ITT: album covers that don't match their respective sound

ITT: album covers that don't match their respective sound

/thread

Thought this was gonna be some psych-prog shit but it's still pretty good, and I can see how it could maybe kinda fit.

I was expecting harsh noise or maybe drone.

Does intentionally misleading count?

Gotta love the cheeky title too.

doesn't seem like noise-pop at all

What? It sounds exactly how it looks.

why the fuck did he go with such an awful cover for such a good album

That cover goes great with side 2

Nah this looks like the album.

Eh, it's certainly darker than most Beach Boys material, but I'm not sure it still really sounds like what you wold expect if you were entirely unfamiliar with the album and saw the cover.

Disagree

these fit perfectly

also inb4 someone posts the replica album cover and says it looks like a metal album
fuck you, you're wrong, that fits perfectly too

looks like a metal album lol

this album is so good

pic related definitely (it's a shitty vaporwave album)
the shoegaze-y, bright sound of the album does fit that cover though
it kinda doesn't fit at first, but the whole sexual metaphor of the banana fits with the sexual nature of the album, not to mention the yellow does fit the sound colour of a lot of the songs (to me at least)
it's a fine album cover, nothing spectacular though
it does look like a metal album cover at first though but once you listen to the album it fits well
now THIS is an example of a misleading album cover

Smiles on the figures faces is misleading to the sorrowful music but maybe that's intentional for the sake of eeriness

The surreal nature of it matches the vague metaphors, and the sad thing in the top right fits the sad music, too. Although I also expected it to be more psychedelic
Because it's bananas, duh

Of course it's intentional. Half the pictures are plastic figurines putting on a fake veneer of happiness in sad or unpleasant situations. Like the couple on the back cover in bed together smiling while laying as far apart from each other as they can.

Id tend to disagree. The sound of Advaitic Songs is absolutely rooted in the sounds of religion and spirituality, and the lyrics, delivered in a trantric (albeit sloppy) vocal style, are spiritually complex to the loint of being impenetrable to the average listener.