Bullet for My Valentine
Avenged Sevenfold
Five Finger Death Punch
Papa Roach
etc.

but that album is good as hell

reminder

Huh.

Not really edgy enough, too many mainstream people/plebs/normies listen to it.

>For those who had missed the singles, the lyrics on their first album, Delete Yourself (DHR, 1995), recorded between october 1993 and february 1994, sounded like they were coming straight out of 1977 punk-rock. The album's sound, a very noisy and chaotic mix of guitar samples, distorted breakbeats, 909, manga samples and shouting, and its political overtones (with the declared goal of "not to reform the system, to destroy the system"), virtually reinvented the mission of dance music in the wake of the triumph of western-style capitalistic values.
>Manga samples

Fucking scaruffi man.

I have yet to meet one teenager who listens to ATR

Does anyone have a link for this while we're on the subject all the links in the archive are dead & i need to ideologically rebel against my parents

>manga samples

doesn't he mean "anime samples"? how the fuck do you sample a manga in music?

no
sometimes
some of those
yes, but somewhat outdated

considering the average age here you'd think people would know what edgecore is like these days

>claims to love music

>doesn't know where to find music

>[album name] + blogspot
:^)

Maybe it's a translation error? He can't be that dumb

based piero literally has perfect taste

Everyone knows manga has better voice acting than anime

youtube.com/watch?v=btiK4aXrK20

he's an old italian who obviously hasn't dedicated his formative years to anime like so many of us here have, cut the man some slack.

what is it according to you then?

Is there even edgecore nowadays?

if you're going by popular edgecore, unironically shit like 21P, Panic! At The Disco, and Halsey. My younger sister is going through her hot topic hipster/edgelord phase and genuinely thinks she listens to 'underground' music and that nobody knows who those bands are.
Not too much. Things have become a bit too homogonized to be the distinct think it used to be.

it would actually be pretty cool if Scaruffi did a "History Of Anime" and made "greatest anime/manga" lists and did rankings for hundreds of different anime...

Maybe if I was a teenager back in 1995 :^)

Anything that's not classical or your childhood favorites for the occasional nostalgia dose

There's no actual edgy teenager subculture in this generation. Edginess has kind of diluted itself into the mainstream so now all teenagers are cynical and can appreciate "dark" things, but they rarely build their identity around that, and when they try to, they don't really have a defined area of pop culture/fashion/music to draw from anymore.

The closest you'd get are tumblrgoths who listen to witch house and shoegaze, but those are in their 20s.

The Paper Chase is god tier edgy angst music

youtube.com/watch?v=mPSygZwKfEU

also from the same band, 'John Congleton and The Nighty Nite'

youtube.com/watch?v=UeQQBhdZKVk

What would be his top 10?

Those aren't really edgy, maybe they're hipster to some really out of touch people, but not really edgy in the same way metalcore could be called edgy

I know, hence why I said what I did in the second part of my post
edgecore is barely a thing now, it's basically just angsty pop because if it wasn't it probably wouldn't gain mainstream appeal now

the closest we have is his 'history of comic art' which includes manga

scaruffi.com/art/comics.html

I know I should get mad at him for listing SnK, but what really gets me pissed off is that he listed one of Shirow's worst mangas instead of the superior ones like Dominion: Conflict and Appleseed.

desu the list is kinda weird overall (like there's NGE and Simpsons there which are both much more important as animations than as comics) and I get the feel that Mr. Scruffy hasn't actually read everything he has listed.

Yeah I'm getting a strong "1910: MUSIC STARTED" vibe from his list.

ATR is objectively better than Alec Empire though

Shit album

Good album, but it is the definition of edginess