Girl asks me what music I like

>girl asks me what music I like

Other urls found in this thread:

thealaskanbullworm.bandcamp.com/album/dad-im-gay
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Everything but hip hop and country (excluding Death Grips and some classic country)
There ya go

>ummm indie rock
From experience

>talking to girls about music

"I listen exclusively to Tunisian throat singing. Literally every other genre is for fucking normies REEEEEE".

Radiohead, Sufjan Stevens, and Early Wilco
You don't sound like too much of a pleb but you're not intimidating her. If for some reason she's never heard any of them you can show them to her and she won't think you're too weird.

Is it bad that this is my exact opinion on music?

Yes

I fucked up
She asked what genres I like and I said mostly punk, psychedelic, garage rock, prog
When I saw her blank stare I said some indie pop
She asks me to talk about it
I go on about how I love the Vaselines, Cat's Miaow, Beat Happening
More blank stare
More panic

Should've talked about Game of Thrones
Shoulda coulda
I actually told her I like Sufjan because I plan to see him at Pitchfork this summer, played a fucking song on my phone and she just said "lol that's so weird"

Yes

pff! fuckin normie!!!!!!!! only tibetan throat singing bruh.

>tfw when someone asks what music I like I spout dank memes
>if they give me a look I say "I like weird stuff lol"
Works every time

Those genres you mentioned really aren't all that divisive. It must have been how you said it. Once you realized she didn't know any of those bands though you should have asked her what she likes

"I'll listen to just about anything" and try to change the subject

but what if you come across a fellow patrician and fight over which autechre album is best and go to festivals and concerts together ad develop a lifelong friendship

That'd be cool I guess

You have to remember most people care about music in the same way you care about sports.

Come on, anons this shit is not even hard.
"I'll listen to anything as long as it sounds good to me. What kind of music do you like though?

If you're trying to get some bantz or make a joke continue with something about her taste. Fucking anything.

"You're probably into some really weird shit.You probably only listen to dentist drills with electronic music in the background.
I can tell."

Just be honest, you losers. People (not just girls) can smell fear and insecurity from a mile away.

but that would never happen if you just say "I'll listen to just about anything" and try to change the subject

>pretty much everything
This and only this should be your only response.

I did
She said country, alternative and indie
I think I just got a top pleb and misunderstood her excitement as seeing I liked "indie"
onlyinmydreams.png

>implying anyone on Sup Forums is normie enough to come up with that in a conversation with a grill

but I fucking love sports

Quads speak the truth

Fair play
Dank quads
And I was confident until I realized we were talking about two very different meanings of indie
I've may be met 2 women in the past 5 years who like more than 2 of the same bands that I do
I live in the suburbs though, I think once I get to the city I'll be fine

i usually just say animal collective and show her my girls if she hasn't heard of them

I tell girls i like this
thealaskanbullworm.bandcamp.com/album/dad-im-gay

Stealing this

I figured this board has to be less weird around people than others, since this is one of the few boards who's hobby has them leaving their house, to concerts and stuff.

Seems my hopes were a bit too high.

no we are definitely one of the most least robot boards on Sup Forums but that's really not saying much

it's an aight album

rock, metal, jazz, the list goes on...

"I listen to whatever you want me to babeh"

i wouldnt be friends with you

shes just dumb dude. shes not the one. dont fret over it.

>2016
>fell for the "hip hop is bad" meme
wew fucking lad

Thanks m8
And yeah, she was confirmed retarded
I talked to her about Game of Thrones later, and she said she loved it but didn't have HBO so she couldn't watch it
I didn't think people like that existed at our age

THIS

NIGGA

G E T S I T
E
T
S
I
T

Seriously dawg, how much pussy do you get on a fucking regular basis? Answer: so much pussy

A-a-ambient-t

Psychedelic rock and folk. Easy?

just say what you actually like. people are drawn to others w/ passion. you guys are obviously pretty invested in music-- so if someone asks, share with them. they'll be intrigued at least (and maybe, they'll know what obscure shit you're talking about, and it will lead to a genuine connection).

any dweeb can say 'oh yeah, i like indie too'. you guys spend to much time curating your taste in music not to share it with other people, or even just say it in front of cuties. don't pretend you have run of the mill, basic taste-- at best its a lateral move, but its milquetoast and weak. fuck.

well put

>I like a lot of things, mostly ambient, jazz, and metal, particularly black metal. I also really like classical, mostly modern shit.
that was hard

>want a gf
>no identifiable personality traits detached from the media you consume / music you play
All I can talk about is music, film, and lit.

