Why do people find it so hard to like Death Grips?

Believe it or not, I liked Death Grips on my first listen. The instrumentation is what really got me into them because I thought it sounded so cool and different. But reading through Rides lyrics drew them further in my heart. I don't understand what turns people off about them so much. Can someone explain why it turns so many people off?

Cringe

They're plebs

That's literally the only reason

Also Ride screams too much for them

Congratulations!
It's because they sound so harsh, aggressive and are so different to "normal" music/hip hop.

Which death grips album is the best? I need to get into more of their music

Start with either The Money Store or Botomless pit if you want to dive right in to their most accessible stuff

My personal favorite is TPTB

The shouting and abrasiveness.
This shouldn't be hard man

Because it's angsty as fuck.

We've been over this already. Death Grips is Pop.

listen to them all chronologically, but I'll share that the only album of theirs I find myself constantly going back to (and I've been a far for years) is Government Plates

why GP? for me is NLDW and I dont even know why I like this so much

That's their worst album though excluding Fashion Week

They're mainstream as fuck for an "abrasive" sounding band.

common people usually don't like anything that they can't dance to.

the fans are some of the worst people I have ever met

>objective DG album rankings

government plates if u want an accessible album

Didn't like them at all at first, kept relistening because of how many people liked them and one day they clicked with me.

Exmilitary is one of my favorite albums now

Same here, although Exmilitary isn't one of my favorite albums

reading the lyrics along did the same for me mang
uhhhhhm bait?

TMS is a great start, try reading along the lyrics it really adds a new layer

seems to be how it works.. although i dont know what kept drawing me back.. perhaps the catchy hooks all over TMS

Kill yourself

For me, what drawed me back was being a pretty casual music listener who wanted to listen to more than just mainstream stuff. Knowing this band had a cult following on the internet, I kind of kept listening until I liked em

they dont sound similar enough to anything for opinionless people dont know what to think

>Why do people find it so hard to like bad music?
Gee user, I don't know.

well you're in far too deep to back out now
i fail to understand how people dont believe that there are those who enjoy and appreciate the music itself and dont listen just to be edgy or to uphold an image

>hey guys i liked death grips on my first try! can i be part of the patrician club now?

oy vey

This and
this.

I tried, tripfag. I tried hard to like this shit. Started with TMS. Absolute garbage. Ride sounds like a parody singer, trying to make fun of Dalek. The production was great, but it wasn't better than some albums solely focused on production (See: OPN, J Dilla, DJ Shadow, Avalanches, BoC, Autechre...). So, the rapping was god-awful (tries waaay too fucking hard to sound edgy), and the production isn't good enough to keep the album afloat.

Then I moved on with Exmilitary, to see if the album was just not my thing. Exmilitary literally sounds like a joke. It got the worst of TMS and elevated it to a fucking dimension of cringe and angst. Couldn't stand it.

THEN, I moved on with BP (mainly because I loved the album cover so much). It was much better than the other shit, but it still felt mediocre and I don't feel like listening to it again.

I listened to TMS 4 times already, nothing. BP twice, nothing. I really, really, reeeeally have no idea how anyone with a half-decent taste (such as critics, ie, Melon, and Musicians, ie, Bjork) can unironically like this.

And before you jump with the good ol' DG-fan defense mechanism, I couldn't care less about the "intensity" and "abrasiveness" of their work. I listen to intense shit (Putrefaction in Progress is one of my fav albums. Throbbing Gristle, early Swans, that kinda stuff) that's much, much more powerful and abrasive than their work.

I really have no idea how could anyone like it.

catchy hooks and a unique sound. that and i can't resist a good gimmick

not your thing, thats okay.. i disagree with every point you made against them but to me thats the fun of this whole music shit.. difference of opinion, like us preferring various types of food

>The production was great, but it wasn't better than some albums solely focused on production (See: OPN, J Dilla, DJ Shadow, Avalanches, BoC, Autechre...).
Holy shit are you a pretensions cunt. Nothing has to be "better" than something to be worth listening to. What the fuck is wrong with you? How far is your cock up your own ass?
You can't seem to understand hooks, and again
>I listen to intense shit
Seem to be HEAVILY up your own ass. You seem to be that REALLY, REALLY rare kind of taste around here where you only seem to like something that is "next level X" or "the hardest X ever". How the fuck do you live your life? Only being able to fuck the BEST looking woman in your area? Only being able to shit on the BEST toilet? Only being able to take the HARDEST drugs? Only being able to suck the BIGGEST cock?

You don't even take the cop-out of saying "it's not for me" and moving on, you intentionally go out of you way to call stuff garbage, when you KNOW you are in the Lion's Den.
You're also probably going to try to go line by line to respond to my post aren't you?

>Holy shit are you a pretensions cunt. Nothing has to be "better" than something to be worth listening to. What the fuck is wrong with you? How far is your cock up your own ass?
not sure you understand - i only listen to the OBJECTIVELY BEST music

OBJECTIVELY CORRECT LISTENING ORDER:

THE MONEY STORE -> GOVERNMENT PLATES -> NO LOVE DEEP WEB -> EXMILITARY -> BOTTOMLESS PIT -> FASHION WEEK -> NIGGAS ON THE MOON -> JENNY DEATH