Controversial opinions thread

Controversial opinions thread

I agree with all except Nevermind and Siamese Dream.

Zev Love X > Doom

Siamese Dream is the best album on that chart

Siamese Dream is way better than Nevermind though, actually is better than all of Nirvana's discog

I think in Utero is better than Mellon Collie, but aside from that this is correct. The Smashing Pumpkins are just a much better band, nothing against Nirvana though.

>people still think nirvan was good because they were popular and a bunch of awful bands wanted to sound like them

Smh desu senpai

>comparing smashing shit to literally the best band of the 90s

WEWLAD
WEWLA
WE
WEWLAD

I get it. I love Siamese Dream. But Nevermind was one of the first albums I ever bought for myself (20 years ago) so I'm biased. I prefer the Smashing Pumpkins to Nirvana without a doubt.

IS THERE

(You)

kys OP

The Pumpkins are the superior band in all aspects

Actual controversial opinion: Siamese Dream is the only good Smashing Pumpkins album, and even then it's 7/10 at best.

yeah that's why people walk around with Smashing Pumpkins shirts all the time right? Because they were so much better

kekek

something something rock critics are still blinded by commercial success, etc.

>popular = good

Fucking summer

the smashing pumpkins aren't even *that* good, nirvana are just *that* bad

This

great refutes you guys are right

I mean they're still so relevant and influential they must have been better. Great argument guys.

See

yeah good point smashing pumpkins were so good nobody wanted to sound like them

just genius

I know you're baiting but a band doesn't have to be influential or even relevant to be good.

Now you can fuck off to whatever shithole you came from

ok sure lets go by your standards

You just wanted an excuse to post this

To Pimp A Butterfly < Good Kid M.A.A.D City

Exactly, you can now get the fuck out of here.

10/10
You actually got me to respond, well done.

If Corgan was a pussy like Cobain and killed himself after the release of Mellon Collie, then you would see people with Smashing Pumpkins shirts out in Public. Corgan was a much better guitarist than Kurt, and Jimmy was a better drummer than Dave. The Pumpkins also had a much more diverse sound than Nirvana

>thinks its bait because his shitty little 90s band doesn't stack up to Nirvana

Don't get so mad bro a lot of bands don't

Pavement > Smashing Pumpkins

this thread is shit

They werent even the best out of the big four. Alice in Chains were better

there's a debate to be had there but the point is let's not start acting like SP is better just because Nirvana is overplayed as fuck nowadays

but that's the most obvious > on the entire thing dude, seriously

IMO smashing pumpkins completely eclipse any grunge band ever, and BY FAR most alt rock during the 90's outside of a tiny contingent. such an incredible band.

this is better than both

And who gives a fuck about Smashing Pumpkins or Nirvana in 2016? kek

untitled unmastered. is his best work

switch gish/bleach and Pisces/Incesticide

I get the point you're trying to make but it just fails so spectacularly because the Smashing Pumpkins ARE very influential, to lots of bands. Weezer, Sigur Rós, Silversun Pickups, Jane's Addiction, Placebo, Deftones, A Perfect Circle, and legions of dream pop/shoegaze bands are all influenced by the Pumpkins.

blacks are proto humans

wow!!! WORLDSTAR!!! fucking ROAST KING over here niggas!!! everywhere i look, i see fucking ROAST KINGS nigga!!! nigga DAMN!!! FUCK!!!

Their worst full length.

underrated

weak b8

kys

NO seriously fuck you

Loveless is the 3rd best MBV release behind Isn't Anything and You Made Me Realise

the best electronic artist of the decade

and it's not even close

fuck forgot the picture

Yeezus is better than MBDTF

Whats so controversial about this? SP > Nirvana all the way

This, OP just had to prove that he has absolutely no taste

it's just so god damn boring. It has maybe 5 interesting tracks on it.

agreed

do you like/dislike tim hecker?

No but their OPN has the edge when it comes to discography

IA with you but TH is also underwhelming imo. Should have quit after Geogaddi - their legacy would've been perfect.

it's not a competition but okay

You both are fools.

GOAT of the decade coming through.

TH (and their previous two records) at least had a consistent theme. I don't know what they were going for with Campfire.

you're on Sup Forums remember?

>gay Autechre
but I agree he's going places

>gay Autechre
i hate this meme!!!!!!

It's a compliment

That's not controversial that's an opinion I totally agree with. Also Adore is amazing, oh wait Nirvana ended... Well Machina, Oceania and Adore are better than anything the Foo Fighters put out.

Fishscale is the best Wu Tang solo album