Are there any new music genres out there, similar to what happened with Vaporwave, Witchhouse, or Seapunk...

Are there any new music genres out there, similar to what happened with Vaporwave, Witchhouse, or Seapunk? Just curious if anyone on here knows of anything getting started

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0xjttUtK3Kl
youtube.com/watch?v=cjWrkI16g8Y
quizmve.bandcamp.com/album/deep-dive-deep-web
itea.bandcamp.com/album/the-cold-hands-of-sisyphus
quizmve.bandcamp.com/album/raw-internet-music
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Deep Internet was a thing there for a while

Seapunk is not a real genre. It's literally one guy.

Same thing with "hard vapour".

Let's start a new genre, Sup Forums. What's its name?

You confusing it with oceangrunge, which was one guy spamming his projects over and over again. Seapunk had a label, various artists and even got a little coverage from MTV iirc.

Wasn't this just another brief, forced Sup Forums-genre? Like Sportswave.

Ah fuck. Yeah, you're right. Poseidon in Chains or something?

Yo-momma-core. We sample yo-momma jokes on top of distorted laugh-tracks and sitcom music paul-stretched into oblivion. We put ugly milfs on the covers of all releases.

Folk Disco

Some of the Deep Internet albums were actually pretty good desu

Yeah that. If they didn't try to make it a whole new genre it could have lived a longer lifespan as a vaporwave sub-sub-sub-genre. That Sea of Dogs album was pretty enjoyable imo

yeah

Creating right now, give me a couple minutes

digital-gaze: a combination of industrial beats at fast tempos, layers and layers of highly processed synths and thick, distorted basslines, with high-pitched, reverb drenched, robotic female vocals.

please let this exist somewhere

Hip Gaze
Hip hop + shoegaze

does djent count as new? it kinda does. its the biggest new genre.

Hardvapour

antifur.bandcamp.com

vocaroo.com/i/s0xjttUtK3Kl
NEW GENRE INCOMING

there's mallsoft
perhaps it's new to some of you
it's a subset of vaporwave that centers around distorted and slowed mall sounds/music
youtube.com/watch?v=cjWrkI16g8Y

Salem, Dalek

It already sounds dated and stale as fuck though

new circa 2000s.

So internets failed to have any new musical movements or genres post-vaporwave, or Mu's reached the point where no users know of anything unless its already well known?

new stuff is always emerging

I mean maybe someone just doesn't want to share or people don't feel the need to pigeonhole everything into a genre or the people who know about new underground shit aren't browsing the board at the moment
there are plenty of explanations

links to any? first time i'm hearing about this and it sounds kinda interesting.

Get ready for it

I suppose, but still begs the notion of is there anything significantly new in music, verging on genre? Im sure there is, but seems like mu is full of the same sort of threads as of late. Im genuinely curious if anyone on here has anything new, especially movement or genre wise

quizmve.bandcamp.com/album/deep-dive-deep-web
itea.bandcamp.com/album/the-cold-hands-of-sisyphus
quizmve.bandcamp.com/album/raw-internet-music
Also look into the erratas conspiracy/ARG/whatever, it's closely tied with the whole genre.

thanks.

this is just sound collage

Sure
Call it a subgenre if you want

eh, seems able to constitute a sub-genre to me, especially this quizmve.bandcamp.com/album/deep-dive-deep-web

its sound collage, but so are a lot of other genres

"its just strumming a guitar"

man i remember when vaporwave was new and there were threads about it all over the place. i miss those days

Ditto man, thats what I mean though- this place for awhile was at the forefront of all these new genres and you could come here and find music you'd never see.

Whatever was interesting and unusual which was going on in music, or if there were new movements, or people trying to make new movements, you could find it here.

Now while Im browsing its like 6 posts about Grimes, daily K-Pop, Metal general, music memes, indie music, and just a lot of repetitive stuff

Im a bit cynical of the board as of late, but I was honestly hoping people here had some knowledge of anything new.

Im sort of thinking that, like the other boards, it seems this one has become populated by a bunch of teens. Emoe is kind of interesting and may be a genre revival, when it appears on here, but this board seems to be the tier of like reddit/music at the moment. Grimes, people talking about Grimmie today & respect her music, etc