/p4k/ - Nightly Pitchfork Countdown Hypetrain Thread

Fellow Pitchfork patricians, it is once again the time for our nightly countdown for Pitchfork's new reviews to be updated on the site at 1am eastern time.

10.0?
0.0?
Best New Music?
Best New Reissue?
8.0+ with no BNM?
A shitty set of 7's and below?
Weird Al’s eternal BNM incoming hypetrain!
Noctourniquetcourtsney Barnett Review?
Titus Andronicus being robbed once again?
Dead Sara finally getting an 8.3 BNM?
Ian FUCKIN' Cohen?
Ryan "THE TASTEMAKER" Dombal?
Lindsay "qt feminist" Zoladz? [retired patrician, memory lives on forever]
Jayson "8.7" Greene?
Larry "retired BNM godfather" Fitzmaurice?
Craig "Meme Rap" Jenkins? [taking the Big Apple’s publications by storm]
Brandon “Meme Metal” Stosuy? [retired, metal albums still won't get BNM, everyone still won't care]
qt Kim "retired Meal Goddess now at Noisey" Kelly?
Grayson "Grizzly" Currin?
Brian "Backup" Howe?
Mark "the elder statesman" Richardson?
Evan "IS GARAGE ROCK DEAD" Minsker?
Meaghan “retired trap queen" Garvey?
Andy "secretly alpha" Beta?
Zoe "¡DALE!" Camp? [retired, will probably still get asked to show feet]
Philip "Electronic Wizard” Sherburne?
Stephen "M." Deusner?
Laura "Sun Kil Buffoon" Snapes?

Will someone dethrone Radiohead/Chance the Rapper’s 9.1 for AOTY?

OFFICIAL and accurate 2016 BNM Tally: 25

The most wonderful time of the night, every night, right now. Here it is, the nightly P4K thread. Time to get comfy.

>P4K Collection Rar (Over 300 deleted reviews, pics of every staff member, now slightly updated)
mega.nz/#!l1ZlRbqb!WYbGuia29w1_fpg05XS3F9Rtb8aFfj8WzZg8Z3mbwRQ

>Tonight's Top Stories
-This thread stands with Kesha eternally
-Possible Chance and DCfC collab?
-BNR for Weird Al box set?
-This thread hypes and supports DIIV, Bat for Lashes, Local Natives, DJ Shadow, and Swans.
-/p4k/ forever

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/thepitch/1186-the-uk-leaving-the-eu-would-change-the-european-music-industry/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Fellow Pitchfork patricians
>patricians

newfag

Mitski 8.7 BNM

Dead Sara - Pleasure To Meet You 8.3 BNM

What killed Pitchfork culture on Sup Forums!? These threads are dead even on BNM nights

Hello newfriend, how does it feel that these kind of threads are always dead compared to years ago?

site redesign.

Hey buddy, just wanted to let you know that unlike the more "disagreeable" boards like Sup Forums, Sup Forums, and Sup Forums, we here at Sup Forums try to keep the discourse positive and avoid stooping to lowbrow insults and name calling, we're not children after all. Put a smile on your face and try being nice, small steps like this will make Sup Forums a better place.

Cheers!
Your friendly neighborhood Sup Forumstant

I'm sort of ambivalent about that because I love these threads but at the same time I'm so glad that Sup Forums doesn't take their word as gospel anymore.

newfag

Hey buddy, just wanted to let you know that unlike the more "disagreeable" boards like Sup Forums, Sup Forums, and Sup Forums, we here at Sup Forums try to keep the discourse positive and avoid stooping to lowbrow insults and name calling, we're not children after all. Put a smile on your face and try being nice, small steps like this will make Sup Forums a better place.

Cheers!
Your friendly neighborhood Sup Forumstant

Pitchfork selling out
You could see the changes happening long before Conde Nast bought them

can we all agree that Seth Colter Walls is a patrician husbando?

Also it's a slow time of year. No major albums have dropped or are being dropped. Nothing to hype over ... hoping we get some new ariel pink soon

You mean another p8n p8n?

"Saint Pablo" BNT

The album in the last spot will get a 6.8.

Seriously, come back after the reviews are posted and the fifth one will have a 6.8.

I was JUST going to ask where this meme went

i'm just waiting to see what they give the glowing man lol

i hope the review is... glowing :)

underrated posty

philip sherburne is still my #1

got a new work sched, it fucks up w my memeing unfortunately

I swear, the reviews get shittier and shittier but The Pitch can have some great stuff. Mark Kozelek's fav journo wrote a really good article about Brexit

pitchfork.com/thepitch/1186-the-uk-leaving-the-eu-would-change-the-european-music-industry/

the score for the album in the 3rd spot will be the last 2 digits

that's ok, it makes it more special

unfortunately the pitch just published an article on Simpsonswave today. it was insanely embarrassing

welp lol

That article is still really good tho. Surprised I haven't seen more UK musicians bring up those anxieties desu...

brutal

Will Swans be tonight or tomorrow?

no u

I've been here for years, its always this slow between major releases, lol

2 day until the glowing man...

my expected score

9.1-9.4 at the highest

8.8 at the VERY lowest

Which of these are going to get a BNM?
DJ Shadow
Swans
Bat for Lashes
Blood Orange
The Avalanches
The Julie Ruin

This thread stands with Michael Gira, Freddie Gibbs, Afrika Bambaataa, Heathcliff Berru, Leslie Rasmussen & Dr. Luke -- and rejects the rape culture hysteria of Meagan Garvey, Amber Coffman, Larkin Grimm and Ke$ha.

