Why is this not Sup Forumscore?

Why is this not Sup Forumscore?

it basically is

it should be EVOL desu

Because its good

It's too good to be a meme

It's on the essential "couple-of-good-tracks-but-mostly-boring-filler-core" chart

>mostly-boring-filler
How can anyone be this pleb

Its overrated as fuck

There is nothing surprising about a tripfag being a pleb

It is it's just so indisputably good we don't argue about it a la Talk Talk or Nick Drake

Kim fucking Gordon

Cause most Sup Forumstants are actually plebs, and this is the best pleb filter ever

this

Wait, people actually find this inaccessible?

I've never got the appeal of this album

Can someone help me out? Its weak for punk and isn't that spoopy and apocalyptic like people make it out to be.

Except for the first track yeah

Because they're plebs

It's not totally suppose to be punk, SY pretty much stopped going for that after Goo. I don't think anyone has ever made it out to be some dark, gloomy soundtrack, I think that's just what people say every time they hear detuned guitars.

That's what it was sold to me as. It being punk's version of a desolate apocalyptic wasteland. Like a gloomier mad max.

Nah if anything the album as a whole is supposed to be cathartic. It does have the aesthetic of urban decay though, which is kinda similar to apocalyptic aesthetics but also different.

Literally a masterpiece on every way.

Even Trilogy Part 3

daydream naysh is before goo dawg

dd naysh is a stone cold library of congress certified classic

Its a banger

This album made me want to play guitar

filtered

It is Sup Forumscore and it's boring anyway. Why isn't Otomo Yoshihide Sup Forumscore?

>boring
how to spot a pleb 101

Same, then I learned just how much Thurston and the gang tinkered to get their gear I quickly found inspiration elsewhere. I'm starting to come back to their stuff now though.

>no melodies
>pretentious screams
>aged terribly

This album was quite the snorefest t b h. The intro chords were honestly imo the best part of the album.

>no melodies
there is such a thing as non-traditional melodies friend
>pretentious screams
what
>aged terribly
what

my bloody valentine and jesus & mary chain were way more interesting

Can you give examples?

it's literally the most overrated album ever made in the history of music.

it has basically the same riff/rhythm/sound over and over and over and over again. If you believe this deserves more than a 7/10 you are a pleb and possibly retarded

I wanted to learn the guitar to do the tinkering, but now I'm nowhere near good enough at guitar to justify spending enough to make tinkering worthwhile (dirt cheap guitars are still like 50 quid and pick ups seem to be p spenny)

They hardly ever use the same tunings for their best songs and a few of the guitars have pickups and other pieces of hardware that are Frankensteined together.
I think Lee had a jazz master with 2 P90's wired together running out of phase (may not be the right terms but they weren't set to cancel the 60 cycle hum like a humbucker) they essentially both put out 2 pickups worth of signal.
If you're a gear head like me and a bit of a tinkerer SY's rigs are definitely something to look into.

bump

Its the only sonic youth album that doesnt belong on that chart

>no melodies
"everyones talkin bout the stormy weather"
"i cant see anything at all, all i see is me"
"im just walkin around, tgis city is a wonder town"
>pretentious screaming
Screaming has little to no place, vocals are usually untrained and bad, but hardly any screaming ever.
>aged terribly
Its actually one of the best aged 80s albums out there, devoid of aged 80s alternative conventions like drum machines, tin-y guitar sound, vocal reverb, or outdated synths.

>it has basically the same riff/rhythm/sound over and over and over and over again

That's definitely not the case of this record

You're probably listen a different album