What do You think about Bjork? Debut is a very good album IMO

What do You think about Bjork? Debut is a very good album IMO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8-QNxD56p_U
youtube.com/watch?v=MI3eSI68JNE
shop.bjork.com/vulnicura-live-boxset.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I love her, but I think Debut is kind of outdated. Compare Debut with Post, Homogenic, Vespertine , or Vulnicura. It sounds to me like you just got into her.

Not him but Debut just has shitty mastering and production quality. Instrumentally, it's one of her best and her most conscious (besides Homogenic and Vulnicura)

I love me some post

It's true, that's why I'm asking about Your opinions. Looking forward to check out these albums.

You will love definitely love Post then, but Vespertine is the best IMO

I thought to check her out after listening Niggas on the Moon, which is my favourite DG album so far

Interestingly enough, her vocals are practically an instrument for that entire album. But if you love NOTM, you will love Vespertine which are pretty similar in the liking.

Never listened to her for whatever reason, what album should I start with?

Is this album kind of avant garde?

Probably Post. But give it a chance and try to listen to the entire album

If you don't count anything before debut she's consistently put out great albums also selmasongs is underrated although I can see why people can get into it

Post got the highest peaks.
Homogenic is the most consistent one.
Vespertine is GOAT, and comfy af.

*cant get into it

No, it is an electronic art pop record, with songs that feature traditional instrumentation. It's a very sexy and heavenly listen. I wouldn't call NOTM "avant garde" in my opinion.

Vulnicura is essentially the sequel to Vespertine in terms of song topics.

You know what I meant

Take out Aeroplane and Come to Me and it's a perfect album. The B-sides from that era are all much better than those two tracks

It isn't avant garde, why do you think it is is avant garde?

>Take out Aeroplane and Come to Me

You cannot be serious...

It is Art Pop. There is an instrumental track, she sings in a variety of ways, etc.

It is more adventurous than most pop albums, and there iis a variety of moods and tones. But it is still very popy and most songs are about different kinds of love.

I was asking if it was kind of experimental, not avant garde as a genre

Then why didn't you just say experimental?

It's the same if you are not talking about genres. Jesus christ you got nothing better to do?

There is a definite difference between Avant-Garde and Experimental.

Read previous post again.

I know, but you are using "Avant-Garde" in a way that doesn't describe genres right? In that case it still "Avant-Garde" isn't the exactly the same as describing something as "Experimental" in any context.

I LOVE BJORK SOMEBODY HELP

You should also check out Medulla if you got into her because of NOtM

Thank You, will check that out

Ok, so after fist listening it's too.. "Funny" for me, I want something chaotic, fast. Any ideas?

youtube.com/watch?v=8-QNxD56p_U

?

Jesus, YES!

Homogenic might be up your alley then...

I'm shocked. After listening to Debut I thought she is just like Massive Attack or sth. Is she a female version of Bowie?

(Does she change her style on every album?)

Yeah, I would say so.

Anyone else think Biophilia is Björk at her very best? Man, there's something about that record.

she looks so fucking creepy in the OP's picture, how am I only one who pointed this out so far???

i want to fuck her until both of our genitals are pouring blood..

Clatter, crash, clack!
Racket, bang, thump!
Rattle, clang, crack, thud, whack, bam!

what if i told u my favorite bjork album is the one she made when she was 12

Debut and Post are my favorites actually. Pure nostalgic joy

Yeah she looks like a ghost...

a·vant-garde
ˌaväntˈɡärd/
noun
new and unusual or experimental ideas, especially in the arts, or the people introducing them.

you've been on Sup Forums too long. its an actual word.

she looks like she's wearing contact lenses

still would desu

BIG

Not a solo work, but this one is probably my favorite right now....

Otherwise I like Post and Medúlla

Nothing wrong with that, there's some decent sounding songs on there.

All her albums are good, some better than others, she is stuff of legends, next level, up there with all the greats of the modern era.

youtube.com/watch?v=MI3eSI68JNE

She'd start bleeding fast from all of your edges

I'm crying the new mix of Come To Me is gonna be on Vulnicura live shop.bjork.com/vulnicura-live-boxset.html
>exclusive 3d low polygon bjork moth paper mask

a·vant-garde
ˌaväntˈɡärd/
noun
new and unusual or experimental ideas, especially in the arts, or the people introducing them.

If it's using established norms than it's not. If it's trying new things in new ways then it is.

cum tribute

dawwwww what a qt

>that movie
don't remind me...;_;