I hope they all get PANNED!

DJ shadow and julie ruin are going to fail

blood orange and bat for lashes are 50/50

and avalanches and swans will immediately get BNM

This thread stands with Holger Meins, Yasser Arafat, Carlos Fonseca, Moriaki Wakabayashi, Pol Pot, Abimael Guzmán, Timochenko and ANOHNI.

7.8 - 8.0 no bnm

8.7 - 9.0

8.0 - 8.5

8.5 - 9.0 (they suck dev hyndes dick so fucking hard and he sucks)

really unsure of how avalanches will score

7.6 - 8.2 no bnm

pretty accurate.. though dunno about devs score...

the 2 "OMG FORGIVE US BLACK PEOPLE" songs aren't on the album

its nothing to do with black people, its just they worship dev at any moment they can

the last blood orange album was absolute fucking unoriginal garbage and they promoted that to no end, and still talk about him like he is a fucking saint to music

ALSO he is part of the mulit part ad campaign videos with GUCCI

they worship for the same reason they worshipped ANOHNI..

PROGRESSIVE

did you READ their review, the first paragraph was about trans people.. not the album

they write terrible reviews for anyone that isnt a straight white dude, the will toledo shoehorn of his 1/8th mexicanery was enough to tell you that

anohni deserved the praise because its fucking stellar musically and as always vocally from antony. they fucking focus on the trans part because its a hot button, they write reviews like its writing current events, and have done this for many people

their mitski review is gonna be a 4 paragraph essay on how mitski wasnt born in the usa and adjusted to life here when only like 1 song on the album has a reference to that

predicted score for mitski is an 8.7

despite happy being utter shit

/p4k/ whats ur aotysf?

Either Blackstar or Love Streams

puberty 2 was a great album, the 8.7 is deserved if its not given that high of a score they low-balled it ebcause its the first bnm of a new artist theyll probably darling and set up on the following p4k fest lineup, and get in on a over-under

if the 8.7 doesnt arrive for puberty 2, it will likely come on the follow up, since mitski has the chops to get far, and might get there

The Glowing Man, Sleep Cycle or Moenai Hai

>implying this is even remotely negative

>they write terrible reviews for anyone that isnt a straight white dude
that isn't from lack of trying, though, they regularly give high praise to artists of color.

>anohni deserved the praise because its fucking stellar musically and as always vocally from antony. they fucking focus on the trans part because its a hot button, they write reviews like its writing current events, and have done this for many people
hit the nail on the fucking head with this, it's almost similar to the bigotry of low expectations, wherein they treat these people less as normal human beings and more as objects. when they're giving high art praise and lengthy reviews to shitty trap rap artists like kevin gates, for example, you know they've stopped thinking critically and are just slapping a high score onto bullshit releases, when they should give praise when praise is deserved, like that new denzel curry mixtape which I'm certain they never even reviewed.

well its not my fault i didn't listen to the leak
>20 bucks they go on Sup Forums

Twelve minutes until "it's fucking nothing"

every song sounded almost identical to me. It's a solid template, but it wears out it's welcome

MM3 by Meta Meta probably, fucking dope album

yr not gonna find any traction on this thread (or board) with that. you get banned here for saying the n-word. you think these p4k drones are gonna care that white indie is on its dethbead.

>white indie is on its dethbead
you're right, I don't give a shit

Really?
A site that used to cater almost entirely to indie rock is now giving more attention to P.o.C.?

the leak was in 320, should get on it, its a great album, its fairly breif too, which i always personally feel is a great thing, and that albums between 35-45 minutes have that sweet spot in run time

i truly am upset they didnt focus on the enviromental politics of hopelessness, because thats what antony is all about rn, that is why they made the album

antony has always been trans and because they have a platform suddenly, theyre opportunistic enough to take a stand on it

there isnt as much of a p4k bogeyman as you want to believe, kevin gates is a label pr paid bnm, theyve always slapped bullshit highscores on bullshit albums (see cults)

the world isnt just indie bands anymore and so now that theyre broadening their material (which they would do anyway since theyre getting teen vogue money now) it scares the ingrained skepticism and fear of non whites on Sup Forums

they dont pick and choose bnms because politics, or race, like you said, they ignored denszel curry, they mostly do it based on who they want to care about, o who pays them to care.

see their 8.0 no bnm list for the official "great enough for bnm, but not something we want to promote just yet" category

props to a good post

UU, or Japanese Breakfast

The only good meme on this thread

good, white indie has sucked for the past 4 years

theres still the rise of new power indie coming rn, and the bands in it are p white, also real good

drones. and you're not even ashamed of it.

NIGHTLY RUNDOWN
Waxahatchee 7.2 by Kevin Lozano
Dan Lissvik 6.9 by Andy Beta
Mozzy 6.8 by David Drake
Diarrhea Planet 6.4 by Benjamin Scheim

speaking of the death of white indie, it's fucking nothing

ANOTHER DAY OF NOTHING

aren't you just a drone to white music

>A shitty set of 7's and below?
yeah today sucked

At least we can a decent thread today
Hope to see you guys tomorrow

no u

I mean it's not officially out until the 17th so it could be a little bit longer than that.