God damn. they actually did it. They actually topped the seer. this might be the album of the decade

God damn. they actually did it. They actually topped the seer. this might be the album of the decade

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/list/boldfaure/favorite_releases_of_2016__overall_favorites_/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why do people like this derivative, frail shite?

lel

>derivative
simply epin. post your top 5 albums of 2015 and ill see if you actually have taste

>Topped The Seer
That's not hard

rateyourmusic.com/list/boldfaure/favorite_releases_of_2016__overall_favorites_/

>tim hecker = bad
>the ark work 5 stars
well now i see you're just a walking meme and don't actually like music. nice

You have yet to give a single argument or substantive musical comment.
Instead you're just proving you're another basic Sup Forumscore bitch.

you have a lot of lists and writing yet you've only rated 97 albums

absolutely no credibility

Because I prefer rating only recent albums.
You'll see I have a few classic reviews of classical music with no ratings.

Nobody cares what some random RYM or Youtuber thinks about Loveless.

nobody should care about anything anyone else thinks about an album. ratings are for yourself

well you're at least right that nobody cares...

People seem to care about my RYM.
So neither of you can explain how TGM is worthwhile?

you can't explain how music is good. but in comparison with to be kind, the glowing man is basically to be kind's best moments for 2 hours straight minus all of the cringey moments that ruined tbk

>you can't explain how music is good.
Yes you can you fucking newfag.
>in comparison with to be kind, the glowing man is basically to be kind's best moments for 2 hours straight minus all of the cringey moments that ruined tbk
So you're saying it's derivative of TBK? I agree wholeheartedly.

cause it sounds nice in my ears

Nah, it's horseshit compared to some of the actual, original stuff that's been coming out.

god you are an insufferable faggot

You are the most egotistical, pretentious trip on this board. At least Avant-Math has a sense of humour, you're disappearing up your own asshole. Yes, we've all read your poorly-written RYM review, no need to spread it to where it's not welcome. I've expressed why I believe TGM is an incredible record at length in various other threads so feel no need to do the same here, but you're so self-obsessed you feel a compulsion to derail these discussions because you can't bear to see other people enjoying something you have an issue with.

Can you spoonfeed me some of that good stuff please

So you still don't have any arguments to retort me, then?

people on Sup Forums should really learn to automatically ignore any posts with a trip

People on Sup Forums should really learn to defend themselves when people contest them.

>Can you spoonfeed me some of that good stuff please
I used to do this sort of thing but I don't even care anymore.

and just like that tony perkis has been dethroned

I wish so badly that Sup Forums had some sort of thumbs up or some shit.
This comment to the top, plz

>people
>on Sup Forums
>should people
>when contest
>learn them

>album is shit because I said so
>fuck off
>lol that's not an argument
>see previous 10 threads for our arguments
>lol that's not an argument
You sound like a child, dude. How's your liberal arts degree going?

Say no more, I know exactly what you need f a m

>>>/reddit/

*throws you a rope in a desperate attempt to saving you from falling into the black hole that is arguing with a tripfag troll*

I mean he legitimately didn't offer an argument. Did you read the thread?

Sorry m80, I always think we collectively stand to gain something but that's never true.

weakest from 'trilogy'

What's with father and the rope?!

everyone forgot about them completely

/THREAD

A lot more subdued and cohesive than TBK which I like.

If The Seer was the tribe-wide ritual, TGM is the sound of the high priest whispering to the dying embers of the celebratory bonfire

It's a shame that it's been so quickly forgotten about since it's actually a great record (especially with the bonus disc). But these three albums function really well as a triptych since they're similar and cohesive in so many ways but also have distinctions and 'complete' each other.

>"bad" albums
>black metal

fucking dropped

all the other albums in that list.. i dont care for them

putting dean blunts black metal right next to the new beyonce is fucking retarded.

correction; it is beyond retarded.

whats that image supposed to be, ketchup on the floor? looks stupid even a 3 year old could make a cover like that

correct

Yea it is the best from the current lineup

I'm not gonna flail about and scream AOTD like a moron, but I think it's their best post-reunion release. Good stuff.

The Glowing Man > The Seer > To Be Kind > My Father Will Guide Me Up A Rope To The Sky

Thank you so much for putting on a trip so now I never have to read you ever again. :)

all these people who don't filter all trips

I have to admit Frankie M is a fucking banger, all the drops.
Otherwise it´s a third album in a row that´s basically the same.

You don't know much about music?

>I have to admit Frankie M is a fucking banger, all the drops.

You've not even given an argument for why it's bad apart from saying its "derivative"

they didn't top TBK

Official objective The Glowing Man ranking coming through.