What is wrong with me?

get /fit/ then talk

If they're a total pleb I usually just say "you know all that music that critics write a lot and stuff about but no one actually listens to? I'm that guy that reads critical reviews and actually listens to that stuff." It's not necessarily true but it gives a good description of why I dont listen to like Katy Perry like everyone else and it's better than going on some pretentious rant about my favorite bands that leaves them really confused and them thinking I'm pretentious as hell.

I'm in good shape. It's good for casual sex but I want something long term.

I guess I have really callous / cold mannerisms b/c I have difficulty relating to anyone outside my circle of friends.

find a girl who likes music, film, or lit (or all three?)?. How is this hard?

take note: this is exactly what you don't say.

>is a pussy

I would hope my foundation for a long term relationship be more substantial than just liking the same movies or whatever.

I don't understand how other people do this dating stuff.

>people are actually saying anything other than just what they like
jesus fuck, what is wrong with you people?
>I think a relationship should be built on something other than one of the only things i can talk about
sounds like a good plan sport, good luck finding a lasting relationship when you can't talk about any of your main interests.

ah fair enough then. a lot of people on here complain about similar things as you and a lot of their problems could be solved by becoming aesthetically pleasing to look at

t. 16 year old virgin

this is an utterly retarded thing to say

don't worry about what you bring to the table (you're money). just casually date girls, and discover what kind of girl clicks with you.
date more.

>am I really all the things that are outside of me?

yes. unfortunately

ha. its like people listen to it-- but they don't get it.

I mean, the ideal is that you talk about yourselves, right? Like your feelings or something? I'm not sure.
I'm not super good looking or anything but I'm above average.

Sex isn't the problem. The affectionate relationship dynamic is just totally alien to me.
>what kind of girl clicks with you
(none of the above)
:(

>Like your feelings or something? I'm not sure.
me neither, full disclosure im a kissless virgin, but i guess talking about that kind of thing comes later. you dont start talking to someone about your hopes and dreams and fears.. that comes after you've been dating for a little bit

I think anyway

oh my actual real fucking god it doesn't matter, if your personalities line up and you are interested in each other then it's fine

which isn't to say either of those are easy

Well. Only half of that's true

get a dating app and date many girls. if you can get laid, they should be easy. learn about yourself, be emotionally open, get out of your head.

if its harder than this, you should see a therapist or analyst, who can help you work out your bullshit. (and don't think this is a sign of weakness-- its empowering)

You have no fucking idea
It really depends where you are though, I connect with girls from the city almost immediately, but in my small suburb there's fuck-all

I guess I should start by stating that I feel like an alien everywhere I go under looming clouds of subtle anxiety and hope to find a girl with the same idiosyncrasies (ha ha).
I tried Tinder. I don't like it. I don't like therapists either.

What city's suburb do you live in?

Chicago suburbs
Lots of people but very different culture

more: girls are just people you can have sex with. just treat them like a new a friend.

if its hard, it because you don't know who you are or what your attachments are. developing these is what young adulthood (and life really), is all about.

think about how you are greater than your taste in entertainment. if you think thats all you are (i've been there), work on yourself.

