rateyourmusic.com/collection/boldfaure/rating77882161
rateyourmusic.com/collection/boldfaure/rating78468137
rateyourmusic.com/collection/boldfaure/rating69489940
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I'm not only a reviewer
>I'm...a...reviewer
>Fantano
>reviewer

Fucking sick of this. He's a reviewer the same way a toddler is Pollock.

*a curator

>he reviews music.
>not a reviewer

okay.

hes fucking terrible, i dont know why you guys like him so much.

Your logic, can't say I'm following it.

I sincerely hope this man dies a violent / terrible death.

>The music sounds like
>repeat for each track
>rate out of 10
That's all he does. There's no "reviewing" it's just describing.

Who the fuck cares?

Damn, son! How'd you get through the metal detectors with that edge?

I do, big fan

2013 called.

It wants its meme back.

The numerical score alone would qualify it as a review, if you want to argue semantics.

t. samemelon

What the fuck else can he do? Describing music in terms of theory isn't that useful either.

Is anyone in this thread not awful?

Numbers mean fucking nothing. The review is what's important. Except Fantano doesn't review, he describes.

Only the sickest burns round these parts, gahdaaamnn

Wrong, people can do it just fine. Not my fault you don't read any reviews.
rateyourmusic.com/collection/boldfaure/reviews

>still doing this
no one think's you're clever

Fantano is what happens when a Sup Forumstant who works at McDonalds suddenly becomes a "professional" music reviewer. Arrogant attitude and meme-humor.

Robert mate we're sorry V.V. sacked you but it's time to move on. Soulja Boy isn't THAT good.

I, too, project my frustrations with life onto complete strangers! Validate my opinions more, you fucking melon-headed FUCK!

Get the fuck out of here, Anthony. For Christ's sake.
>passive aggression
>on an image board
See >Look, Mom! I can inspect element!

Describe how you would do it differently. Unless your deaf, in which case I'm sorry, he lists what he likes and doesn't like about each record.

So yeah, what do you think you would do that he doesn't? Less laughing, more serious and integrity-laden, I'm sure.

>rym page
>example of "good" review
actually, i just used snipping tool, but keep thinking that just because two posts say the same thing it has to be a samefag.

love how you can tell when anthony's on Sup Forums by the way he types. he's on Sup Forums more than you'd realise

>Describe how you would do it differently.
I'd actually review the music instead of describing it, so the number actually has meaning.
Did you read any of the reviews?

It's his job. Not saying he's automatically perfect but he literally does this for a job..

don't see whats so wrong with keeping it interesting to his audience. And if thats 14yo meme-kids Then I guess so be it But I think he panders to us folks that are a bit older.

Two posts that say the same thing is what's called 'spamming' and it's a bankable offense on this board. Keep this shit up and I'll reports you to the moderators, you fucking loser.

YouTube isn't a job, it's recreation that somehow gets paid.

do it then, watch how quickly nothing happens.
>being this ass angry because people called him edgy on the internet

Congratulations, melon; you just played yourself.

Enjoy your ban lol.

If you get paid to do something that isn't illegal, then it's a legitimate job.

actually, no i didn't, because the mods can tell posters apart, unlike you.
enjoy the rush of self righteousness though, i'm sure you feel good for doing your part to keep Sup Forums safe from two people that share opinions.

You keep saying "actually review" without describing what that means for you.

Fantano tries his best to describe how a sound sounds while not being able to replicate that specific sound for his audience. It's a pretty difficult task to be able to create that sound in someone's mind if they've never heard the album.

You're all hot gas. You have yet to differentiate your method from Fantano's. You have yet to show that you can review music any better than he can.

i guess i can see how he's a curator, sometimes i like to go to the great albums for the month videos and see if any of those albums look appealing and give them a listen, i usually only watch his reviews for an album i already listened to

i think you guys get too upset at someone expressing their opinion, but i guess this board has always been this way

Then Fantano's really shitty at his job. Who gives a shit

yeah, and i didn't really see much that was different from what fantano does.

he's not a curator, he literally just talks about whatever's popular on the internet for page views and therefore ad revenue

> (You)
>actually, no i didn't, because the mods can tell posters apart, unlike you.
>enjoy the rush of self righteousness though, i'm sure you feel good for doing your part to keep Sup Forums safe from two people that share opinions.

>You keep saying "actually review" without describing what that means for you.
CRITIQUE the music. Analyze its place in music history and the genre. Analyze the form and musical content in the music.

Don't fucking say "Shimmering synths" or "farty bass."

HOW IS THIS HARD FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND KID

Read these

rateyourmusic.com/collection/boldfaure/rating77882161
rateyourmusic.com/collection/boldfaure/rating78468137
rateyourmusic.com/collection/boldfaure/rating69489940

you're the one who's reporting people because they called you names.
fantano describes the music, and then says whether or not he enjoyed it, and why. i don't really get how that's different from "critique", but whatever.
not that i really watch fantano's stuff either (i find his editing and format annoying), but i think it's ridiculous to say he's "not a reviewer" just because he doesn't fit into your arbitrary standards.

i dont like the melon but that's not true. he sais whats popular in small corners and brings it to a wider audience, which still qualifies him as a curator. clarence clariety? maybe he was "big" on bandcamp already, but he brought it to many other communities. same with injury reserve or milo (just as examples).

I skimmed through these. The writing here is good. I can see this style on a blog or website but I really don't think it would be a successful format for YouTube.

It's informative (not sure about accurate) but not entertaining. Fantano shoots for somewhere in between, which is why it works for the general populace but spergs here only want the facts.

I see your point and I think these reviews benefit serious listeners, but sometimes I just want to watch a casual video review of an album.

If Fantano spoke the way these are written, he wouldn't be as entertaining and would pull half the views he gets.

Reminder

this

>you're the one who
We've entered full tier shit fit.

My issue isn't that Fantano is a vapid reviewer. My issue is that he's vapid, and then he CLAIMS to be profound.

Random people on RYM have more interesting insights in music and showed me more cool stuff than any internet reviewer. The only reviews I really care about are of new classical releases that tell you about the quality of the performance and talent involved.

being a pop music and meme rap "critic" is a joke

thats pretty pretentious of you, but what else do you expect from a tripfag

fair enough
don't you have people that disagree with you to report, or e-celebs to wish death on, or something? maybe an unfunny Sup Forums meme to post ad nauseam?

He's not wrong. Classical reviewers have actual expertise and knowledge of the music.

Honest to God dude, you're being an absolute fucking bitch. He's b8ing you, retard.

Have a glass of water and settle down. Jesus Christ.

What part is pretentious?

I respectfully disagree that he's vapid. He is big-headed (kek) but I probably would be, too, if I were a selfmade musical reviewer. His musical knowledge, especially of jazz and electronic, is spotty, but whose isn't? He knows a lot more about hip-hop and metal than I probably ever will but everyone has their strengths and weaknesses.

If a super Sup Forumstant who listened to hundreds of albums a year for decades suddenly decided to make reviews, he would still be shit on here.

there's no need to be such a hothead Anthony

>His musical knowledge, especially of jazz and electronic, is spotty, but whose isn't?
Mark Richardson (electronic)
Plenty of jazz reviewers for Downbeat and other publications have good Jazz knowledge.

(You)