Springsteen appreciation thread?

Springsteen appreciation thread?

I'll kick it off by saying that The Wild the Innocent, Born to Run, and Darkness on the Edge of Town are some of the finest albums of the 1970s. His ability to articulate his messages and convey them with so much raw passion is incredible.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5q_JZGV05Rk&list=PLq5_IODrGmKh10Wd0zP1gwgTvfcH0Z7Im&index=3
youtube.com/watch?v=dbDe4wyw4nE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No love for Asbury Park? It's my favorite at the moment

Honestly only ran through it once. Got me liable to go again. Currently listening to Something in the Night...that last minute man..
youtube.com/watch?v=5q_JZGV05Rk&list=PLq5_IODrGmKh10Wd0zP1gwgTvfcH0Z7Im&index=3

plebeians, all of you

Every album from Asbury Park to Born in the USA is good, but Born to Run is the obvious standout. What a masterpiece, I love Bruce as a musician and a human.

some of my favourite Springsteen-inspired groups are Titus Andronicus, The Gaslight Anthem, and The Smith Street Band.

I love all of them up to Nebraska. Not a fan of the River, but all the other ones up to and including Nebraska are absolutely fantastic.

Nebraska is his best.

I wonder why Alanatic City is so revered from Nebraska and My Fathers House isn't

My Father's House has probably given me the most feels a song could give

Great fucking album btw

Who /streetsoffire/ here?

Good to see someone else appreciates it for the masterpiece it is

The run ends with Tunnel of Love. I read about this a lot but didn't understand until I loved and lost. Tunnel of Love and The River are his best.

Until Stolen Car makes you feel, you won't understand Tunnel of Love.

ROY ORBISON PLAYING FOR THE LONELY
HEY HERE'S ME AND I WANT YOU ONLY
DON'T TURN ME HOME AGAIN I JUST CAN'T FACE MYSELF ALONE AGAIN

ayyyyyyyyyyy baby

youtube.com/watch?v=dbDe4wyw4nE

honestly stop

KEEP PUSHIN TIL ITS UNDERSTOOD
AND THESE BADLANDS START TREATIN US GOOD

Where do you guys rank Ghost of Tom Joad

It gets hate but it's my fave

pretty low

Born to Run > Darkness > Nebraska > Born in the USA > Wild, Innocent, E Street Shuffle > Asbury Park > River

All are fucking brilliant though and Bruce is probably my favourite artist right now, trying so hard not to burn myself out on him

Haven't heard Tunnel of Love yet, should probably get round to that

I was lucky enough to see Bruce with Clarence back in Dublin in 2009... Great show. Also saw him at Hyde Park when the council fucking pulled the plug on him and McCartney. Absolutely tragic.

Anyone seeing him on the upcoming tour? The River's my favourite album, so I'm really excited for it, especially I'm seeing him in Rome (in the Circus Maximus...)

Hell yeah

who the fuck dislikes Ghost of Tom Joad? It's great, and in fact the best thing he did in his late career (yeah, better than the Rising). It's just a different vibe than anything else he's done, even than Nebraska. I can't imagine people who like Thunder Road and I'm on Fire when they were on the radio being into it.