Let's get one of these threads going. Looking for a krautrock chart if anybody has one

Let's get one of these threads going. Looking for a krautrock chart if anybody has one.

Just listen to Neu, Can, the list goes on :)

Here's your reply

funniest

WIP ambient flowchart. (yes I know there's already an essentials chart I just think flowcharts are fun)

Are there any classics I'm missing?

and I'm planning to expand the image further, i'm not fitting every essential ambient album in that space.

I've got a nice folder of these and am happy to share them. Let me ask a question though. How do you use these?

Specifically for ones where there is no start, do you just listen to these in order? Just go on whichever ones have cool covers?

Is there anything decent for indie rock yet?

bumping this

>for ones where there is no start
I pick the 1st album or the most popular according to RYM

>Marquee Moon
>Pink Flag
>Post-Punk
DROPPED

Grouper - dragging a dear or AIA

Gas - Pop

John Hassel - Dream theory

harold budd - pavilion of dreams

the klf - chill out

biosphere - substrata

ben frost - theory of machines

william basinki disintegraition loops
idk if you want ambient electronica but you could maybe include ambient techno groups like boards of canada, future sounds of l, the field, etc. or you could just have one ambient techno and end there.

Chill Out by the KLF, Slow Dancing Society's The Sound of Lights When Dim

bretty good but waaaaaaay too focused on JTG's personal faves rather than more interesting/essential stuff, especially the contemporary section (all the criss cross core)

>(and related genres)

>Fas
>Exercises in futility
>Raw black metal
b8 chart

T R A NS SCV ECVF ECVE C E
T
R
A
NS
SOISKJ KJFJ

HUNTER

that fellers album isn't really avant though

you should label the albums

>going from mogwai to SFTB
awful chart

bump

these flowcharts are actually really useful. keep 'em coming.

Pretty old, I guess.

my two cents (aside from some of these) would be
Yellow Swans - Going Places
Carbon Based Lifeforms - TwentyThree
Loscil - Submers
Sleepsearch Facility - Deep Frieze
Celer - Capri

is there one for post-hardcore? with actual flow

seconding yellow swans, loscil, celer, and carbon based.

add hammock - raising your voice too

never seen this before, great chart

Thank you, these are great

nice

Do one for Lounge or Italian Disco, you useless fucks.

Thank you OP - this chart is fire I only knew Burial (well duh) Shackleton, Skream and Kode9 and now I'm listening to this dubstep bliss and my evening is getting pretty cool

I'm surprised Mezzanine isn't on here and I'm a bit confused why Cujo is on it but no mention of Amon Tobin, but there are some fucking choice picks on this chart
>Monk & Canatella
>Future Sounds of London
>Solar Fields

What chart even is this

Sludge/stoner metal

You're welcome.

It says proceed to stoner metal in the top left though

Dumping shit from the wiki

By dumping I mean about a dozen tops

Sorry if any of these have been posted earlier in the thread, I can't be bothered to open my folder to check what they are.

Last

I dont need to listen to any math rock to say that those digits are equivalent to a job well done my friend

But wheres the percy jackson desu

le OC

No Elliott Smith!?

I feel like "Sex Core" would be a really good band name, maybe for post-hardcore or something.

>no pretty pictures
shockingly disgusting

nice work though lol

ur welcome :^)

Mark Hollis should be on here you fool!

just letting yall know I'm still doing this

This is bizzarely niche, which is why I feel the need to compliment it. Nicely done.

Just made this, thoughts?

Maybe stem off from that Fennez album with Alva Noto's more ambient stuff like and his collabs with Ryuichi Sakamoto. Then maybe continue on to build the glitchy side of ambient. That would be pretty neat.

I was planning that. Having it branch both into ryuchi sakamoto, and into Hotel parallel which leads into ryoji type stuff

yeah that sounds cool man

want to start a psych chart but don't think ive listened to enough psych to make one.

Alien Observer is actually not that poppy and especially compared to dragging a deer, but it's better so whatev. You could drop Violet Replacement somewhere there.

Also I completely forgot, but you could add SAWII somewhere on the left and Julianna Barwick somewhere close to Julia Holter

imho there are already enough psych charts: general-essentials, per decades, countries, etc.

never seen a flowchart.

Is this good?

Anyone got any good ska charts, or any African music?

where's Chill Out you dipshit