This album is almost fifty years old and still sounds fresh as fuck. its fuckin incredible

this album is almost fifty years old and still sounds fresh as fuck. its fuckin incredible.

what are some other old albums that still sound fresh today?

V:D:C sounds as if it was made a year or two ago despite being released in '03. It's not that old, but still.

Freak Out! has always managed to stay fresh for me. It's also 50 years old next week.

Interesting thread.

What about We're Only In It For Money?

Bowie's Low

The Doors S/T
Kraftwerk's MM and TEE
Talking Heads Remain in Light

Pet Sounds is probably the too obvious answer.

Velvet Underground really is the perfect timeless band though. Ahead of their time in so many ways.

Many shoegaze albums sound like they could have come out yesterday. The genre was really ahead of its time

I feel the opposite way actually. It sounds extremely dated.

also Steely Dan discography

Tago Mago

If you honestly think that any of those albums sound new or modern, you really need to listen to more forward-thinking contemporary music.

both sonic youth and steely dan are awful

recommendations?

Tell me a noise rock album from the past decade til now that doesnt sound like TVU&N or WL/WH

are you proud of having shitaste?

I can understand Sonic Youth (Teenage Riot is still a great song, though), but not liking Steely Dan is 100% plebeian.

I guess it depends what you're interested in, but some albums of the past couple years which I think to be original and cutting-edge are:
Kassel Jaeger, Stephan Mathieu & Akira Rabelais - Zauberberg
Anthony Braxton - 3 Compositions (EEMHM) 2011
Graham Lambkin & Jason Lescalleet - Photographs
Clara Iannotta - A Failed Entertainment
Keith Rowe & John Tilbury - enough still not to know
Michael Pisaro - Continuum Unbound
Sofia Gubaidulina - Chamber Music With Double Bass
Species pluralis (Taku Unami & Jarrod Fowler) - Any of their 3 EPs
Innercity Ensemble - II
Taku Sugimoto - Septet
Tim Berne's Snakeoil - You've Been Watching Me
Keiji Haino, Jim O'Rourke & Oren Ambarchi - Imikuzushi
Melt-Banana - fetch
Ed Wood - Post-Mortem Lovers
Body/Head - Coming Apart

The doors s/t sounds incredibly dated bruh

perfection
pet sounds is really dated (still great tho)

god, you are boring

I'm sorry for not jerking off to the same 60's rock groups as you

Personally, most "classics", (well, rym-type classics, not Rolling Stone classics, even though there's obvious overlap) have aged well.

a large majority of these artist are not "cutting edge"
Unless you care to explain why?

This whole thread sucks.

Seconded. I don't get the boners everyone on Sup Forums has for this album. It's not bad, not great. Far from the best VU album and Nico's vocals make me want to punch things (not in the good way that Gun Club or At the Drive In do for me). Plus it just sounds like... well, really old music.

this chart makes me irrationally angry
and yes i know the source of it and yes i know the post is bait but fuck man
knowing someone unironically made that chart is annoying

we're only in it for the money will never exactly be "fresh" given the subject matter, but that's not to say it hasn't aged like wine.