Frankie M. > The Glowing Man > The World Looks Red/The World Looks Black > Cloud of Unknowing > Finally, Peace > Cloud of Forgetting > People Like Us > When Will I Return?

when the fucking banjo comes in on frankie m oh my god

Threadly reminder that there's an "anonimyze" option on 4chanX. This renders every posters as Anonymous, if everyone used it tripfags would virtually disappear.

Kinda like "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" paradox.

is 4chanx working again? I remember it was fucked up when they redid the site and I got used to the native one

It's just TBK with less energy and all the tracks are more or less the same aside from Frankie M.

nigga Sup Forums x has been working fine for years

Works like a charm, be sure to use ccd0's fork

Native is ultra-shit in my opinion, looks like some straight outta BBS shit.

That filename

I probably got a very scratched CD. It always gets stuck and I just hear the same chords for like 10 minutes before it moves on

I don't think anyone who feels the need to separate themselves from the Anonymous name, has anything important to say.

filter all trips.

>>>/reddìt/
And stay there

>rateyourmusic.com/list/boldfaure/favorite_releases_of_2016__overall_favorites_/
>tripfag
>classicalfag
not even that guy, but holy fuck, opinion discarded

Kek

I've never listened to an entire Swans album, so would this be a good place to start? Or should I start at another album?

its been a few years. Native isnt pretty but works. Im only missing redirection of old or deleted to archive, does that work?

just listen to 'Soundtracks for the Blind' and then move on

Just listen to Glenn Branca m8

Literally what is wrong with listening to classical music?

nah, To Be Kind is a better intro

*turns off trip*

Nah I'm not that fucking autist and TGM is my AOTY but of all the things you could criticize him for...

I really like Father. I think it's in the middle of their catalog in my ranking.

I don't think it's that they were saying classical is bad, I think it's just the fact that they made a trip, linked to a rym account. So it's as if this person was trying to boast their music taste by filling it with 'classical music' reviews and then trying to make a name for themselves on Sup Forums. Pathetic

is there a link to the album?

it's on rutracker

I've had the RYM since January 2015.
That entire time people have been pointing out my posts here without my trip.
I've just decided to simplify things. :)

Children of God or The Seer imho senpai.

low quality b7

>rateyourmusic.com/list/boldfaure/favorite_releases_of_2016__overall_favorites_/
>Derivative old ass Shostakovich shit as #1
>Puts all of elseq as #2 even though all of it wasn't that great with only a few outstanding moments
>Baby tier Chambershit as #3
>Derivative 400 year old music as #4
>Casual Warp ambient as #5
>Derivative impressionist stuff that's old as shit for #6

Goddamn. Everything is either derivative decades/centuries old stuff, ambient for babies who only listen to the main Warp guys and have no real knowledge about electronic music, or some modern attempt at something derivative as fuck.

This list is absurdly casual despite appearing to be anything but.

?

They topped the Seer with To Be Kind

Nigga just start with Filth.

eh, elseq is pretty ace m8, who cares that it's made by one of the more well known artists?

yes, that works fine

God, that flowchart is awful. This one passed around a lot is better imo

There was a thread about making a new, restructured one of these. Did that get anywhere? Or is the original user still working on it?

not sure why im indulging you, but if you think throwing the word derivative around means anything, it doesnt. derivative has no intrinsic, declasse meaning. this is such a dumb argument its hard to even put it into words.

Ah, I don't think I caught that thread, so I don't quite know.

No you're always coming in trying to make yourself relevant, then people tell you to fuck off and you keep autistically trying to assert your nonexistent superiority because you listen to classical music, nobody on here gives half a shit about you, you just never shut the fuck up about yourself so people can't help but engage you.

nothing its just that people who make rym accounts and give 5 star ratings exclusively to krautrock/classical music r usually pretentious cunts who have no idea what they're talking about

i like some classical music, especially stuff during the romantic era

Great record, but I think it will need some more time to grow on me for real. I was expecting a bit more groovy, and less toussaint louverture-esque.

Frankie M and The Glowing Man are absolutely fantastic.

hahahahahahah

it's not the album of the decade, but it's definitely beat out anything released so far this year

why do you feel the need to hate on it EVERY time there's a thread
it's nice outside, you should enjoy the weather

Disc 1 > disc 2

I can't wait for their new album to drop in 14 years when Swans is considered dad rock and my doctor starts probing my anus with his finger on the regular.

Well that's just incorrect m90

I wish Swans would be considered dadrock

Being aggressively wrong is kinda your thing innit

Start with White Light or To Be Kind. Absolutely do not start with Soundtracks.