Radiohead

They are so godly. From Everything in its Right Place to Idioteque, the flow of this album is liquid. Not a single bad song, and watching Yorke dance to this music live is amazing.

Why is Greenwood based as fuck?

>Not a single bad song
In Limbo feels really messy and unfinished.

Optimistic is kind of mediocre too.

Treefingers is boring
Optimistic is boring
In Limbo is boring

Besides that, it's a good album.

I would argue that those songs are part of the pacing of the album. They are meant to be a buffer in between the really intense music. They bring you down from the high so nicely.

>"boring"

I can see what you're saying, and I'd be okay if it was only one track doing that, but 30% of the album has me zoning out. If it was only Treefingers, or if those songs were distributed throughout the album, I would've been fine. All three in a row is too much, for me, at least.

>"boring"

The song 'In Limbo' feels messy?

The one whose mission statement is to disorient and trap you in a haze of uncertainty?

Tell me more.

It's the best song on the album btw

In Limbo is the best song on the album u dolt

Well if you're really into the music any more than 3 consecutive high energy tracks would be draining and lose impact. Especially after nation anthem. Although, I can understand. every one of their albums has a few slower songs to juxtapose shit like bodysnatchers and 2×2=5

You what? Limbo is beautiful layering.

Can someone explain the songs Kid A, In Limbo, Morning Bell, and Untitled to me? I want to enjoy this album but these songs aren't making it easy.

Nevermind In Limbo. Still don't get the other 3 though.

Optimistic is a bit basic but still okay..

Treefingers is some beautiful ambient tunes. When you say boring I immediately assume you are just impatient.

In Limbo ..again I can't help but feel you're an impatient listener.

I can't explain Kid A even though I adore it

Kid A's morning bell is extremely frantic, nervous anxiety, wound up over and over again such that it spits itself out at you in fits and starts, so caught up in itself that it can't properly articulate the actual thought it's trying to get out

To be honest, I can't get past the first 5 seconds without giving the CD a 10. "Everything In Its Right Place" features one of the most hopeless, frightened atmospheres I have ever come across in music. I don't know how much Thom Yorke actually thinks about suicide, if at all, but this song is the PERFECT soundtrack for somebody whose life meaning has been destroyed. The soft echoing keyboard tones, Thom's pleading vocals set in perfect coordination with the four-chord rising self- annihilating ring of the music. The world is enormous and you are tiny in it. It's all too much to handle. The stress and loss and constant boredom and pain. I felt it when I was a teenager, and this song fucking BRINGS IT ALL BACK!!!

But then the album continues. Okay, so this is the album that everybody called "difficult" when it came out. What this means is that it is "creative," "non-traditional" and "interesting," and normal "modern rock" radio listeners aren't prepared to be, or interested in being, challenged. I don't mean to sound bitter - I just find it disappointing that "modern rock radio" claims to be on the cutting edge, yet all they play is bands that perfectly fit into pre-established popular genres. It's about ad sales and keeping your job, and I understand that, especially in this economy (my company had 130 people six months ago; now we're down to 13. YET I'M STILL THERE!?!?!?!?!). But I digerrs.

>But I digerrs

As long as women are taught to marry successful men, and men are taught that success means the ability to provide, and we base that ability on a sum of wealth, and we base the success of radio stations on their ability to inflate their listener-time values, I wouldn't expect anything different.

Colin IS godlike, nice to see him getting recognition

cant get into radiohead, its a chore to get through some of their albums.. snorefests , but OK Computer was probably the least boring

that's disappointing. I've only listened to kid a and ok computer and I was hoping i'd find a 10 in the other ones :P

Yea Everything In It's Right Place gives that vibe. But the song is so perfect that I get really into it and feel better immediately, regardless of the situation. When I listen to this album, the weight of everything else is lifted and listening is all I care about.

I've been listening to radiohead since I was 8, it's been a constant among everything. The fact the I haven't outgrown it, and that it still speaks to me more than any other album I've heard is a testament to them.

I don't still listen to Coldplay and green day like I used to, but radiohead is too fucking good.

well it might be worth giving all their albums a shot considering their rabid fanbase.. you could surprise yourself and become a fan, quite unlike what happened to me

Yeah that's why I gave okc a shot, because i figured it would be easier to find beauty in it than to shoot down the fanbase. took many listens, my first impression was 5/10. I'm pretty sure it's stockholm syndrome at this point.

I would avoid claiming people to be objectively wrong on a subjective premise. That's pretty fucking stupid.

That's not what I mean, I mean when we have these threads, and people say "post your essential 10/10s" and someone says its "irrefutable" and "accessible" when it just plain isnt.

Horrible b8

Now please kys