How many times do you think you've listened to this?

How many times do you think you've listened to this?

9ish

Twice

Once. It was ok, but I've never had the desire to come back to it.

2 complete listens
3 partial listens

It's better than I expected it to be, would recommend.

I'm gonna guess 9 times. It's a really interesting album, but not one that I'm always in the mood to listen to.

IDK like 5-10 times? I really like it. It's my go-to nighttime album.

Hard to say. Maybe 15, and I haven't listen to it in a while.

But I probably listen to Good Morning, Captain weekly

I really like that era of indie music, but there are certain extremely influential bands that never quite clicked with me. Slint is one of them, though I do appreciate them more than some others, like Mission of Burma and Minutemen. I get it, they're all groundbreaking bands, but they're just not bands I've ever been able to relate to.

> 5 to 10 times
> your go to nighttime album
I assume you discovered it fairly recently, then?

Yeah this.
I should revisit it soon

Twice.

Pretty average to be quite honest with you family member. Never got the fuss.

i listen to it once a year, so 6 times

Not enough. It didn't click at the beginning, so I'll try a couple of times more.

What does it matter if he did or not? Stop being a fucking snob.

I can't even remember. Probably more than 30

I just found this today and I'm halfway into my second listen am in danger of overplaying to the point of losing its interested?

No, I just typically listen to it in certain situations, like when it's raining at night, really fits the mood.

Around 8 to 10 times. Definitely one of those I have to be in the mood for, as others ITT have mentioned. Also, I listen to this album exclusively at night time. Only once during the day time on the road with my band when the sky was grey and overcast.

A few times. Damn good.

It's kind of an album that's better the second time

I was super into it in high school so probably at least 30 from beginning to end.

Haven't listened to it in awhile, though. Not even my favorite first wave post-rock album anymore.

At least 15 times I'd say. At my lowest points it sent me into delirium. Nowadays not so much. But I still appreciate it and the cathartic effect it left after those times.

>slint
>post-rock

once, should put it on again some time

Probably over 50 times. My favourite album of all time for a couple years now.

how fucking new are you

correct
so is bedhead and rusty and other similar bands
if you think otherwise you're objectively wrong

whoops, i meant rodan, not rusty. christ.
it's been a long day.

>bedhead
i'll check them out

they're codeine/red house painters-style slowcore mixed slint and rodan style post-rock

they really don't fit comfortably into any genre, but they're usually lumped into one of those two

they're pretty good. they won't change your perception of music or anything, but they're worth your time

that sounds good, I love all of those bands

Probably about 30 times

~40 times i guess
everytime I get bored of it I wait a month and it's the same again

it invented a version of post-rock just like talk talk and bark psychosis did

I have about 41 scrobbles of it on last.fm and I think I started listening to it after I got a scrobbler so over 40 times.
It's a good album lads

gets better each time*
bedhead and rodan fucking suck tho so who cares

daily reminder that for dinner is the best example of post rock on that album and don aman is shit

Probably like 40 times honestly. Used to listen to it like crazy in high school. Still in my top 3 rock of all time

Over 100 plays on iTunes + vinyl so I'd wager around 120.

rodan almost got the slint formula down tho

Zero. Should I listen to it?

This is my favourite album ever. Listened to it well over a hundred times.

I've seen this on /mew/ probably 100+ times but have never listened to it nor do I know the name of it or who it's by

Slint-spiderland
Listen to it user I beg you!

literally fucking how have you never heard of it outside of \moo\

this desu

I will listen to it on my road trip tomorrow

I associate myself with normal people

This, wholeheartedly in a span of 3 years
Really dig the album but the mood is not often to come by. Like once I was on acid at night while on vacation in San Francisco's golden gate park after getting separated from my group for a good hour. The best.

10 complete listenings accoarding to my last.fm
Speaking of spiderland... what is the best place to listen to spiderland? what pictures pop up in your mind while hearing this album? I always see this dead cabin by the woods, near an empty road, everything is black and white, few shades of grey... the lake is empty, everything is so quiet... I don't know, specially from 'Don, Aman' and on.

bump

Three or four times. Plan on listening to it again soon, and watching the documentary.

Just listened for the first time. It was okay.

Somewhere in the 30-60 range probably. It's either top 10 or close to my top 10 every time I think of a top 10 all time albums.

Only 8 times from start to finish, but it's still one of my favourites. Washer is absolutely perfect.

zero. cant get past the first song lol

a fuck ton

great album very poetic and powerful

jesus christ first time coming to Sup Forums in years and this shit is still going?

This but more like 12 instead of 8.

saved

Were slint teenagers when they recorded it?

Twice

15 maybe
10 until i enjoyed it

do you people just sit around and discuss the same set of albums ad nauseum every single fucking day

do you plebs ever listen to new music? is that even a concept to you? new music besides Sup Forumscore?

probably around 30 times
it's my favorite album from a completely musical perspective

I have listened to it about the same amount. It's my third favorite album of all time.

Why don't you start a thread for new music you want to talk about instead of just bitching?

28 times who knows.

>rodan fucking suck

What a wrong opinion.

>average

I mean shit man find me an album like Spiderland before 1991 besides maybe The Ascension and Ash Ra Tempel.

30 times on this laptop. I assume another 20 on my phone.

more than 20 times. it's the greatest rock album of all time, hands down.

None.

Around 25-30.

What's amazing about Spiderland is that nothing really sounds quite like it, not even Slint's other works.

I am about halfway through it for the first time. I can see the appeal, but it's very meh quality to my ears. I really appreciate all the talent that went into it, but the style of vocals just kills it for me. As impressive as the lyrics are I would like this album a lot more if it was instrumental.

probably like 50. I love it so much