How do I into country, Sup Forums? I love a lot of alt-country like Songs: Ohia, 16 Horsepower...

How do I into country, Sup Forums? I love a lot of alt-country like Songs: Ohia, 16 Horsepower, and Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, but for some reason can't get into country beyond that.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2zXXBQkxO3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=tscmyErnQzA
youtube.com/watch?v=NzcLcUjIPcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FKJmWFpc0I8
youtube.com/watch?v=BlOk5wV0DRo
youtube.com/watch?v=ClugMhMbrRg
youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Yg9wjctRw
youtube.com/watch?v=eM213aMKTHg
youtube.com/watch?v=JyZdrkrxD4o
youtube.com/watch?v=R7f189Z0v0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=2Df0PaNgYaA
youtube.com/watch?v=Aj_9zDXUhDk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Aldean

I knew this meme would be posted.
B R A V O
R
A
V
O

>bump

Listen to Marc Maron's recent WTF podcast interview with Sturgill Simpson. He explains how he came back around to Country as he got older better than I could.

youtube.com/watch?v=2zXXBQkxO3Y

try some Marshall Tucker Band, Willie Nelson, Hank Williams, George Strait, Garth Brooks

thanks fampai

Outlaw Country is probably the most accessible subgenre of country that's still considered "real country", so I recommended listening to artists under that umbrella.

just listen to cowpunk if you like alt-country

Kinda off topic, but I like a lot of experimental music, I was wondering if there's any experimental-ish country
>inb4 someone post Old Boots New Dirt again

Pretty much this

youtube.com/watch?v=tscmyErnQzA
youtube.com/watch?v=NzcLcUjIPcQ

I just posted the two David Allan Coe links; he has an experimental album called Requiem for a Harlequin.

youtube.com/watch?v=FKJmWFpc0I8

thanks senpai, loving this stuff so far, if only more people listened to country beyond Bro Country and Country Pop
I have to deal with that shit a lot since I live in the South

Loretta Lynn-Van Lear Rose
Johnny Cash
Sturgill Simpson
Hank Williams
Waylon Jennings
Willie Nelson

Start with hank williams (sr obviously). If you dont like that, fuck off.

Seriously though, I got into country through the byrds and the flying burrito brothers when I was in high school.

The Gun Club ain't country but if you're into alt country definitely check them out

Here are some modern artists I like:

Sturgill Simpson is the post-country people joke Jason Aldean is. His new album is experimental while still acessible
youtube.com/watch?v=BlOk5wV0DRo

Jason Isbell has the best lyrics in music
youtube.com/watch?v=ClugMhMbrRg

Brad Paisley is essentially just pop country but he is self aware and one of the best guitarists alive
youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Yg9wjctRw

You might enjoy Lyle Lovett as well, it's a blend of country/gospel/blues

Lady Antebellum is pretty goood youtube.com/watch?v=eM213aMKTHg

Paula Fernandes youtube.com/watch?v=JyZdrkrxD4o

Willie Nelson is pretty nice youtube.com/watch?v=R7f189Z0v0Y

jonnhy cash for classic country
taylor swift for pop country

don't really like Brad Paisley, but the rest are good

Townes is a hipster answer but that's cause hipsters have taste and Townes is amazing.

Willie Nelson
Neil Young
Scott Tuma
Jerry Garcia
Creedence Clearwater
Bob Dylan
Bill Frisell

Country rock != country

>Willie Nelson
>not country
wew lad

I disagree, I think that what we call 'rock' is a development of the recording and production techniques and don't actually prevent modern country artists like those I listed as well as many others from being qualified as country

Yeah, Willie Nelson is country but Creedence certainly isn't. They're more akin to heartland rock than anything.
I (and a fair amount of older country fans) don't consider those groups country either.

American Beauty / Workingman's Dead by The Grateful Dead are pretty good. Theyre not straight up country though.

SHOTGUN WILLIE by willie nelson is one of my favorite albums.

Kacey family

youtube.com/watch?v=2Df0PaNgYaA

if u dont like this shit get the fuck out of my face

good shit

We all liking the new Maren Morris? It's barely country but still pretty nice otherwise.

youtube.com/watch?v=Aj_9zDXUhDk

mind yr own biscuits and life will b gravy

>revelation