These are the only countries I currently miss traditional music recordings from in my library. What about you?

These are the only countries I currently miss traditional music recordings from in my library. What about you?

Also if you have any from any of these countries, please do tell.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dpTsyDdJYi0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lärm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake_Up!_(Pope_Francis_album)
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/kapela_ze_wsi_warszawa/wiosna_ludu/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ksiezyc/ksiezyc/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Palacio
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garifuna_music
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranda_(music)
mega.nz/#!GZ5XWbhZ!-a4ab03lHPPb-qXqKYRg9inB7uOLMJUYynEhBI6MxmA
fr.redmp3.su/album/675938/music-of-timor.html
youtube.com/watch?v=JepOL9EMDqU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=dpTsyDdJYi0

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lärm

user this is not traditional music.

Stop being a musical tourist you racist little shit

Thanks, looks like someone on SLSK has it. Hope he doesn't have the shittiest upload speed imaginable.

No.

You'll never be turny
You'll never experience traditional music the correct way
You'll never have actual taste in music
You should give up and go back to Kanye West

>you'll never be turny
>implying this is a bad thing

>You'll never be turny
You don't know that.

Really, you can't find Polish traditional music?

Do you have any suggestions?

Vatican City bro

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake_Up!_(Pope_Francis_album)

What about those polish albums you got recommended in daily months ago, were they no good?

I don't remember what they were.

well yeah I'd hate being 40 and still need anonymous to validate my music taste
you love that he started to drone you, right
how about you pick up a book on music history, or travel to poland to live the music the way it's supposed to, scumbag
of course you don't, you only consume music, you don't think about it

This is a good post. Let's reply to it all.

>you love that he started to drone you, right
I don't care.

>how about you pick up a book on music history, or travel to poland to live the music the way it's supposed to, scumbag
That won't help me get recordings of the music. And do you really think everyone can afford to travel to all the places they want to experience culturally?

>of course you don't, you only consume music, you don't think about it
I didn't consume it. I was recommended it while I was on my phone or laptop, most likely, so I couldn't download it. I generally ask people to remind me, so I can grab the albums later, but they never do.

i'm from poland and no TRULLY traditional polish music comes to my mind

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/kapela_ze_wsi_warszawa/wiosna_ludu/ but this one is awesome faux traditional polish folk album

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ksiezyc/ksiezyc/ also

>That won't help me get recordings of the music
because you're digital file a collector, not a music appreciator

>I didn't consume it. I was recommended it while I was on my phone or laptop, most likely, so I couldn't download it. I generally ask people to remind me, so I can grab the albums later, but they never do.
ok I misread it I thought you recommended them not the other way
still, you keep making lists and showing you files
I've never saw you saying anything meaningful about the music, all you do is namedrop shit and make lists
you're no different than the kids who dl a bunch of nonesuch explorer series or smithsonian compilations or those swiss records and go around busting about how cultured they are
you're no more than a sound tourist

>I don't care.
of course you don't, as long as you can show off on mu, you couldn't care less about where you get your music from

>Vatican City
This album is a masterpiece

>because you're digital file a collector, not a music appreciator
Where else would you suggest one gets the chance to listen to music from the world without having to pay shitloads for it?

>still, you keep making lists and showing you files
Not really.

>I've never saw you saying anything meaningful about the music
Fair enough.

>you're no different than the kids who dl a bunch of nonesuch explorer series or smithsonian compilations
Nonesuch Explorer series and Smithsonian Folkways are some of the best labels for traditional music recordings, there's nothing wrong with that. Folkways records even come with great liner notes to explain the music and (usually) its cultural context.

>those swiss records
lol wat

>you're no more than a sound tourist
I don't mind. I never intended to be an expert or scholar on traditional music. I'd rather hear a little from the whole world than focus specifically on a few select cultures like you would have to to gain any kind of deeper knowledge of the music and its cultural context.

>of course you don't, as long as you can show off on mu, you couldn't care less about where you get your music from
This whole response makes little or no sense.

can i be hampus too

ah thats a lot of power do not want turning off

Bump

>you love that he started to drone you, right

I drone Hampus?

>Andy Palacio was a Belizean Punta musician and government official. He was also a leading activist for the Garifuna people and their culture.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Palacio

>Punta rock

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garifuna_music

>Punta rock was created by Pen Cayetano in Belize in 1978.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranda_(music)

Autism, stop trying to impress people with usless garbage music

There's literally an electric guitar on the cover.

Thanks for this tho

> trying to impress people with usless garbage music
Sup Forums in a nutshell

>Taiwan
Liar.
I ripped some of that stuff myself.
And you saw it.
You disappointed me here hampus.
Shame on you.

anyway

Taiwan : Music of the ethnic minorities
>trad / folk music, eastern Asia, Taiwan, shittily ripped
>liner notes and booklet translated from french by yours truly
>collection of short traditionnal songs fro mthe aborigenals of Taiwan. Focuses on sung material from local villages and churches and excludes the warrior dances and other war or hunt songs. Some of the songs on this record might actually be lost as of today.

mega.nz/#!GZ5XWbhZ!-a4ab03lHPPb-qXqKYRg9inB7uOLMJUYynEhBI6MxmA

holy shit whadda prick.
>implying there is a right way to enjoy mysic

You're right, I must've missed filling it in in the excel document. I'll relisten it today, thanks.

>electric guitar
>rock only

>hampus asking people to spoonfeed him
what a time to be alive

>electric guitar
>trad

god-tier swedish ethnic music

It was for jazz

>Hobbyists in the 1920s used carbon button microphones attached to the bridge; however, these detected vibration from the bridge on top of the instrument, resulting in a weak signal.[2] With numerous people experimenting with electrical instruments in the 1920s and early 1930s, there are many claimants to have been the first to invent an electric guitar.

>The need for the amplified guitar became apparent during the big band era as orchestras increased in size, particularly when guitars had to compete with large brass sections.

>jazz
>trad

Its traditional African music via the proxy of American slavery, like 99% of all ''North American music''.

it's not traditional folk, and that's what hampus is asking for.

I found an East Timor traditional, and the links are still alive, but you have to download it one by one
>fr.redmp3.su/album/675938/music-of-timor.html

I remember I started doing this and stopped around letter e

anyway just use rym you hampus

There is literally nothing wrong with musical tourism as long as you aren't over-mystifying some other country's culture because of it.

t. someone who isn't a musical tourist

VDE-GALLO has albums with traditional music from Poland, Slovakia and Swaziland. All on Spotify.

bump

What are some essential traditional music compilations? I dont listen to much but I've always seemed to enjoy it when I do. Any country. I want to feel absorbed in the culture of another place.

is it reallyt you hampus????

ILY

Yes.

Do you want something international or something related to only one culture?

Andorra is a principality, not a country. Also, the people there are dirty, like AIDS dirty.

You are everything wrong with music fucking poseur cunt replacing music knowledge with muh world wide Dora the Explorer collection fucking faggot I hate posers so much

"Modesto Cepeda y Su Orquesta - Legado de Bomba y Pleba" for Puerto Rican folkloric music. Got you w/ the upload if you cant find it.

>Andorra is a principality, not a country
That just means they have a prince, or well in this case, two.

youtube.com/watch?v=JepOL9EMDqU
>2:40

I clearly did not get this reference.