/vinyl/
Recent purchases, Dumb Questions, Ego strokes, the lot! Go ahead boys

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/user/Krfstk/collection
youtube.com/watch?v=SJ5nQXnd_LE&feature=player_embedded
discogs.com/user/Kelmourne/collection
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Op here,
Here's my recent spree. The one cut off at the top there is Ben Howard's "I Forget Where We Were"

Got the Long Season reissue in mail yesterday.

Dude you need to check out Pitchfork Quarterly. It's like a long form version of the site and comes with a jamming 7 inch for ya each issue. Well worth it.

My recent purchases

My collection:

discogs.com/user/Krfstk/collection

Just got Strange Days by the Doors and Quarters by King Gizzard :^)

Can it be fixed?

No way Jose

(no way mohammed!)

best 45s to play in 33 rpm?

at least you can still play the last half of the song. also how does this happen?

I buy CD's. Don't kill me

I'm having awful problems with inner groove distortion. I've tried to check cartridge's alignment around 100 times and I even ended up buying a better one (Ortofon OM10 -> 2M Red) with the same result.

Any idea what I should check next? I'm on the verge of taking my record player to the store I bought it from and get it checked.

That Birthday Party one makes me cealous

Where can I get a good cheap cabnet to put my records in? (In UK)

Pic related what I bought the other day.

(1)

(2)

I preordered the Glowing Man a couple days ago in vinyl, should be coming around the 24th

record player with closable clear plastic top sits in the sun, acts like a greenhouse, heats up the vinyl and warps it. my friend left my jimi hendrix blues record in his audio technica turntable, which is close to a window, for a day and it warped like this. almost fought him

anyone hyped for these reissues?

youtube.com/watch?v=SJ5nQXnd_LE&feature=player_embedded

>Third World

I wonder if they'll skimp on the quality control and use United Record again.

There was a meme a few years back of someones vinyl cops and they were all Sup Forums albums like Neutral Milk Hotel, MPP, In rainbows, etc. Anyone have the picture

I was excited untill I saw the 51$ shipping costs to the Netherlands...

Recent fav pickups

Reissues are for chumps

i don't think so

especially considering they can often be better quality that some issues of the original :/

Probably the first person I've came across who likes Disclosure

i don't know why i got so triggered by the price of the Ape of Naples reissue when the Deathconciousness one costs the same and I was a-ok with that

it's listed as "Out of Print" on CDJapan now. i cri evertim

It took me like two years to figure out what he was trying to do with the music, and when it clicked it was one of those "woah" moments. It's much better than most people give him credit for.

Anyone else have Deathconsciousnes on pre order as well?

Latest snags

What's gud

IKEA: KALLAX

what is a good preamp to amp setup for my Pro-ject Essential II

Dwarves

How happy I am to see them again

Just recently got a Tago Mago re-issue

discogs.com/user/Kelmourne/collection

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Recently ordered the 12in single of This Charming Man with the London/Manchester versions and Wonderful Woman on the b-side.

Very stoked.

Anybody know what I should do (purchase) to start getting into vinyl?

do you have the same problem with every record?

An Audio Technica turntable and some records. Never buy a Crosley. That's a good place to start.

Can I have a closer peak at the guitar my man? Nice froosh btw

Technics turntables from garage sales

Why would you recommend an AT table?
You can get a better used table for way cheaper.

In about three years, the market is going to be flooded with used Crosleys and ATs when "vinyls" aren't "the cool thing that kids do" anymore.

Exactly what I was looking for!

They're easy to find, most stores that sell records sell them. If you can find a better turntable cheaper, thats great. I recommend the AT over most other entry-level turntables because it's fully automatic, meaning you press a button and it lefts the needle onto the record for you. So if you have an unsteady hand It'll help prevent scratching and damage to the needle. It has a dust cover that completely covers the record while it plays to help keep it from getting dirty. I live in the desert, so dust is a big issue here.

I have a question. Just found this signature on my first pressing of Younger Than Yesterday. Is this a signature by one of the Byrds?

Got them all signed by John Baizley

Might as well post some prog

What turntable from AT? I'm sure you meant in general but maybe a price range for me would help. I'm not super rich, but I don't want something cheap. I also don't have that many records, so I most likely won't have much to play at first. If the turntable requires learning, I'm perfectly fine with that.

>If the turntable requires learning, I'm perfectly fine with that.

do you realize how retarded you sound?

Ok so I'm a teenager in the 21st century who knows nothing about vinyl, how does that make me retarded?

Yo nice fuckin Gong
What pressing of 666 is that?
I have the '74 Greece pressing with extended tracks VERY underrated copy.

