history of music, then suddenly out of nowhere a 10 for such a politically divisive record? OBND is, to be fair, spectacularly flawed: it hews too close to its obvious inspirations, Trout Mask Replica, Kaoru Abe's Winter 1972, and Stravinsky's Rite of Spring to name a few; some parts, most notably the 9 minute modal jazz fugue 'If My Truck Could Talk', are ambitious to the point of onanism; the dynamics, from -25 dBA RMS for tracks on end to the sound-barrier-breaking cathartic noise tempest on 'Two Night Town: Part II (the Second Night)', make it no less easy for ears more accustomed to modern production styles. I would argue that it is precisely these flaws that give OBND it's effervescent je-ne-sais-pais. From Aldean's liner notes to Burnin' It Down, the centerpiece of OBND:

"Suppose that a man leaps out of a burning building and lands on a bystander in the street below. Now, make the burning building be Europe, and the luckless man underneath be the Palestinian Arabs. Is this a historical injustice? Has the man below been made a victim, with infinite cause of complaint and indefinite justification for violent retaliation? My own reply would be a provisional 'no,' but only on these conditions. The leaper must make such restitution as he can to the man who broke his fall, and must not pretend that he never even landed on him. And he must base his case on the singularity and uniqueness of the original leap. It can't, in other words, be 'leap, leap, leap' for four generations and more. The people underneath cannot be expected to tolerate leaping on this scale and of this duration, if you catch my drift. In Palestine, tread softly, for you tread on their dreams. And do not tell the Palestinians that they were never fallen upon and bruised in the first place.

He gave Like Clockwork a 4/10...

>8/10
Fuck. Yes.

Ween - Quebec: 3/10

FUCK YOU!!!!

6.5, pleasantly surprised

A 10! I'm sort of a drone though.

Unrated

It's a stellar album, of course

Blues for the Red Sun: 8/10

Considering his rating distribution I'm pretty pleased with this, though it's dumb that he rates it as his second favourite metal album of all time. Kyuss isn't metal, and if it were it would be the best.

He also gave whitechocolatespaceegg a 7.5 so I was kind of surprised by that too. I think that album is really underrated. Same with Whip-Smart.

>Ween - Quebec:
4/10

9/10
Try to guess.
Hint: the genre is punk (I'm not including the subgenre or any additional genre tags)

It used to be a 3/10 according to Wayback

>8/10

He actually had whitechocolatespaceegg as an 8 before he changed it

Le Pop Group - Y

Really? Interesting. I think white is so good. I love the track "Perfect World". It's like so simple and haunting.

Yeah it is the pop group. I don't get the hate for it here

favorite artist is RHP/SKM, and he gave Down Colourful Hill a 9/10.

He just rates music based on how original it is. im sure he loves some "6/10" albums

confirmed bc we both have italian surnames

They're fine I guess but I'd rather just put on Talking Heads desu

Literally my favorite post-punk, (or punk in general) album

>hate
Sup Forums hates the pop group?

btw I'm

7.5/10
I'll leave you to guess

ITAOTS

Has it been already posted ITT?
If not, AB or Funeral

9/10
>tfw patrician as fuck

It seems like its either severely underappreciated or people pass it off as avant-teen trash a lot of the time

>Madvillainy
>7/10

It's a board who many of its users think In Rainbows is the best Radiohead album, what can you expect?

6/10
Catch For Us The Foxes

Yeah I guess you're right

i cried

>6/10

He seems to like the artist in general, though.

>Richard D. James Album
>6/10

guess

>spiderland
>9/10
hmm, okay den.

He gave it a 10/10 lads

>Spirit They're Gone Spirit They've Vanished (2000), 7.5/10
Ay

My 5 fav albums Scaruffi scores

In Utero- 7/10
Spiderland- 9/10
Pinkerton- 6.5/10
Laughing Stock- 7/10
Ok Computer- 7/10

i know, it was a good rating, more than what i would give

don caballero 2 - 8
drive like jehu yank crime - 8
fugazi red medicine - 8
slint spiderland - 9
unwound new plastic ideas - 7

it's always around 8

>8.5
I don't mean to be butthurt but what a contrarian fuckhead. He tries to be "critical" but instead just plays a game called "Let's give good albums lower scores."

Rockets to Russia?

What album is it?

Probably Zen Arcade

How is that not a good score?

9/10
I shouldn't care but I like it when someone agrees with me...

see

>8.5
>low score

you know you have to be a certain age to use this website right?

ITCOTCK

Sue me

Have a few albums I consider my favorite so I'll just do all of them.

>Deathconciousness-7/10
>Blonde on Blonde-9/10
>The Ape of Naples-unrated
>Heaven or Las Vegas-6/10
>Long Season-unrated
>Spiderland-9/10
>Kid A-6.5/10
>Nebraska-6.5/10

Not sure how to feel about it overall, some accurate ratings and some shit ones.

Cocteau Twins and Radiohead have better albums than the ones you posted

No, no they don't, at least not for me.

Scaruffi may have reacted some higher, but those are my subjective favorites. And I would also say that they are alps probably the objective best.

he hasnt rated it

>9/10
he's actually one of the few people to recognize this for what it is

Accurate rating

>tfw scaruffi has never mentioned your favorite band

i realy want to like this album but the sex noises put me off, like nah mang i dont wanna hear that shit i wanna hear music

just roll with it, it's very theatrical and over the top
try not to limit yourself with preconceived notions of what an album is supposed to be like and it will probably start to click for you once you open up to it
you should be thinking about what it IS doing rather than what it's SUPPOSED to be doing

Gun Club

7.5/10, but only because the 2nd disc wasn't good.
Church Gone Wild would easily be a Scaruffi 9 without it

Fuck Scaruffi, is there anyone who still read his shit?

8/10

Guess the album. Clue, the artist worked with loads of big names up to the current decade

Gotta love Type O, amazing band. Shame he shat on their other albums. World Coming Down is my fav from them.

>mfw Scaruffi dismisses your favorite band as bland pop rock