>looming clouds of subtle anxiety
>I don't like therapists either
try a different one. could help you a lot

then look you idiot, don't just stop doing something because it's hard, it's hard because it's worth doing.
>I'm not sure
just literally be yourself and do whatever you would normally do, but do it politely. If you don't connect, you don't connect, it's not the end of the world, a failed date isn't a disaster, it just means she's not for you.

long cat is certainly long

you would seriously benefit from seeing a therapist.

nice one

>more: girls are just people you can have sex with. just treat them like a new a friend.
I have girl friends / friends who are girls. I'm capable of being a friendly person, I'd just like someone I commit to or something like that.
>you don't know who you are of what your attachments are
I don't know what this means but I suspect it's true.
Not in the medical sense, just in the pragmatic / everyday / self conscious sense. I'm not medicated or anything, I'm just often nervous.
>just literally be yourself
I sincerely barely understand what that entails.
: /

Let me tell y'all a story

>be me
>freshman in high school
>in advanced biology class
>pretty chill everyday in there
>i'm wearing a shirt with pic related on it
>classmates include a fucking chad dudebro athlete sophomore (who's also an asshole), and a 10/10 sophomore girl who thinks i'm somewhat chill
>dudebro sees my shirt
>says something along the lines of, "Melvins? What's that mean?"
>i explain to him that they're a grunge band, and go so far as to pull up the lyrics to one of their songs ("Hooch")
>for those that don't know, their lyrics are total fuckin' nonsense
>dudebro reads them aloud, is having a gay old time
>10/10 sophomore girl overhears this and says, "This reminds me of a Sims conversation!"
>laugh nervously

Was this a win or a fail, Sup Forums? I never played the Melvins to her, and she probably doesn't remember the scenario, but I sure as shit do, because she was fuckin' smoking

>I sincerely barely understand what that entails.
How do you normally act?

>just in the pragmatic / everyday / self conscious sense. I'm not medicated or anything, I'm just often nervous.

sounds like you could use a therapist bro. they're not just for psychos

I don't know, good? I try to be polite / friendly / nice but introspectively I don't see any characteristics within myself that would seriously distinguish me from any of my friends or anyone I interact with on sheer incidence.

I feel like I just exist more or less.
I don't have the means for that right now.

>find girl who's into the same music as me
>she's ugly as sin

e v e r y t i m e

>means
$25 for an hour every week? every two weeks is fine too. It's not that expensive

i mean, she didn't like you.
but you have a strong, indelible memory of being a dorky high school kid, which is part of growing up, and is a win.

This

>garage rock, microtonal death metal, shakira
Doesn't reflect my tastes very well but can get a laugh out of some normies.

>find a girl who's not into the same music as me but I find that it doesn't matter because there are more important thing to a relationship
>she rejects me anyway

I'll never win

Different here.

if you are going to university, they have student resources. if not, and you are covered by your parents insurance, that could cover it. you're making excuses.

everything you're saying (i just exist, i don't see any characteristics in myself) is a big deal. you're expressing it to a message board because its easy, but we can't really help you. we can only suggest you share this with some one in real life-- and the best person for that is a therapist. its tough, but it will really help you.

Best answer.

>everything you're saying (i just exist, i don't see any characteristics in myself) is a big deal. you're expressing it to a message board because its easy, but we can't really help you.
I'm just talking. These aren't conversations I have in real life. It would grant me the same satisfaction to say this aloud with no one to hear.

Also, I'm not in uni.

total and absolute fucking win. she wet her melvins underwear but your beta-ass didn't call her out on it

>e-experimental

That's probably soc and fa

Come on, it can't be that bad. It's an expense just once every week or two, and trust me it's worth it.

>one of the

hey user ;)

I usually just say fuck off, I don't want people knowing things about me

Appreciate the concern but no, it's not feasible. Not something I'm particularly interested in anyhow.

i know these aren't conversations you have in real life. its self-pitying navel-gazing.

look you're bemoaning not being able to share things with people (friends, colleagues, gfs), but you aren't making the effort. if you want to actually feel better about yourself and who you are, you need to share yourself with people and be vulnerable.

Alright man. Well good luck

>meh

>its self-pitying navel-gazing
I mean, I'm not pitiful of myself or anything. I live a good / comfortable life.
>you aren't making the effort
>be vulnerable
I don't know what that looks like in application. What is it people are sharing?
Thank you. :-)