ITT: albums with one glaring flaw

Other urls found in this thread:

www27.zippyshare.com/v/iWyhHvWi/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The production?

what's the flaw

The Error on frankie M.

Rape?

I would have never even noticed it if you faggots didn't bring it up. Fuck all of you.

STOP
STTTTOOOOPP
It is obviously intentional!!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Sup Forums doesn't know what a cymbal mute is

I'm convinced 95% of the people on here have never played an instrument

The mixing? There's very little low-end.

Jesus wept, dude, get over it already. Yes, one tiny drum glitch in a two hour album...

What's this drum glitch we're even talking about?

I agree, it's too long
It's just one guy shitposting

Where is it? I can't hear it

I've listened to the album 6 times and so far I can't hear it either. Nobody seems to be able to point out the exact second it happens, so I'm thinking this is some kind of new meme or troll.

15:36 on Frankie M

It's around 15:36 of Frankie M
It's not a cymbal choke like some idiots on here might imply.

Why are people saying this? The mixing recording, engineering and mastering was done by the same group of people gira used for The Seer? The mixing sounds different on this album because there is a lot more going on. You can actually hear all of the instruments on this album, they don't get completely drowned out by the drums and bass tracks like parts of The Seer and TBK.

it's clearly cut off in the production, but what is the problem? Why is it necessarily a flaw? The song is shifting to a new section at that point. I think it makes sense.

How long have you been playing drums?

Just heard it, it does sound like a very fast mute as nothing else in the mix is at fault during that part.

Is it a glaring flaw or a glowing flaw?

not him, but I have played drums for almost 10 years. You can't mute a cymbal that quickly. Especially a crash hit that hard. The cymbal continues to resonate even after you clamp upon it.

It was supposed to be like that. Check The Gate's version, around 16:31, it's just done quicker in the album.

Reminder that Swans record the long songs 'live'.

intellectualism

Finally some closure on this issue. Can you upload the gate version to youtube?

So I can't find a version that isn't live.
Link?

>not him, but I have played drums for almost 10 years. You can't mute a cymbal that quickly
You must not be a very good drummer then. I've worked with several; drummers who could.

Hi Rebbit. You should swallow a razor blade before you climb into bed tonight. Thanks.

It doesn't even sound like a natural choke though. It sounds like something was just cut out that was initially there.

Reminder that Swansfans actually say things like this.

Sorry but I can't, my internet speed is too slow and I'm posting from my phone because my ISP is banned. This is my last post and I hope you can find the live version, my dear friend.

Won't upload the whole track but I wouldn't mind throwing a clip of that transition online for you.

>some people who listen to a very popular band are edgelords therefore all of them are

please don't

am i supposed to be surprised that they're all edgelords

Not all.

Just 92% of them

I'd argue that 92% of Swans fans are tolerable and a good 8% are willing to embarrass themselves with fucking horrible puns for the sake of upvotes.

>8% are willing to embarrass themselves with fucking horrible puns for the sake of upvotes
not disagreeing but that's seriously the way that the shitty portion of any niche's fanbase is in the present day, fucking normies

you already know
(it's the ending of starchild)

It's a choke. The whole point of a choke in modern rock/jazz/funk is to mute or outright halt any lingering sounds when transitioning from one section of a song to another. In the instance of Frankie M, this is where it happens: when transitioning from one section to another.

Hey, I didn't say I was a swans fan anyways, I just came here to figure out this one misplaced piece of sound that ruined the entire album for OP cause he's sensitive, and happened to make a pun from it.

That would be great user, I'm sure it's a choke, just want confirmation to shut up people going on about it.

It fucking does not sound like a choke.

>I'd argue that 92% of Swans fans are tolerable
Based on this board and the ones I've seen IRL, not really.
>willing to embarrass themselves with fucking horrible puns for the sake of upvotes.
Looks like you are the horrible percentile
>fucking normies

It's just a bit painful to listen to at some points. Especially the vocals; they're so sharp and hard in the mix that they can be a bit ear-piercing at times, and not in a good way.

