Most unfitting album covers

Most unfitting album covers

But it's a pretty fitting cover. Album feels like being chased through some dark woods .

>Edgy, poorly designed album coved
It's actually perfect

This is easily the most dull dark ambient album I've ever heard, very disappointing.

I think it's mostly the positioning and font of the text that's aesthetically dissonant. At first I thought it was a cover for a band, like, Linkin Park or something.

It looks like a fucking electropop / house album.

That fits perfectly.

Wrong.

what's fun is that A U R O R A's actually fits perfectly

Agree, it's perfect.

kek this
It oddly fits with the theme, but not the music.

Yikes. You must not listen to a lot of dark ambient.

The fuck are you guys on about, the album is pretty good and the artwork fits it perfectly.

Are you kidding me even babby shit like Haxan Cloak is creepier.

but it's not really a dark ambient album nor are its intentions to be as creepy as possible

S U N
B A T
H E R

Try to guess what kind of music this is by the cover.

Actually it works.
The size of the letters reminds you of loud, "huge" music, and the slick typography confirms an elegant sound (if death metal is a tank, black metal is a Bentley).
The orange and pink gradient is what you see when you close your eyes looking at the sun (hence the name), and also reminds you how Deafheaven ditch the usual metal aesthetic with bright colors.
It's really that simple, faggot, welcome to design.

>creepier
lmao the autism, that album is not even trying to be creepy.

It's violent as shit, which the cover reflects pretty well. And how does that blizzard on the cover not set off any kind of lightbulb in your brain in relation to the sonic texture of the album? Surely these walls of noise and distortion

I get that these things are subjective, but this is an astonishingly bad example to start the thread with.

nu disco

I knew nothing about this album or artist, and went into it thinking it would be indie pop or indie rock. Realized in the first 3 seconds I was completely wrong

What are it's intentions then? I see this album on here daily, what's so good about it?

best track last track

>he thinks sunbather wasn't an indie pop album

As a black metal fan, no you're not completely wrong on it being indie rock

>p4k likes them so it's just indie pop
this meme

im not the guy that was defending it. was just saying its not a dark ambient album. i think its a decent enough album but yeah, if you want as creepy as possible its probably best to look elsewhere.

Looks like the cover for a Sun Ra album. Always thought something like All Delighted People's art would fit better

What the fuck? The major scales, uplifting melodies, crescendos, delicate interludes. Sunbather sounds EXACTLY like it's cover and that's why it succeeded as it did. At first it's a shock, but the more you listen to it the more sense it makes. Basically, this

At first it seems misleading but it actually totally fits it.

Someone made an alternate to make it fit better.

If you're listening to Ben Frost because you want to be spooped, you're doing it wrong. Hence my implication that you're probably new to dark ambient / drone / noise / whatever. It's a rewarding genre I think you'll come to enjoy with a little exploration. :)