asio4all.com/

Advancing Guitarist Mick Goodrick:
mediafire.com/download/07izim49ao6ij7m
Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene:
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Other Links:
Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar:
mediafire.com/download/tpr2u4e3bou2lqi

Modern Chord Progressions - Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene:
mediafire.com/download/5lvaa121vz29y83

Jazz Guitar - Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2 - Ted Greene:
mediafire.com/download/2ckhum02748z2pk

Beefheart's 10 Guitar Commandments:
archive.org/post/338826/captain-beefhearts-10-commandments-of-playing-the-guitar

Fender Mod Shop:
shop.fender.com/en-US/mod-shop/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

shop.fender.com/en-US/mod-shop/
youtube.com/watch?v=g2SMr65qpfI
youtube.com/watch?v=3chUk78nMm8
youtu.be/kpXsgiv0Jw0?t=12m21s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

are jumbo frets easier to play?

Is a used Godin Session (pic related) for $250 a good bargain? It's new on amazon for $550

What's the diff between the mod shop and the American design thing they had earlier?

All I know is extra jumbo frets feel like clunky ass

what do you mean by clunky ass?

taller frets are good for bending
Yes, Godin make excellent instruments and im sure that strat type will make a good variety of tones for different styles

More options I think.

Jumbo frets, supposedly, make it easier to bend and do vibrato because there's more surface. Also, if your frets are taller, then there's less distance you have to push your string down, so you can play faster. You don't have to press down harder. At least that's what's meant to happen.

It's all a matter of preference, really. It's impossible to truly answer your question, since it's subjective to each player. My advice is to try them out at a instrument/guitar store near you, even Guitar Center. You just need to find what you like, sorry if this doesn't help.

It's an okay bargain, but then again I sold my inch high action, million-crack bass to some poor soul for retail value, so I say go for it if you can.

It's just rebranding, which long term brings in more money, ask any pharmaceutical company. There are also a few new options that will most likely begin to expand, such as things like different string gauges and possibly more tuner options.

Think imma buy it. It would be absolutely perfect in every way if it was a hardtail. But that's not that big of a deal breaker

Go for it. You can always have the trem blocked off to make it a hardtail.

Anything involving slides or lead playing felt harder to do, they were so big it felt like they were getting in the way. Though I do like regular jumbo frets

helps alot man, thanks
I love nice posters on /gg/

>Fender Mod Shop Edition
>shop.fender.com/en-US/mod-shop/
>No Mustang
>No vintage tuners
>No matching headstock option
>No cuhrayzee finish options

A while ago I saw a MIJ Strat on Reverb. It had a metallic blue finish, gold hardware and a matching headstock. It was one of the nicest Strats I've seen. Anyway, what's the point of this mod shop shit if I can't truly make a one of a kind guitar? It just uses the same options as the standard/elite series.

That's what the Custom Shop is for. This is more or less to supplement the standard lines with some customization, the price reflects it too.

I have a highway one strat with jumbo frets and I have absolutely no idea what purpose they serve. Other than having to stretch a bit further for some chords, I almost never even notice them.

>stretch a bit further for some chords
Scale lenght is responsible for that, not fret size.

Where do I go to find out how to sound like a particular song?

I'm very new to fx pedals and I honestly want a sound like Arctic Monkeys's Crying Lightning and Tame Impalas the less I know the better

Just look up the gear that the guys use.
Strat or Tele on the bridge pickup into a Vox AC amp would get you the Arctic Monkeys sound.

Tame Impala dude has tons of pedals, but the most important ones are probably the reverb and phaser

youtube.com/watch?v=g2SMr65qpfI

What are some basic notions to keep in mind when taking care of your guitar in summer?

It's my first summer since I got my guitar and people keep telling me to be careful not to leave it under the sun, to keep it away from heat, to avoid dilatation, etc. I live in a very hot area, are these real threats to a guitar? I already try to avoid playing when my hands sweat so the fretboard doesn't get damage.

acoustic guitars are more sensitive to temperature and humidity than electric guitars, but both can warp if those things change.

I guess now is a good time to say I actually play the bass guitar

Arctic Monkeys have lots of sounds throughout the years. Would this be more so AM, FWN or Humbug? I'm trying to go for humbug.

I'm very new to this, what does reverb add?

I've seen this, he's pretty spot on but I'm aiming for more of currents.

>I already try to avoid playing when my hands sweat so the fretboard doesn't get damage.

That's not a thing. I've had palmar Hyperhidrosis (my hands never stop sweating) since I was a teen and I haven't damaged any fretboards. Strings and hardware, yes. Won't do any damage to the wood though.

