Whats your favorite folk music albuM?

whats your favorite folk music albuM?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VR0vMY_ibls
youtube.com/watch?v=4bUoQ4TDpA0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Derp.

nick drake is god tier

ayy thanks. I have all of his records and I play them more than any others I own.

Does folk rock count? If so, here's my submission.

>folk
rip music

holy shit Sup Forums

this looks like one of those bands that is also a commune.

holy shit this is great.

pinnacle of folk

>this looks like one of those bands that is also a commune
the cult nutters release the best stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=VR0vMY_ibls

this is one of my actual favorite albums. thank you for reminding me of its existence.

it's pretty special isn't it, all these new folk acts to me sound so anaemic and prefabricated compared to the weirdo 60's & 70's stuff

keep posting i need reccs

>people still listen to bon iver in 2016?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

??????????????????????????????????????????
?????????????????????
?????????????????????

who are these mystical people? do they think its cool? do they think its still cool? what kind of social setting are they in where theyre this late but somehow avoided the fact that this is ultimately a trendy fad that has long since passed

??????????????????????????????????????????

Novo Amor sounds EXACTLY like Bon Iver.

White man + accostic geetah != folk

fucking imbeciles

>le evil white male xD meme. gosh arent i so perceptive guise//?

"no"

I never said that.

As a fan of folk and folk influenced music, these threads are always really painful.

On one hand, I think that there are a lot of really great contemporary artists that get entirely discounted by the folk purists since they don't fit into certain constraints which haven't even been widely followed for 50 years (arguably even 70). Just stop being an ass, and recognize that definitions can change, there's still value to be found in the modern interpretation of the genre.

But at the time, starting a folk thread with fucking Bon Iver reeks of someone who has absolutely no significant knowledge of the genre, or is one of those purists who is unnecessarily trying to start shit. And then the next few posts are just people posting the same go to "folk" albums that always. Albums that I actually do like and think have value, but the constant droning just gets boring and ends up just reinforcing the obnoxious purists like .

It seems that we just can't have nice things.

oh and just to contribute to the thread, everyone go listen to pic related. great album.

Start the thread entitled /contemporary folk/ or /folk-rock/ then because some white man playing pop/rock songs on his acoustic is NOT folk music.

yep.

*But at the same time
*albums that always get posted

frustration always makes me forget how to write.

>someone that throws around a bert jansch album unironically calls himself a folk fan
>writes a blog post because he thinks he knows more about folk than a bon iver fan

you literally just found this on RYM, liked the album cover, and the < 1000 rating made you think it was obscure and unheard of, and thus gives you credibility

[spoiler]L O L[/spoiler]

Does this count?

youtube.com/watch?v=4bUoQ4TDpA0

It's not traditional folk music. I think its fine to have "folk" refer to both styles. Stop being an aspie losing their mind over dumb semantics. If you wanna discuss traditional folk specifically then there are threads for that. I just don't see the point in coming in here just to say the same tired criticism every asshole feels the need to express.

Nah I literally didn't. Stop projecting. I recognize that Bert Jansch is not at all obscure, but he was one of the first few artists that I began to listen to that bridged the gap from the basic go to material. I posted it because maybe it could do the same for someone else.

>itt: autists sperg about albums that aren't *traditional*

please stop with this damage control. in a few months youll look back on this day and cringe at the the thought of you thinking you knew shit about folk back then

the one and only

I'm sure I will. I cringe when I think about how I thought I knew about it just a couple years ago. It's a huge genre, and I find new material every day.

That doesn't make anything I said about the shitty way it gets discussed on this site any less accurate.

Love thanksgiving, I have no idea why he isn't as widely known or revered as Phil is.

I really liked that one. I also really like The Tallest Man On Earth(maybe not the newest album as much as the previous ones).

he was kinda big when he released most of his stuff but the big band ska album crashed his career i think

Benji.