I don't get it

I don't get it.

listen to it again, full volume and some weed

It emphasizes sounds and atmosphere more than traditional structure. Listen to it like you would a Brian Eno ambient record.

Unless of course you're just trolling for Loveless arguments

fuck this meme

It's just power pop with reverb.

This is objectively the best written piece in musi history.

nah.

are you going to try to insist To Here Knows When is a power pop structure?

to here knows when basically has a spice girls-tier pop song structure dude, it's absolute shit

This. Just keep coming back to it, it'll eventually click. Took me my 4th listen.

It also happens to be the greatest song of all time, so there's that too.

Do you like staring at lavalamps? If not, then this album isn't for you.

It's just a reversal of the "Ride is britpop with reverb" meme.

>got it on the first listen
haha feels good being patrician

Dat tension release during the bridge on I Only Said

Blast it real loud, like real loud.

According to the guitarist your brain waves start changing and you experience something totally different.

>got it on 0th listen
get on my level

this is better anyway op

No one does it's shoegaze.

It's not a meme. Try it.

top-tier pseudoscience right here
if you're turned off by its high-end focus try putting on a bassy equalizer. makes it sound beefier/less ear-shredding.

The "listen to it louder" arguments are not really a meme. If you dont listen to it loud enough, you won't be abe to discern the layers that well.

But that doesn't necessarily mean full volume

Is there an album that is just a bunch of To Here Knows Whens? Because it would be my favorite album

this.

id been meaning to listen to this for a while now, there's just so much music. I'll listen to it soon, thanks for the recc

Possibly this one too.

already listened to this, good choice though

isnt anything / ectasy and wine are better

I think a lot of people get confused by the "listen to it louder" advice. The point of listening to it louder isn't to make the already prominent layers sound more extreme, but to make the quieter/subtler background layers discernible, to hear how they interact and work off the other ones.