Can someone please tell me what the fuck a 'real music' is?

Can someone please tell me what the fuck a 'real music' is?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mpbv4SLyyfM
youtube.com/watch?v=GvD3CHA48pA
youtube.com/watch?v=OzsGmdmhDTI&app=desktop
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

whatever Sup Forums likes

The music I like.

real music:
burt bacharach

not real music:
beyonce, beach house, swans the list goes

A Macbook is not an instrument.

da musics been in u the whole time

no such thing as real music. if I like the sound of my fart, I sample it and call it music.

birdsong

real music: youtube.com/watch?v=mpbv4SLyyfM

fake music: youtube.com/watch?v=GvD3CHA48pA

The top one is legitimate because it has its roots in punk and jazz, two musical movements about self-expression and emotional release that are ideally untethered to consumption.

The second is fake because it has its roots in teen pop and metal, two genres that exist with sales as the primary aim. They are meant to be consumed cheaply, and as such they degrade the human condition.

Music is invisible.

you can't even hold it.

I heard noise. Seems like music to me.

That's how they trick you.

>punk
>untethered to consumption

top fucking kek son.

>metal
>exists with sales as its primary aim

i dont think you understand metal...

>jazz
>not being mass-produced noodling

It's almost guaranteed that some idiots buy it.

>fake music
it's either music or not (for example a bottle of water is not music. a song is music even if it's shitty). wether you like it or not doesn't make it "real" or "fake".
btw you have to be atleast 18 to post on this board.

What if the macbook came before instruments? Would instruments be considered faggy then?

whenever I heard somebody saying "real" or "fake" music I instantly know they are either 14 year olds or they just got into music and still believe in the concept of "le musix i dont like is fake xDDD".

Like, when i was 13 i felt superior because I listened to metal and thought that was the only "real music".
I got over that phase a lot of time ago and if you're still in that phase I hope you're 13-14 or you should stop listening to music altogheter.

I can tell you've been listening to fake music all your life. If you ever heard real music it would either blow your mind, or you just wouldn't know what to make of it.

Wow, the millionth person who's too fundamentally pleby to get into jazz

please, do tell me the deep musical power of Bruce Dickinson and Varg Vikernes, this ought to be good

>the millionth person

Keep deluding yourself that there are people who don't profess their adoration of jazz.

>too fundamentally pleby to get into jazz

I was into jazz as much as everyone, then I began to expand my taste and noticed how many musical factors and devices it completely ignores.

I used to post on this board around 3-4 years ago and now every once in a while I come by and find myself surprised that nothing ever changes here.

Kids who just got into music, praising Sup Forumsestablished albums thinking they got some magic revelation and are above everybody else in the music game.

Kids like in this thread who divide music arbitrarily - this is real that is fake, like they actually have access to some objective truth. "Good I'm not like THOSE people who listen to this fake music!!!" I'm sorry I'm a little ranty today but you sound exacty like kids born in le wrong generation with a slight Sup Forums aftertaste. Jazz is great and jazz is shit like any other genre, don't think you're some kind of elite for listetning to it.

I actually have a conception that 60% people making threads here are here not much longer than half a year, most people who are here longer than say 2 years are just sitting in sharethreads or become annoying trips. And then there are people like me who had a shitty day at work and kinda want to vent somewhere but lose actual interest halfway through their rant.

> just as much as everyone
I call bullshit. Most people aren't into jazz and many of the ones who claim to like jazz listen to the most bland stuff as background music. Good jazz is as emotionally powerful and cathartic as any other good type of music.
In the posts above I was just trying to get under people's skin with this silly real/fake music thing, but now I feel like being serious

'TRUE jazz is good.'

Well, it doesn't get much more discussion-terminating than this.

sounds of nature

Music that you can't understand
youtube.com/watch?v=OzsGmdmhDTI&app=desktop

I don't know, only jazz that interested me when I was a kid was free and avant-garde, but then I got ADD so maybe that's why. Now I'm more into mellow stuff