Solidbody guitars seem to be pretty resistant to temperature changes. Sometimes the neck will shift a bit, but that's nothing a truss rod adjustment can't fix. With acoustics/hollowbodies you have a whole bunch of issues with controlling humidity. D'adarrio Humidipaks are good for regulating that.

youtube.com/watch?v=3chUk78nMm8

Rate my guitar

8/10 for the strings out of ten but 10/10 for the gooby

Anything like a Gibson Firebird but not neck-through? Lovely shape but I wouldn't fuck with no neck-through

I've also already seen this and humbug isn't mentioned

G&L makes fender-looking guitars with bolt on necks and P90s

No need to ask. If you have a guitar and its number of strings exceeds 6, all you need to do is subtract that number from 10 and you get an accurate rating.

Ibanez 2348. Or you could always build one yourself.

>tfw my guitar is -2/10

>tfw mine is-32/10

Yep, sweat eats through cheap hardware, I guess it's probably fine on the higher end of the spectrum.

that's not really nice of you user

Discuss.

I usually like burl tops, but it looks really weird on a JM.

can you PLEASE talk about basses too?
thanks

But I'm a nice person :^)

Looks even worse on a Tele.

U G L Y
YOU AIN'T GOT NO ALIBI

I think it's also the colors of it, green brown and yellow all make it seem too much like vomit, I'm going to try shopping some other colors on it for fun.
Also three saddles make me angry.

You sure are Troll-kun, whoever you are.

taller frets also have the advantage of lasting longer, since you can just get them dressed when you start wearing them out

Old guitars with low wide frets like Les Paul Customs often need to be refretted completely because their simply isn't enough to work with

I find Jumbo frets to be easier to hammer on/pull off/tap and stuff, but only have had one guitar with truly jumbos (ibanez rg)

Most of my guitars have Medium Jumbo frets and they seem great. I had one guitar (a mexican 70's reissue strat) that had small frets and had a lot of problems with fretting out on bends and string buzz

never again, medium jumbo master race 4 lyfe

you start

depends on where you live
I'm in New England and theres drastic temp and humidity changes in the summer between day and night, my guitars are constantly fucked up in the summer. One minute they're playing awesome, the next they are fretting out and sounding horrendous.

If you cut the two top strings and change the headstock its ok. But damn thats an aweful guitar

Nice Pro Jr.
I had one, sounded really good, took pedals better than any other amp I've owned and was loud as fuck.

I love these.

Honestly one of the nicest jazzmasters I've ever seen. That tort is delicious.

Thanks. I can't push it past 3 at home and it's killing me. It is freakishly loud.

Is that an amp or a GAMECUBE???

Apparently there are some more conventional ones if you don't like the burl. Pic related, ash top with a dark urushi (some kind of lacquer) finish, sakura (cherry) top, and flamed tochi (chestnut?) top.

Looks dank as fuck tbqh

just got this back in April. absolutely love it but am going to have to sell it soon sad day when i do

I'll buy it for three fiddy

Someone put it up on eBay, unopened for real cheap, and I snatched it. Pretty lucky, I guess.

>2016
>nothing maxed on Big Muff pedal

pshhh

nice setup though, I really like it. Is that a bridge cover on your Jazzmaster? Seems like it'd be hard to palm mute, but it looks classy af

>>maxed on Big Muff
I wish, it would shake the block. That's my overdrive setting though.
And yea, that's a bridge cover and you can palm mute just fine.

Need some advice gg, I need to replace the cheap saddles on my Tele (it's a strat bridge on a tele) and was wondering if the deluxe (bottom) is better than the vintage (top). Thoughts?

I have an electric cello and am trying amps. I want the following on the amp:
>FX loop
>XLR output
>Graphic EQ on the amp (not 100% necessary)

I have tried Orange amps and love their texture, but they don't have the XLR output.

I have tried the Mesa Boogie Mark V, and while it has all the features I want, I feel it's maybe TOO versatile (4 channels that I don't need)

Any amp suggestions?

Nice meme guitar

Vintage ones look nicer but the deluxe ones will probably perform better. Personally I'd go with the vintage one for the aesthetic

I wish I enjoyed playing music as much as I enjoy listening to music.

You probably enjoy playing music, but do not enjoy the frustration and hard work that comes with playing. It feels so good when you play something right. It feels so bad when you play something wrong.

you might notice how the screws in the bottom one are not centered. That's the kind usually found on modern american models. If your guitars saddles look like ones on top, you couldn't switch to the kinds on bottom without fucking your shit up

Also, if I did get the Mesa Mark V, would you recommend the head or the 1x12 cab?

The 1x12 seems pretty useless.

Hey cool, what sort of cello do you have? Would you recommend it?

