Was he the most patrician Beatle?

Was he the most patrician Beatle?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GXF66qZgSR8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yep. From 1968 to his death he was a greater songwriter and musician than his Beatles counterparts

The deakin of beatles

>not Ringo

I can get behind this.

more like the geologist

>played the sitar
yes

no

it's still lennon/paul don`t be a contrarian just give in and accept it

Go away. Madman and bigman are meme artists. George is the most patrician

ringo is geologist you cocks

it should be 'ol flattop, not "bigman"

paul released 2 albums that are better than any beatles albums so i'll go with him

no because geologist actually adds to the band in a significant way unlike ringo

His 2 greatest Beatles songs were While My Guitar gently Weeps and Something

but Lennon/McCarthy have all the other greats, I mean A Day in The Life come on

I really don't like Lennon. There's just something about him and his style that puts me off. McCartney, I don't love either but, he was more tolerable in my opinion.

George is my fave. His first solo album is fucking killer.

John
George
Ringo
Paul

>implying Blue Jay Way isn't the best Beatles song

pleb
McCartney is the plebiest, he basically made glorified show tunes.

fucking this, mccartney's shit is cringey

"guys look at me! look how quirky and silly i'm being!"

that's in Magical Mystery Tour right? haven't listened to that album in years, so im not sure about that song

It's in Magical Mystery Tour

youtube.com/watch?v=GXF66qZgSR8

(Nice dubs)
(Nice trips)

No love for Don't Bother Me? (Or I Need You to a lesser extent) And yes, Blue Jay Way is from Magical Mystery Tour.

Do you mean Wonderwall?

Yes love for Don't Bother Me and I Need You, they are good first songs (A lot better than my first songs at least), but Blow Job Way is a great song and a mature one, as it explores various and effective uses and combinations with simple and interesting resources.

>McCartney is the plebiest, he basically made glorified show tunes.

I don't see anything wrong with that
I also like Bowie's debut

I mostly like quirky pop over most pop

goddamn i did't even notice the trips

Just listened to Blue Jay Way again and it's quite good, but I honestly think that they have way better songs

my top 5 would probably be
1. A Day in The Life
2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps
3. Something
4. Come Together
5. Blackbird

Don't Bother Me and I Need You are good, but as the other dude said, their songs after Rubber Soul are just more mature

Congratulations. Two of your top five songs were written by George Harrison. (While My Guitar Gently Weeps and Something)

yeah i know, i mentioned that on my first post never said Harrison was bad or anything, just said that Lennon-McCarthy wrote a bigger part of the great Beatles songs, and that's just not deniable

A Day in The Life is Lennon-McCarthy
Come Together is Lennon
Blackbird is McCarthy

I gotta agree with what appears to be the majority and say George. He was always quiet and reserved, but doing his own thing with passion. Lennon had the personality and I like watching his interviews, but George always seemed the most genuine and I love his solo stuff best.

While My Guitar and Something are definitely in my top Beatles songs as well as All Too Much, which was another Harrison track and probably the most underrated Beatles song

Shit opinions. McCartney was the closest thing they had to a Brian Wilson. He might not have been as concerned with boundary pushing as the rest, but just from a songwriting and melody perspective he was a genius.

The probably is we already have Brian Wilson, we don't need a broadway version

John definitely wrote the better early stuff
Ask me Why
Not a Second Time
This Boy
These are all great songs

And let's not forget It's Only a Northern Song, another underrated Harrison classic from the Yellow Submarine soundtrack.

it's all simplistic plonky plonk Grand 'Ole Opry type melodies though. Paul's songs always stick out like a sore thumb. Don't get me wrong, I love a lot of them and the contrast those songs provide on an album but they do come off a bit childish.

Absolutely. Another favorite.

Yeah he's getting a lot of shit in this thread, but come on he's a fucking musical genius (i mean granted, so were Lennon and Harrison), one of the greatest ears for melody in popular music history

I feel like Sup Forums always claims Harrison was the best Beatle to be contrarian IDK

Stop pretending that those were the only things he made. People also forget that Lennon/McCartney was their writing credit and thus even songs not known as "Paul" songs were heavily influenced and improved by his ear.

it's McCartney you twisted animal

george only had like 3-4 song that were on the level of paul and lennon

>Wah-Wah
>Within You Withour You
>Here Comes the Sun
>His two songs for Yellow Submarine
>While My Guitar Gently Weeps
>Piggies
>Run of the Mill
>It's a Pity
>If Not for You

Yes he is

>If I Needed Someone
>Taxman
>Within You Without You
>Lady Madonna

so much good stuff

Not Lady Madonna actually. I usually dislike most of Paul McCartney's stuff, but that song kicks ass.

oh right, that's clearly a McCartney song
I dunno what I was thinking
but yeah it's a goodun

meh paul was deep into patrish stuff first in the 60s but just didnt put it in his material for the most part

what kinda patrish stuff?

avant-garde tape music mostly
he was big into Stockhausen in 65/66 and dicked around with tape manipulation a lot at home. The "seagulls" on Tomorrow Never Knows were sped-up loops of Paul laughing that he recorded himself.

Yes.

These and Old Brown Shoe, a George b-side, are some of my top Beatles songs.
I really enjoyed Lennon's experimentation (things like Revolution 9 and the noise/avant-garde he did with Yoko) but I think George may be my favorite overall, I really enjoy his sitar tracks and his guitar playing was great.