Is there a big difference between flacs and wavs...

Is there a big difference between flacs and wavs? I've been converting all of my mp3s to flac for about a year now but I've noticed that wavs are significally bigger in size. Does that mean that wavs are superior in terms of quality?

Hurry, before the velociraptors jump onto your records.

>I've been converting all of my mp3s to flac
I really hope you're fucking around, converting lossy music to a lossless format doesn't improve it.

google will tell you what you need to know probably, if you care about the difference between two lossless codecs lol

For humans who have human ears, please use MP3 V0. roughly speaking, your 3.5mm jack generates more thermal noise than you'd hear if you transcode down to 320.

>I've been converting all of my mp3s to flac for about a year now

I misread.
> I've been converting all of my mp3s to flac for about a year now

if you're being serious then we have a problem here

>Does that mean that wavs are superior in terms of quality?
much more that the quality of your b8

>For humans who have human ears, please use MP3 V0
But you are losing frequencies.

I convert all my files so that they are less compatible with software with no tangible benefit too user, don't worry

What do you mean? I notice a difference in quality when I convert them. Mp3 are compressed, so they should sound better when they're uncompressed.

not any relevant ones.

>sounds the artist specifically meant me to hear
>are not relevant

yeah but mp3 files aren't like .rar's
they only have the information the compression left, what was lost can't be recovered with the same file.

youre basically shrinking and stretching an image in ms paint

>I've been converting all of my mp3s to flac

>being this stupid
If your song is already compressed (mp3), you cannot "incompress" it, it's like if you have a pic in .jpeg and you convert it into a .png, definition won't improve, or at worst it would become shittier because you converted it into another format

>I've been converting all of my mp3s to flac for about a year now but I've noticed that wavs are significally
Do you know anything?

/thread
Flac is a meme

>sounds that are not audible to the human ear

I have been converting all my bitches to hos

XD