Great albums by bad bands

Great albums by bad bands

that isn't even their real magnum opus

bad albums by great bands*

I like other albums by Blink but yeah that's fair.

*bad albums by bad bands

I like every Blink album, but they're not in reality a good band. Travis is a sick drummer and Mark is a great bassplayer tho

incorrect quads

Their a fun band, to me Blink is the the musical equivalent of candy. It's nice and sugary, it's fun and tastes good in a certain context but at the same time it's cheap, simple and if you eat too much you can get sick. Their great at writing catchy hooks and overall it's enjoyable stuff.

I agree with that. That exactly how I feel about them

Considering how everything they've done since has been varying degrees of shit, I'd say Is This It by The Strokes

Came here to post this. It's unbelievable how good this is when the rest of their material is such trash.

I wouldn't call Arcade Fire bad, but Funeral is the only good album they made, and it is damn good.

Literally their worst album

Say what you want about LP (I certainly have) but at least they played whatever they wanted to play and felt comfortable with it. This feels like a bunch of 30-40 somethings playing teenager music.

How is the suburbs bad, i mean i can understand reflektor

I don't like Arcade Fire and I especially don't like this album, it has just never clicked for me.

Funeral > Neon Bible > Suburbs > Reflektor

The only album of his that's listenable

>Not liking Twin Fantasy, Nervous Young Man, or How to Leave Town

>Being able to find anything to like under all that lo-fi

Not even the strongest of talent could survive that

Personally I think that Funeral, for lack of better phrasing, is best to listen to after someone close to you dies. I listened to it a week after a friend of mine committed suicide and it gave me a feeling of closure.

that was first listen btw

Out of those three, twin fantasy is the only really lo-fi one. The other two are pretty well recorded. If you havent lsitened to them, i would

The Suburbs wasn't bad, per se, but it felt mediocre. The lyrics were great, the songwriting was bland. The title track was the only one I fully enjoyed.

Again, not saying it's bad. I just didn't like it.

I am by no means a music expert, you already know. However, I am a from beginning to end Linkin Park fan boy.

I tried so hard to like every album but there is always something that keeps me from listening to their albums more than 25 times.

I feel if the album starts strong but fizzles at the end, it isn't their best. That said...

Living Things is their best album for the consistency across the album to invoke powerful imagery and emotion in me.

Literally here for this. I'm not as savvy as probably anyone on this board but I think a major factor is that the emotions feel real, not angsty. Damn good sound overall as well. Again not your typical mu guy just my thoughts

I don't understand how people can listen to anything Manson made up until this one. Personally I found it all to be awful, then loved this one.

Also - if you kept listening to Linkin Park past Thousand Suns..I don't know how you did it. Living Things was a fucking shitty money grab regurgitation of half old sound and half terribly produced electronic psudo dubstep garbage.

So I know y'all never agree on shit but what's the approximate consensus on linkin park as a whole? I figure something along the lines of they got steadily better from HT to ATS then feel down after that

no theyre a good band

How is a band bad if they can make a great album?

Yeah, that album is great.

I would tend to agree with you however M2M was a slight dip in interest for me but still good. LT I just abandoned them, haven't even heard whatever album they are up to now. HT and M will always be godlike to the angsty teen inside me. ATS was a real honest effort and they accompanied it with the best live shows they ever did.

Did you like his single, "This is the New Shit"?