Are the Indonesian g&ls good?
Like electronics aside cause I would replace those anyway

Bridge draco. Its $2k and made in China. It's about the cheapest usable electric that doesn't suck

Eventually I will get a Jacob, which are made in California, but those are $7k and custom made. I want to make sure all the effects and live gigging works with the Bridge before upgrading

Well, I'm giving up after 12 years of playing. Almost none of the music I listen to even involves a guitar anymore, and even when it does, I have no desire to be able to play what I hear.

I asked myself: would I rather listen to myself improvise over some random backing track in the minor pentatonic or major scale every hour of the day or listen to a piece of classical music (or something that isn't blues/classic/british/whatever rock) performed by artists who have spent years mastering their instrument?

I'm selling my Gibson Les Paul and Vox amplifier and investing the money into a decent headphone setup.

Really wish I would have learned the piano instead. I blame Jimi Hendrix desu.

They're called jordan****

>Also, if I did get the Mesa Mark V, would you recommend the head or the 1x12 cab?
>The 1x12 seems pretty useless.
If you mic it then it isn't, most people use smaller cabs nowadays anyways.

But the head will give you more flexibility to pair it using any cab you want.

learn classical pieces with your guitar

couldn't you just grab a direct box for the XLR out?

Mark Vs are really good though, older Marks are better in their own way but the V is more versatile.

Another Mesa with XLR Output, FX loop and Graphic EQ is the JP-2C. Seems to be the best modern Mark amp in terms of tone.

Idk, maybe it's too much for cello but I have a Mesa Boogie TA and I love it, there really solid amps for just about anything

Whew that's pretty pricey, all considered.

I'd recommend that too, even if you only have an electric, it'll sound good.

The JP-2C looks insane, I wish more companies would put multiband EQs on amps.

When you compare solidbody guitars to classical instruments, you realise their prices are fucking ridiculous, for 500$, you get a reliable instrument that isn't made in china, requires only a little more polishing, and is ready to gig, whereas this wouldn't even cover the cost of a student model for another instrument.

Yeah i know what you mean, thats why even though i "play" electric guitar it just doesnt feel like an instrument to me. Im pretty sure solid bodies only coat ao much because of the brand name. Seriously if the "best" e.guitar was 500 everyone would overlook it as crap.

And also i can barely tell a difference in all th strat clones, once you get to a squier strat its basically the same as the more expensive ones.

Depth. Usually artists add reverb after recording or by putting a mic across the studio, a reverb pedal makes the sound more room like (a lot of it will push your sound into a special FX range though) Usually, when gigging, however, unless you want a specific sound, like with surf or something or if you want that weird special effects sound, you'd leave reverb off. A little reverb will usually sound good, keep it toned down.

how do i write a song about a girl without making it cliche?

Where can I see someone play this?

All music is cliché, is it for her? Then use her name.

>prices are ridiculous

yep. I played Viola in orchestra through junior high and most of high school. I was pretty good and my parents got me a student model. I also played guitar. I found out that the Viola they got me was like 1800 dollars and was quietly mad because at the time I would have rather had a top of the line electric guitar and loud amp and maybe a Playstation than a boring, gay viola

white people, not even once

Pat Metheny plays it frequently. Here:
youtu.be/kpXsgiv0Jw0?t=12m21s

the fuck does that mean, you ran out of drug money?

Ayy, at least you weren't a tuba player.

Follow up. What is the actual name? There's a Picasso art piece based off of a guitar but, it's entirely unplayable.

Thoughts? Never seen this in /gg/

It's meh. Yes and no? I used to love them. It was easier to fret shit. But press wayfuckinghard and you change the note. Now 10 years after i got my first guitar with jimbo frets, the extra bigness seems clunky.

It's called a 42-string Pikasso guitar. Yes, with a 'k'.

Its just a strat ffs

The volume stops increasing at about 45% up, after that it just gets more overdriven. I think they sound more like a 18watt Marshall than typical Fender sounds, it was probably as loud as my DRRI.

yeah but
but split coils
? ? ?

Fuck me why are all the pedals I like ridiculously expensive.

>palmar Hyperhidrosis
Sucks. I'm an auto tech, i can't wear rubber gloves like most of my coworkers because they get all sweaty and my hands get gross and pruned. Funny thing is, my fucking hands always feel dry to me and they peel a lot if i don't rinse soap off quickly.

Exactly. The output volume goes from 0 to 100 between 1 and 5 on the knob, where 3 is pretty much beyond apartment level. I've played a lot on silverface DR and blackface Princeton, this doesn't sound like any of them, or any typical Fender clean for that matter.

How come sometimes when I play my fingers feel really tense on my fret hand? Sort of like theyre tighter, like my necks too big or something. I can still usually play normally but sometimes I gets uncomfortable and I mess up