What does Sup Forums think of Aphex Twin?

What does Sup Forums think of Aphex Twin?

youtu.be/6iiK4MgIPtI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tLBGbrpBP5c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

A few months ago I'd have said he's the most popular artist on here

What who?

goat. I even like Syro. I don't get all the hate

Syro is his best record, his most cohesive and well-thought-out. Compositions are brilliant, have a lot of motion and progress interestingly.

Favorite soundcloud track?

youtube.com/watch?v=tLBGbrpBP5c

Syro is like a solid 8/10, however i think it kinda wanders off towards the end, if you get what im saying

Who are they?

he's definitely not as popular as he used to be. it's weird.

he used to be the greatest electronic artist of all time

Who is it now then?

Arca

>listening to gay Autechre

>not listening to gay Autechre

What's wrong with you?

I never really liked them and now I don't have the time or inclination to

unless I share a bill with them ever then I'd chill and enjoy the show

>autechre
>"straight"
also stale meme

new album when

He said it would be this year but I bet money the little shits just fucking around

Lichen

SAW was a very important record
SAW 2 holds up
RDJ album is overrated
Drukqs is really great
Syro is underrated

he is a very good artist but certainly not the best electronic artist. he isnt the most pop-y idm artist either like everyone believes, that would be squarepusher desu

Then why is he easily the most popular/well-known?

Not counting brostep shit of course

Don't over sell him user. He's good. Classic even. But greatest? Lets be real. It's just acid innit.

SAW was probably quite the bomb at the time and might have left an impression. plus historically it has always been an essential in electronic music. SAW has almost 10k ratings in RYM while the 2nd most well known release by him (RDJ Album) has about 7k, and it is arguably another classic.

aphex twins popularily among the masses probably is mostly due to those two albums, the rest of his stuff alienates a significant part of the fanbase i would imagine. the work that cemented him as the most well known idm artist is quite old, so i wouldnt say that his work after those years is particularly pop-y (even tho Syro won a grammy or some shit)

Then who is? Because I honestly can't think of someone who deserves to be put on the same pedestal

28 organ
Heliosphan live

>I honestly can't think of someone who deserves to be put on the...pedestal

Sums up my feelings on the matter.

not him, but Eno and Autechre spring to mind

moebius
eno
schitnitzler
tietchens
parmegiani
kayn
sakamoto
atkins
umiliani
bayle
tudor
stockhausen

just a few

He's my personal savior, and without him my life would have no meaning.

bretty good

Fucking genius.

>Them
You clearly know way too little about the artist to form a credible and thought out opinion about him

A musical mastermind. Windowlicker and SAW 1 are genius. Hangable Auto Bulb and Come to Daddy are also quality albums.