ITT: exhausting albums

ITT: exhausting albums

It's exhausting like 4 hours of sloppy, drug induced sex is exhausting. Disgusting but ecstatic. Repulsive but carnally satisfying. And at moments, transcendental, in a Sisyphean manner. Maybe that's a bad example.

When are we gonna get some songs for the mute?

Holy fuck, I've never tipped my fedora this hard before.

Not that it's inaccessible it's just so long

is it wrong tho

Of course not.

is there even a 2+ hour long album that isn't either a chore or boring background music?

New Swans.

>Mother of the World being 7 minutes of the same two notes being repeated every second
>Piece of the Sky having like 10 minutes of pure noise

I love certain parts of The Seer but I would be lying if I said the album wasn't completely self-indulgent.

It's exhausting in a good way, like it puts you in a state of trance.

any crescendo rock except mogwai and eits

First half is exhausting, the second one, more precisely after Hjartao Hamast, is more positive and easy to listen

fuckin' 'ell m8

well if no one ever wants it,

or me......

I was doing it anyway
it is true true though, it's nigh on unfinishable like this as /you don't want it funded

I'll do it anyway and have been

>naughty seat

and it isn't the money

I can do it without, but I can see the problem

/you don't want it to work

and didn't they also starve to death...

I thought it was part of the job

This shouldn't have been a double album. The first half is clearly the best.

it makes you sweat but its not exausting

You gotta listen with good headphones. Mother of of the world keeps subtly growing throughout. It's not just the 2 notes.

Some ace tracks on this one, but unlike SFTB, which is equally massive and satisfying, Drukqs as a whole is just annoying and tiring as fuck.

Slammed this in one go. I couldn't listen to music the rest of the day.

I had a massive headache on release day, still attempted to listen to it and just drove me nuts. Listened to it a couple days later and enjoyed it.

Da fuck is dat

Sorry, I meant NEW Swans, as in The Glowing Man. It manages to dodge what you've described and seems much more self-aware of not overstaying its welcome at any given point.

Fedora tippers aren't wrong when they deny the existence of God, but it's still cringy.

Most 70+ minutes modern hip-hop albums desu

That album is a masterpiece thou

Holy fuck, this.
The song New Slaves in and of itself is a chore. 20 minutes of industrial death jazz chaos.
The last 8 minutes or so when they go free-tempo and it just sounds like a huge wall of buzzing engines in particular. And to think that Zs is only a trio...

Did it leak?

how about exhausting short or normal length albums?

the production is pretty shit, and it's their worst in terms of working as a whole album
either Little Man or On Land would be their masterpiece

This is the only correct answer ITT.

faggot