Now that the dust has settled what does Sup Forums think of this album

Now that the dust has settled what does Sup Forums think of this album

it's a combination of the Seer with To Be Kind, but lighter and not as interesting.

I disagree, to me it's a good conclusion to this version of swans. It me feel like dark souls 3 of swans

Not as good as the last two but there were few low points

Great conclusion, but not the best. The Glowing Man is definitely one of my favorite songs by them tho

>Now that the dust has settled
>not even released yet

That's what happens when leaky lark asks for some guy's ex's nudes.

much lighter compared to the first two in the trilogy but a fitting conclusion album the title track being the strongest track

>It me feel like dark souls 3 of swans

???

>What did he mean by this
Like dark souls 3 was the conclusion of dark souls, with heavy themes of ash after the flames, being past a point of hope, dread, etc

anyone get their pre-order yet? if so did you get a shipping notification. can't remember if I got one for To Be Kind.

aoty

fuck off Sup Forums crossposter

>video games

kys and go back to

Arrest me Mr. Police :)

too similar to the seer and to be kind in my opinion. so similar that it draws out and feels way too long.

>tfw my record store had The Glowing Man stocked today.

kek

Yea because I play video games I browser v

By the way nice contributions to the topic faggots

>Tfw I still HAVEN'T GOTTEN MY FUCKING SHIPMENT CONFIRMATION ON MY FUCKING PRE ORDER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I fell asleep listening to it

It sounds nothing like To Be Kind other than that part in the title track

Anybody have a download link? The archive is down

not that guy but you have to see how much of an overstatement you're making, right?

I mean, yes, To Be Kind was split into shorter songs, and there was much more emphasis on groove and even a bit more lightheartedness than on TGM. But overall, these 3 albums all share very similar instrumentation and production, as well as an overall sound. The difference is merely in the themes of the albums themselves, each directing this sound into different textural territories, allowing them to work well together AND stand up on their own as singular works.

And I mean, considering these albums literally evolved out of each other organically as they messed with the songs live over the last 4 years, it could all just be looked at as one giant 6 hour behemoth of an album. A 5-year ongoing work of art by these 6 dudes

The first two tracks are fantastic in their GY!BE-esque highs and lows - very moody - but "Frankie M" is easily the album's lowest moment

Had to go relisten to "Filth" to remind me what Gira sounded like in the beginning

Fair enough. The glowing man track is basically No words/no thoughts after 7 years of evolution. But that doesn't make the record any less interesting.

Got my vinyl on Saturday senpai.

kek

I don't get the hate for that track. For me it's all around great, especially the first few minutes with those female vocals. It sounds so powerful and otherworldly

I haven't either, when did you preorder? I didn't until like the Tuesday of last week

I think it's just that by the time you get to that particular track when he does his Trademark chant at the end of the track I just sorta went "Oh god Gira give it up". Otherwise it's a good release. I even think it's better than To Be Kind

fat fuck

I knew that comment was going to come up eventually.