Sunn o))) tour

has anybody seen them on their current tour? i'm about to see them this week and i'm curious about how long their shows tend to last- how long do they have the openers play, how long it takes them to set up, how long sunn themselves actually play, etc. i'm not inexperienced with concerts by any means, i just really don't know what to expect from sunn live since they do such a different thing

thanks!

Other urls found in this thread:

luminatofestival.com/2016-Program/Events/Unsound-Toronto
twitter.com/AnonBabble

im seeing them for the second time next week in amsterdam. first time i saw them (which was last year) the show lasted around 1 hour and 30 minutes but it was at a festival. i think the shows usually last around 2 hours.
you could maybe email the venue to ask what time sunn starts

i'm actually not super concerned about standing through the openers- the ones they have for this leg seem pretty solid, especially hissing. checking their official concert bootleg bandcamp page, 1.5 hours seems about right for more recent sunn shows.

hissing is nice. sadly a group called the black rebellions is opening for sunn where i'm going and im not too fond of them. would've preffered hissing

oops, the black heart rebellion*.............

huh, just looked that band up, they seem cool imo. somehow makes more sense for a sunn opener to not be metal

no knowledge to contribute, but hope you have fun user, should be a great experience.

thanks! sunn is honestly one of my favorite bands and was (up until now) one of the only currently active bands i like a lot that i haven't gotten to see in some form or another

i'm seeing them at a festival and it seems like they'll only be playing for an hour
kinda sucks since i bought the tickets just to see them

sure, sunn always takes it slow and the black heart rebellion does that too but im not really sold. perhaps theyll suprise me in a good way when i see them next week though

festivals just don't seem like the ideal place to seem them... outdoor ones at least. not dragging your decision, i understand being desperate to see a band. just seems like their particular brand of body shaking low frequency vibration shit would only make sense in enclosed spaces with few distractions. plus, i bet they can't play as loud at festivals since there are usually other stages with other (quieter) bands nearby

regardless, hope it's good. they continue to get booked at outdoor festivals, so it still must be a good enough experience.

Was going to see them in Chicago tonight but I've gotta work

yeah, but i'm excited to see them because they're playing in this old power station that was cleaned up for the festival luminatofestival.com/2016-Program/Events/Unsound-Toronto

i am , like i said ive seen them at a festival (indoors) and they played for 1.5 hours. volume was measured at 123 db which i think is around the usual volume for them.

well fuckin shit dude that's awesome. wasn't trying to be a downer

also, the website states sunn o))) starts at 11:45 pm. if theyre the last band to perform that night theyre probably playing for a long time (1.5 hours to 2 hours)

nah you're not being a downer
i totally get what you mean
if they were playing outdoors i would have skipped on it

fuckin shit i am seeing them in the grog shop which is a TINY ASS VENUE. hopefully they don't blow the place up too badly, that shit is against oshaa

Mad jelly. I'd love to see Roly Porter there

nah, the bug's on at around 1:20
so they'll probably play until 1

bump for any concert info

Hope The Bug blows up another soundsystem for you.

Sunn followed by The Bug what a top fucking evening out. Jealous of you mate.

who else is seeing them in Detroit thursday?

seeing them tonight

took work off tomorrow because i think my hearing will be fucked even with plugs and i'll be beat to shit