The Getaway

It leaked so lets discuss it
wetransfer.com/downloads/a9fcf7c3705a3244aeb8b100ba83d72120160615015748/683360

Other urls found in this thread:

qsrock.com/thegetaway-rhcp/
youtu.be/9sfJPIbFuxw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Really, cause my sound doesn't work, I don't buy it otherwise

It's a manufactured crowd pleaser. Normiecore piece of shit.

Nah from what I've heard it's got some solid tunes. Honestly what's your problem with them simply trying to "please the crowd", when they're in it to make music that they genuinely enjoy? I love all 3 songs from the record so far...

I like it a lot dude

I like the first three songs, which is all I've heard, so far. It's pretty unique for them, I'd say

i like it so far.

Maybe I'll check it out. I really only liked that band because of fruciante and assumed that the new guy wasn't as good so I haven't listened to any of their post fruciante stuff.

Same its really good IMO

Most have done that, and assume that Klinghoffer (the "new guy, even though he's really been with the band touring since Californication) is an amazing addition to the band, and I honestly think he was much needed. Frusciante is unique and amazing and all, but his songwriting was becoming too big for the band if you ask me. He was focusing too much on power chords and similar chord progressions whilst not really making meaningfully written songs with the peppers... but I still like all his songs with the red hots nonetheless

they have definitely lost their hard edge for a smoother funk vibe, chillable music. i enjoy it alot.

I mean they're not as rough as they used to be, imo for the better of themselves and their music, but still I mean sometimes they can get really rowdy on stage in a really fist-pumping kind of way

yeah i definitely didn't mean that in a negative light. i love the Frusciante years but this is a nice evolution, a gracefully aging band for sure.

You bet, one of the best bands to date, and they're still going at it with a passion

Yes!! Josh is a total dosequis lord snootingtuhnn!!!

Goodbye Angels is 8/10 at least

I really wish I could listen to it, but my computer's sound is so weird and it almost never works. Is it an actual leak or is it a fake?

Its an actual leak, its all over the internet

I'll check it out if I can download it on my phone... thanks for telling me. I have looked it up and found nothing though on actual news of the leak. And besides, I think it'll be more gratifying if I myself just wait until the official release date and listen then.

qsrock.com/thegetaway-rhcp/ Here is an online link, the page is in spanish tho... but is understandable

Thats nice man, always support the artist if u like it

solid 7/10 for me personally. im impressed with this output.

I gotta say I was not expecting for this to be so great on first listen. Where the fuck was this quality of music in their last album?

In my opinion, they didnt trust enogh on Josh, not that he's THAT amazing, Im With You just had more riffs from flea than him... but here we see that he's doing a more solid work

I've only listened to it 4 times, but I think this is their best album since By The Way. Stadium Arcadium might have higher highs, but The Getaway is solid from front to back.

Also I'm With You is fucking sheeeeet so everyone had their expectations in the floor by now

Only band that has consistently pumped out mediocre to shit albums since the 90s.

And datsa solid titaniumpremium from me as well, chazel.

The music video is already up wtf youtu.be/9sfJPIbFuxw

>chromatic aberration
No thanks

So you haven't heard it.

It's great, but i'm really starting to have it with anthony always having to be 'so seperate' from the rest of the band, le voiceover social comments man. It's just cuz' i'm older now.

I agree with a lot of this. Frusciante is amazing of course. But while a lot of people seem to credit him with making the band great it's ironic because he's also the main reason they became a mainstream Pop Rock band as well.

I'm only halfway through this new album but I can already tell it's their most experimental aside from By The Way perhaps and Josh is really coming into his own.

BTW Josh has only been touring with them since the Stadium Arcadium tour I believe. But he had been friends with John and in the RHCP circle for quite some time.

Damn this is really good. Much better than I'm With You which was really hit and miss. I think ditching Rubin for Danger Mouse was the best thing they could have done.

What makes you say that? Is that your misconception of the type of band they are? Or do you actually think that's what these songs sound like?

They've never been a band who was worried about appealing to the mainstream... even though for a time they did it pretty easily. But this album is probably the furthest from their classic mainstream sound they've been in a long time.

Josh does his job. John never liked fame, no matter which angle. Josh younger, cares less. Kobe and The redhot carpenterspepper.

This is the stupidest comment I've read in a while. And not in how it pertains to RHCP. But just that there are tons of bands who have been mediocre to shit since the 90s.

Hahahahahaha, total 'goestoeleven'.

i think its the mixing or w/e more than anything
also he had some bad vocal melodies this time, theyre usually at least passable, though there were some good ones too.

No... Definitely is the mixing. Why the hell must he just be lathered on top like an mc doing mcluhansamples? I don't mind corny, showtune, so... But i know what you mean.. 'bad vocal melodies'. Yes.

I really want to like this album but Anthony is so awful on it. Some of the worst lyrics and melodies he's ever recorded. I understand they wrote a huge amount of songs in preparation for this album and it's hard to come up with vocals for all of them, but the finished product is just so bland

Anyone else have another link? The one above is not working.

Have they gone back to funk yet?

Haven't bothered to check the leak yet but this album was produced by Danger Mouse, and the singles sound exactly like what you'd expect RHCP songs produced by Danger Mouse to sound like.