That was a perfectly appropriate and respectable way to respond to a minor post. :^)

literally the least important thing I could possibly imagine

It also does not sound like an error

I thought the mix on this was the best of the new swans albums, you can pick out and hear almost every instrument, the balance is great. On The Seer and TBK, a lot of the instrumentation gets drowned out in parts by the heavy bass and drum tracks.

So you're either b8ing or you seldom get out much. Either way, wew.

Also zero puns were made. Kindly fuck off.

I thought so too. :^}

Yes. It does.

Why?

>fuck off.

It was mastered by the same guy (Doug Henderson) Who mastered The Seer. It's not an error, it's a quick choke, it sounds like an "error" because he mutes it at the perfect time and it doesn't reverberate or linger.

Reminder that people insist that you fuck off? Are you trying to start a new meme or copypasta here? Please mosey back over to Imgur as soon as humanly possible.

Nice argument.

Are you a cutter?

Here's the transition from The Gate (Live) version of Frankie M. If it's there it's infinitely smoother. I'll let you guys be the judge.

www27.zippyshare.com/v/iWyhHvWi/file.html

Nice rebuttal.

Are you an autist?

can somebody post this and the studio version to clyp.it or something

I'm waiting for my LP to arrive before listening to TGM

Fuck you both.
-The Pun Master

>Nice rebuttal.
Were you excepting one? What are you looking for?
>Are you an autist?
Nope. Answer my question please.

I bet you guys didn't even know there's a drum error in Kid A on the song Morning Bell

Yeah after hearing that, it's a mixing fuck up. Ahh well.

Where?

Why would I be "a cutter"? I'm looking for the logic behind why you'd try so hard in such an insignificant Sup Forums thread.

>Why would I be "a cutter"?
Oh aren't you a Swansfan, or just a passerby in the thread?

Is that a yes or a no?
>I'm looking for the logic behind why you'd try so hard
Oh I assure you this is very easy.

2:46 on my version

The error is that shitass version of Morning Bell that they threw into Amnesiac

the drums are desynched from the rest of the instruments multiple times through the album

>Swansfan

You keep typing this and all I can picture is an obese memelord laying on his side, huffing and puffing on some embers in an attempt to start a new joke ablaze. I don't know what your deal is but it's fascinating and I've honestly never seen anything quite like it from either side of the Swans spectrum.

And I have absolutely no doubt that shit-posting on a Saturday night is as mindless and second-nature for you as you're suggesting it is. Didn't mean to doubt your mad Sup Forums skillz friendo. :)

That's just a delayed snare hit. It's not an error.

>You keep typing this and all I can picture is an obese memelord laying on his side, huffing and puffing on some embers in an attempt to start a new joke ablaze
I've never met a Swansfan like that. it's possible they exist though

Didn't answer my question though. that's interesting.

When?

I guess it is "glitch" music after all, so it's an "intentional error" just like people are arguing this is.
Said it's in Mourning Bell of Amnesiac. I'll have to check it out

>It's a glitch so i'm still right and it was intentional.
fuck you

>so it's an "intentional error"
If it's intentional, it's not an error at all is it?

if they just kept the first two minutes of moonchild the record would be so perfect. but then it devolves into literal wank for 12 minutes

Do people actually enjoy posting things like this?

This.

Moonchild would the so much better if they kept the first 2 minutes, got rid of all the instrumental shit after, then put the last 30 seconds to lead into TCOTCK.

it's not a fucking cymbal mute you idiot. it's done in the production. I would say it's intentional, but it's not a cymbal mute. You clearly have not played drums, or else you would know that the timbre becomes darker when you mute a cymbal. The cymbal cuts out way too quickly, and the timbre does not change. It isn't a cymbal mute.

go be a retard somewhere else, bud. Sup Forums won't miss you.