ITT: the best albums of a band's discography

ITT: the best albums of a band's discography

I'll start

still waiting

>In Rainbows is old enough to drive a car

>implying you wouldn't prefer to listen to In Rainbows right now over the rest of their discography

this is my go to Radiohead LP of the past few weeks actually

>not Amnesiac

Fight me in real life

Radiohead is shit. Why would you even listen to their "music" in the first place?

Agreed

what do you listen to user?

quality music

nice b8

>9 years old
where the hell u live boy

Not even bating.

My Iron lung is decent. OK Computer and In Rainbows are both shit.

There's this new band out called Nirvana that you should check out

I think you would like them

Come on man. If you're gonna pull a "Radiohead sucks" meme out at least follow it with music that's better.

You know that Radiohead is shit and that's why you won't respond with anything but memes, right?

Maybe you should get your own opinion on music and stop reading pitchfork reviews.

That's literally their only decent album. So it counts I guess.

W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D

To be fair you haven't said anything that's actually worth arguing about. Saying "Radiohead sucks" without stating why and retorting with The Strokes of all things is plain retarded and deserves equally stupid replies.

>more memes
ok your right radiohead is good

how didn't I realize this sooner

thank you so much for opening my eyes

thank god

fucking idiot I can't believe how much of a edgy contrarian you used to be

Good time

imhotbqhwy

Ahhh the sweet smell of summer

Unironically kys

Dude, I think you meant to post this pic

Since, after all, this is their objectively best album

Objectively their most inconsistent album maybe

It might be, but Horses in the Sky contests it.
Also, ever noticed how Born Into Troubles talks about storming the barricades with Angels on their side, and God Bless our Dead Marines immediately starts with the Angels in the electric chair?

Maybe the riots failed?

It's their MOST consistent album, what the fuck are you even talking about?

Yeah, it's a tossup between He Has Left Us, Horses in the Sky, and Born Into Trouble. I prefer Born Into trouble, though
Also good point with the angels, I hadn't noticed that. I suppose that angels are anarchist rioters ("angels with molotovs," "storm the barricades with the angels on our side").

Funeral > Reflektor > Neon Bible > The Suburbs

fixed

TfTO could have actually been a contender if they trimmed the album down instead of embracing the wankery meme that made bands like ELP suffer in the first place. Pic related would be my pick for Yes.

>Not Kid A

...hey guys, sorry I'm late. Did I miss anything?

I honestly took it more literally. Efrim's an atheist, but the early Silver Mt. Zion albums have always had this religious bent to them. Angels on the side of a riot or rebellion is a powerful image.
Maybe it's unintentional symbolism of how hard it would be to win the kind of fight they want to win, and change the things with the world they would like to change, that it would take an actual miracle to turn to the tide. There's a hope to A Silver Mt.Zion, but it's usually in the face of some great thicky murky reality.

That's not Blonde on Blonde.

*great thick murky reality

this desu

Be honest, do you prefer Silver Mt Zion to Godpseed? Do you feel that their "message" loses anything with the vocal delivery? I always found Godspeed amazing in the way they can be so emotive without words (excluding the vocal samples).
I'd pick Born Into Trouble as their best, closely followed by Horses.

my nigga

I honestly think Suburbs is better

The Suburbs > Funeral > Reflektor > Neon Bible

Fixed it for you senpai

That's not Animals

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm the other guy, but I prefer GYBE.
I wouldn't say that they lose anything with the vocals, and I wouldn't compare them on the same scale. ASMZ, to me, is angrier, rawer, and more direct/in-your-face than GYBE; it's far more grounded in realism, whereas GYBE is more symbolic and vague.

Close family, but no cigar.

You misspelt live at royal Albert hall bootleg...

Clear winner, their other albums are good, b

that's not Relayer

It's actually really hard to decide. Godspeed's discography is practically flawless, even down to their rare singles (excluding all lights fucked), but I have found myself listening to Silver Mt.Zion more recently. GY!BE feels more monolithic, a bit like Set Fire to Flames, and while Silver Mt.Zion gets their point across better, GY!BE tends to genuinely be better composed and more grandiose.

Silver Mt. Zion hits me at a more personal level, but I'll have to go with Godspeed.
I own every single Godspeed release, and only Born into Trouble currently.

he didn't say legally

I agree, but I think Godpseed's strength is in its symbolism. It is a monolithic sound that you can project your own meaning onto. And it may be vague, but somehow it keep a fairly consistent theme across a 70+ minute album.

Can we just admit this already?

My nigga, I love this one way more than Hospice.

It takes until about a fourth of the way in before the atmosphere really hits though.

Holograms is better, though.

I appreciate all the love httt is getting lately

i feel like after the first three songs the album falls off really hard. it drones on and i cant help but lose interest :|

Yup.

that isn't feels

Objectively the best live recording of anyone

>not GP

fampai...

I love you

>not notm

So you like their standard and generic alt rock stuff?

Got it.

I immediately thought of the Skin Crime boxset from the thumbnail

What else in there discography is worth listening too? I've only heard hollow ground. S/t is one of my favorite albums of all time.

>Reflektor above Neon Bible

try harder next time

No they aren't but they are pretty overrated.

not an album idiot

looks like an album to me

Room On Fire is easily as good as Is This It. Also, thats not Blonde on Blonde.

almost every radiohead album posted

truly the greatest band that ever lived

I hope they tour soon

I'm sure your just joking but no. It's still pretty good though. Better than We Were Dead, probably as good as Good News.

>Not Kid A or OK Computer, or even Amnesiac
oy vey goyim

That isn't OKcupid.

HTTT: 6/10
Kid A: 10/10

The above rankings are objectively correct.

>not The Downward Spiral
Believe me I love The Fragile but the second half is too weak.

Fragile - Yes >>>>>>>>>>>>> The Fragile - NIN

Good answer. Not sure why this album is so divisive.

Probably Lonesome Crowded West.

I can't really say I have a favorite. Fruit That Ate itself and Sad Sappy Sucker included.

Just want to make it clear though, there's a high probability anyone who doesn't like Modest Mouse is a plebeian. So if you're among this population, you might want to take notice and update your ontological positions accordingly.