PITCHFORK SIMPSONS WAVE

pitchfork.com/thepitch/1188-what-the-hell-is-simpsonwave/

Pitchfork: How did you even start making these videos in the first place?

Lucien Hughes: I actually got into make these Simpsons-based videos when I was off university sick a few months ago. I was wasting a lot of time on the internet whilst recuperating, mostly on the Simpsons Shitposting Facebook group. It’s basically a meme-oriented group with a lot of in-jokes and mediocre content. I’m an admin there and we try to keep the humor relatively abstract and obscure rather than needlessly edgy, Sup Forums-style shitposting.

Normies infesting Sup Forums literally killed the board

These are the people posting DAT boi, doge, Kanye West, Drake, DJ Khaled, Tyler the Creator, Beyonce, Lonely Island, etc. threads and their completely non-subtle garbage irony memes

I think Fantano's growing popularity as a person rather than as a music reviewer (I have friends who only watch thatistheplan, no joke) is also causing this.

fuck off king coffee I know it's you

He sounds so fucking autistic I bet he's a tripfag

It's actually Antz

You act like it bad that normal people come here.

I'd rather hang out with them than and bunch of basement dwelling faggots circle jerking over swans and noise music.

>it really struck a chord with me

then what are you doing here

Soon we'll be asking you that question

because anyone can post here, dicklet
this isn't le secret club anymore
we dem boys

>this is a 10/10 in britbongland

I'm killing time while I wait for my friends to get here with the uber, what about you mate?

Who the fuck posts about the Lonely Island here? What is this 2009?

>needlessly edgy, Sup Forums-style shitposting.
>said the ironic internet memer who's probably never browsed this website for more than 10 minutes

I hate how misrepresented this website is. Yea, there's a lot of shit, but after long enough you learn which threads/boards to avoid and which ones are quality (which is true of pretty much every internet discussion website).

People like this guy get turned off of Sup Forums and needlessly shit-talk it because they believe every board is Sup Forums. On the other hand, teenagers get attracted to this website for the very same reason and shit it up all over the place (see: reddit's Sup Forums subreddit).

I don't want to sound like a jaded "muh sekrit clubber" but it's clear that Sup Forums is getting worse everyday, and shit like this is the reason why. And there's no way to stop it.

trying to get to the bottom of things on Sup Forums while my girlfriend waits for me to come to bed cause it's late

Everything's getting worse everyday

>still pretending this board hasn't normie for years

sure thing

kek

but if you don't enjoy the company of a place why stay
>this forum sucks i cant wait for the demographic to shift in my favor

i've posted here for years and i like it just fine. the memes are good and sometimes you find a decent rec on here.
i am also a ''normie'' with a social life. it's not mutually exclusive. swans do suck ass tho

>the memes are good
>

being a basement dweller or a normie are mutually exclusive
what's wrong with swans

Sup Forums and Sup Forums aren't necessarily for basement dwellers. i'm not the guy who originally said that.

i don't like their music. too melodramatic and a lot of artsy wank. a few good songs here and there. def my least favorite Sup Forumscore band. probably don't get it because i haven't really been majorly depressed in my lifetime.

Not him but playing one note for five minutes straight is boring as fuck

>listens to TBK once

Yes, it is bad.

Normies have the WORST fucking sense of humor. They are not interesting, they have no depth and add nothing of value to internet communities.

To be fair le epic frog images and anime pictures aren't funny at all either and those are posted all the time.

2d4u

nah man
pepes are also normie as fuck now btw. a girl i been fucking with posts nothing but pepe memes on her tumblr and you guys still stick with those and then have the audacity to complain about normie humor/memes.

That always happens to Sup Forums memes
For some reason people can never just keep them here

Have you considered that it's the normies posting the normie memes
Pepe is post-normie memetics in motion anyway though