Aphex Twin Cheetah EP Promo

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/user18081971-Cheetah3-Teac/release/7105063
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

wow i cant wait for the music press to salivate and wank over this despite the fact that richard seems to be on autopilot as of late and cleary doesn't give a fuck anymore

>aphex twin

Didn't realise this was 2006

Is this EP coming packaged with a fucking synth?

That would really be something

You do realize Syro and CCAI were purge albums of his 12-year hiatus, and this is probably the first bit of truly fresh Aphex we're getting?

"The New Aphex Twin Release is a Synthesizer?

This afternoon, we received a card announcing that Aphex Twin will release a work called 'Cheetah EP'. On that card, which carries the logos of Warp and Aphex Twin, the text is just like the product description for a new synthesizer. The contents are as below:

[translation of the English text on the card]

The existence of this 'Cheetah EP' has already been spread as a rumour since last year by fans on We Are The Music Makers and Reddit. They cited comments on Aphex Twin's Soundcloud sub-account user18081971 as a source.
A certain WATMM user pointed out that the title 'Cheetah' may be in reference to the name of the maker of a 6-voice polyphonic synthesizer module released in the UK during the 1980s, the Cheetah MS6.

It's unconfirmed as to whether or not Richard is using the MS6, but it wasn't listed in the equipment list published with his 2014 album 'Syro'. The features and the specifications of the synthesizer described on the card they sent out seem to match the MS6, so knowing that, it's possible that this is a joke made by Richard watching the reactions of WATMM.

Whether or not it's related is unclear, but as of last week Aphex Twin has posted a track called 'Love 7' on the user18081971 account. Attached is an equipment list for tracks recorded in 2005, but of course the word 'Cheetah' is nowhere to be found.

*We received word through SNS that 'Love 7' was included on the digital version of 'Analord 11'. Thanks for informing us.

Update (21:51): Apparently, Aphex Twin had temporarily uploaded a track called 'Cheetah3 Teac' to the user18081971 Soundcloud last year. Currently, it seems that the track has been deleted from Soundcloud. discogs.com/user18081971-Cheetah3-Teac/release/7105063 "

Oh shit good point. This got me pumped.

I don't get people who don't like Syro, it's his most consistent and mature album desu

sup Scaruffi

>this
I really enjoyed Syro, sure some tracks were meh-tier but it was still an awesome album.

I WANT THAT FUCKING POSTER HOW DO I GET IT

distributed as promotion material to media outlets

Which music shops though? Have you spotted any in U.S stores?

i think they're promoting in Japan first
it seems that the card is going to music news sites rather than record stores, though

Shit. Judging by the amount of time they advertised Syro for, i'd guess that we'll have another month or so of teases like this

Warp records have only sent this promo material to UK record stores at the present time.

JPN too

we've already heard 2 cheetah trax tho...?

>discogs.com/user18081971-Cheetah3-Teac/release/7105063
The real news here is that some autist managed to catalog every single track from Richard's MP3 dump.

AFX autist megafans doing gods work more like

>tfw no babby afx bf