Biosphere | Geir Jennsen

what do you think of Biosphere? I personally love his music so much. Substrata is eternal. Tell me some of your favorite albums, tracks by Biosphere and recommend similar music.

Shenzhou and Microgravity are in my backlog. And yeah, Substrata is pretty good,

Baby Interphase was the first Biosphere track I ever listened to so Microgravity will always be special to me.

I like his solo works, as well as stuff he did with HIA and Deathprod but Substrata is easily his best.
>dat atmosphere
HHNNNGGHHHH

Have been listening to him for years, his stuff never gets old.
My personal favorites are Dropsonde, Shenzhou and Patashnik.

is HIA and Deathprod is other aliases? Never knew that thanks that's more new music for me then

I still have to listen to Dropsonde. Patashnik is gorgeous.

N-Plants and the one after that were both huge disappointments
The early ambient/techno reissues/archive tracks were a nice surprise but I still want to hear more new stuff from him that reaches the same bar he set with his run from Substrata to Dropsonde
Haven't heard the Deathprod collab yet

>is HIA and Deathprod is other aliases?
no
He released an album with Deathprod past year, good ambient imo though Sup Forums didn't seem to like it.

alright sweet thanks I will definitely listen to that

I actually loved N Plants. But I can get how you may not like it if Substrata and similar stuff is your particular taste. n plant is surely harder to get into but it didn't take me long to appreciate it. try listening to it in few months or in a couple years it might sound different

Great musician, always worth returning to.

Love Poe Alpina, Sphere of No Form, Too Fragile to Walk On, and a few tracks on Shenzhou which is a really interesting album. Substrata probs remains the fave. First two albums are good/great too but pretty cheese

I listened to Patashnik and I didn't like it. Was boring as fuck, very slow and with little going on.

Are his other releases better?

Substrata is brilliant

Yeah, at least that's not the one that's jumped out to me. Microgravity seemed the better of the two ambient techno records. Otherwise give Substrata a try. It's more ambient mind.

Like the other user said, if ou prefer more atmospheres and ambient then checkout Substrata and if you like Ambient Techno, Microgravity is beautiful.

Substrata and KLF's Chillout are wonderful to trip to

Thanks! Didn't want to dismiss him just wanted recs. Appreciated!

The 2001 remastered version of Substrata is so much better

never heard of KLF, noted, thanks.

did not know it got remastered. found Poa Alpina from 2001 on youtube. This sounds so much different

all the field recordings sounds more alive and clean

yes already feeling it!