Dude. Go to reddit's vinyl board. Forget the anons that like to pretend that we have a "rivalry" with them. There's a really good guide there for beginners. You're going to need an amp/receiver, speakers... and I would recommend looking for a used table rather than a new AT.

Thanks for the help...I appreciate it.

It only makes you an underage b&

thanks m8 the gong is a UK original and the 666 is a 1972 US Vertigo pressing

Learn everything you possibly can about turntable mechanics and design, and then test/buy used.
You can get phenomenal tables for ~$100 or less

Recently received Black Stone Cherry's latest album, white vinyl with the newspaper sheet to it, a gift from my friend.

Too lazy to take a pic of it unless requested.
I recommend listening to it.

Latest purchases ended up being all metal
From the top:
Downfall of Nur - Umbras de Barbagas

Solbrud - Solbrud

Aphonic Threnody - When Death Comes...

It's a mandolin actually, and thx bro

now that's fucking beautiful

Went to Valencia recently and copped:

Louis Armstrong - Historia Del Jazz (Compilation)
Can - Monster Movie
Puseletso Seema & Tau Ea Linare – He O Oe Oe!
Rare Earth – Get Ready
Shirley Bassey – And I Love You So
Sweet Sensation – Sweet Sensation (Mr. Cool)
The Kinks – Historia De La Música Rock Vol. 47 (Compilation)
Cat Stevens- Cat Stevens (Compilation)
Dave Brubeck Trio & Gerry Mulligan – Live At The Berlin Philharmonic

Valencia has nice stores with a lot of prog, but it's a little bit pricey I'd guess the average price for an old record was €9

nice foot

Last time I could go to my usual record store before moving. I'll miss it, they stocked tons of great stuff and the guy really knew what he was talking about.

>buying a second hand cat
wew lad, WEW

he is the nicest guy ever

QUESTION whats a good starter reciever to buy? willing to spend upwards to $200, but i don't know where to start. i'm thinking about getting Micca MB42 speakers because i always hear good things about them here.

Discogs is such a wonderful place.

Go scout arround for vintage reciever in your area, don't limit yourself to ebay and craigslist. With 200 bucks to spare you might find something really cool if yo uare locky.

my most recent cops

Yamaha typically makes good entry-level stuff.

you got BP already?

>that andy stott
hnnngg

>mfw opening the gatefold
>mfw listening to Faith In Strangers on speakers, loudly
Seriously,it's like a different album, it gets so much more intense.

> The Bennies
> Baroness
> Pity Sex
niiiiiice

Nice! I've ordered my copy of long season from cd.japan. There were like 5 left when I ordered, was glad to get one.

>put it in direct sunlight
>it starts warping with the heat

scout where exactly, thrift stores and electronic stores?
will keep my eyes peeled

>thrift stores and electronic stores?
Pretty much. Also garage sales and flea markets. If there ever is a record sale somewhere near you, chances are there will be that on grey-haired bloke with piles of stereo gear for sale and you'll probably find something that might be in your price range after a bit of negociation.But really, keep your eyes open and wherever you see an old TV on sale, go take a look because chances are there will also be some old stereo stuff for sale as well in there.

It's alright mang, so do I

Can't wait to get paid tbf

>cat
he was free with that first Brian Jonestown album and he's in mint condition no reason to be rude >:(

He doesn't like mint 2bh.
VG+, yes. VG, absolutely.
But Mint? I'd need some paws and belly pics to really judge of that, also cat-alog number.
But hey it's cool if you got a good deal on it.

yeah, i definitely didnt want to miss out on this one so i pre-ordered it a while back

It is safely in its cover don't worry

IM IN THE ZONE NIGGUUUUUUUH

Few bits I got in the last few days.

It's funny, I thought having a job and steady income would lead to me buying more vinyl but I just spend my money on fucking drinks, lunch and bus fares and blow a big load at the start of each month. I had to use £180 on a new GPU I didn't even want to buy out of next months pay already

Like shit, £60 on a new chair, £160 on new clothes, £200 to my parents for living in their attic (lmao at life). It all dries up so fast

Anyway please subscribe to my blog, here's the link

These things are the bomb. They make a decent platform for your shit as well

If you mean actual records wise, your absolute favourites. Things you really love listening to regularly. That Wreck & Reference album I just bought I listen to pretty much once a week.
Gear wise, whatever just do your research and don't buy ION or Crosley crap. Invest in little things like a carbon anti-static brush

>that speaker placement
>speaker on the same surface as the turntable
mate...

Best I can do given current space. Gonna buy into some wall embedded speakers some time in the next few months. Loft conversion bedroom makes for some awkard ass acoustics though

I kinda want to get this one signed by him some day, not likely to happen desu

Just got The Glowing Man in the mail, so fucking happy.