Help me find new shit to listen to

Becoming bored with my music, suggestions for new artists? Pic related, my library

Try You'd Prefer an Astronaut by Hum

>your favorite martian
isn't that the ray william johnson meme band? Go away

Going through bargain bins at CD stores and Goodwills always helps me find some stuff. If you don't have the money or don't want to go to the store, you could always pull something you find interesting from some sharethreads.

this

If this image serves as any indication, you've not even scratched the surface of music, because of which my recommendation to you is the sticky, or google.

I don't care which you choose, so long as you never post such a shitty, vapid thread ever again.

We need to start handing out bans for threads like this. I'm fucking tired of them.

You've got a long way to go family
Try this, pretty accessible but a bit long.

is this library actually the entire effort you put in before you asked Sup Forums

well, your library is really small man
can't even rec properly because I guarantee that if you stay on Sup Forums your taste will be completely different within a couple of months, you'll listen to completely new shit

just listen to the most basic Sup Forumscore and lurk a lot

start with this, it's a good "eye-opening" album

Go to the front page of Sup Forums, check every thread, and go listen to the first thing that you've never listen to. Doesn't matter what it is, doesn't matter if it's fag music or nigger music or meme music or whatever, go listen to it. Then move on to the next thing. It's not hard.

And yeah , for fuck's sakes.

Looks like it. It's clearly alphabetical, and the cropped upper and lower edges suggest there's nothing before G and after Y.

Some shitty 7-band "library" is the culminations of his efforts, yet he thinks he can come here and we'll exert ourselves generating "recs" to compensate for his own fucking apathetic lazy piece of shit ass.

Holy shit stop being nice to him. You're implying that his conduct is OK, when it's not. Stop condoning this bullshit.

creed

Unfortunately this is not Sup Forums, Sup Forums actively encourages newfags to be new. It's awful.

why is it bad that im being nice to him?

is he ruining your secret club you elitist?

>why is it bad
See and the first response in .

He's actively disrespecting you and the entirety of this board by posting such lazy, low-effort threads begging to be spoonfed.

Further, he's being insincere. This thread implies that the OP is trying to cultivate some sense of taste in music, that he's an interest in it. But no one with a legitimate interest in music, or any artistic medium, would so blatantly ask to be spoonfed when they've done nothing to explore said medium themselves.

>is he ruining your secret club you elitist
I love how fucking predictable you retards are.

Again: Look at his fucking library. It consists of 7 (S E V E N) BANDS. To even THINK that someone could muster a decent recommendation from such a narrow pool is folly, but he doesn't even NEED recommendations when just looking at OP's in the catalog he's bound to find 5-10 albums he hasn't listened to! His fucking library is so small, that it's hard to believe he's a sincere interest in expanding his taste!

I MEAN SEVEN FUCKING MUSICIANS? S E V EN ?

>disrespecting you
lmao no just saw his picture laughed and replied with help

but seriously chill man, you're taking this whole thing way too seriously, can't believe you wrote all that shit kek

maybe take a break from Sup Forums once in a while, if you take it this seriously, we're all just fucking around m8, its just a website

>lmao no
Lmao yes, and I just fucking used logic to explain why. Whether or not you're conscious of it or not is of no fucking weight.

>you're taking this whole thing way too seriously
No I'm not. Threads like this are becoming more prolific by the month, and my patience dissipating with each one. We have a sticky for a fucking reason, to deter threads like this which serve ultimately no fucking purpose because a person that's listened to SEVEN FUCKING MUSICIANS AND WANTS TO EXPAND THEIR LIBRARY DOESN'T NEED "RECOMMENDATIONS," THEY NEED TO JUST FUCKING LISTEN TO WHATEVER THEY FIND, WHENEVER THEY FIND IT, AND THE STICKY SERVES THAT PURPOSE TO GREAT EFFECT.

This is like going to fucking /lit/ having read 1984 and The Great Gatspy and creating and sincerely creating a thread to get "recommendations" based on your "reading history."

This is like going to /fit/ and creating a thread wherein you ask how fucking jog.

That you don't realize these things speaks solely to the sharp decline of this board.

I don't think you realize that Sup Forums is like 90% newfags. And a month later most of them leave and get replaced by even newer newfags. You've probably been here too long and should go somewhere else.

thanks for these truepasta, I had a good kek

delete this post, that's a ridiculous assertion.

go to bed unty

>I don't think you realize that Sup Forums is like 90% newfags
and this is fine, why?

>Getting this mad over a post on the internet
Have sex man holy shit

i recommend killing yourself

lol fag

Hey unty

u are mad as hell

These.

unty it's time to stop. being this angry all the time can't be healthy

>tfw unty user is actually completely right
LE MAD XD

these threads are cancer
newfags are why Sup Forums declines in quality
the fewer the better

ignoring these quarrelsome internet tough guys.. try out
death from above 1979 - youre a woman, im a machine
closure in moscow - pink lemonade
royal blood - s/t
the dillinger esc plan - ire works
drive like jehu - yank crimes
refused - the shape of punk to come
'68 - in humor and sadness

some music i enjoy thats a bit varied.. i do love me some ratm though

Hey unty

Here's the thing about unty. The man has some serious autism. He is at the absolute top of the spectrum and he excells at shitposting. He wrote brilliant copypastas. And his meme ability was only matched by Donald Trump. Seriously, watch unty post in a sharethread and then read through Trump's twitter. We have better thank our lucky stars unty hasn't gone into politics or he will take over the world. But tripfags as a whole have a brilliant dynamic. It wasn't just the unty backup shitposters. They all make huge creative contributions to what makes Sup Forums what it is. Yes, unty posted his named pictures of random girls, how all women are whores, and long autistic rants, but Montie posted aboat Oasis, Aaron posted about Geyser Bastion, and Proge Man posted a picture of himself. Other boards like /r9k/ for instance are not like that. /r9k/ is basically just the Sup Forums backup board. Sup Forums is this perfect storm of legendary shitposts, and unty is the face of it all, the delicious cherry on top of an already delicious sundae. He is the ambassador that allows the amazing autism of combo that is Sup Forums to be brought into our lives. He is the prism that focuses the lazer beams from the brains of all tripfags and amplifies them until they are powerful enough to make us blow our minds out with a gun. Yes, he is the most incredible shitposter to ever live, hands down.

>implying you aren't a newfag as well
>implying everyone wasn't a newfag at one time

wow you must be a joy to be around.. dude is looking for new music, id rather see threads like this one than cunts like you tryin to feel hard on an anonymous internet board

Yep, music has become fashion. Most newfags simply don't care enough to sit down and discover music for themselves. They want to be told what to like.

fuck off newfag

>dude is looking for new music
The dude has listened to SEVEN fucking albums. When you've listened to SEVEN fucking musicians, you don't need to LOOK for new music, and you certainly don't need to create threads here for it, because new music will COME TO YOU because your library consists of SEVEN FUCKING MUSICIANS.

I don't know why I even fucking bother at this point. I've said this before, in this thread, and outside of it, and the result's always the same.

There's no hope for this place.

*dude has listened to SEVEN fucking musicians

relax bro, youre on an anonymous image board trying to yell at a stranger through your keyboard. you needa reassess your life

Hey unty

basically, I really do feel like asking for recs is why everyone's taste is the same. I think newfags would be infinitely better just giving a resource and discovering for themselves. They'll develop much more unique taste and will lead to the board being much more diverse. I've never thought of spoonfeeding as a problem until recently, but I realized that it's pretty much why every chart thread has the same few albums in every chart.

I know you're probably just shitposting but I'm gonna give you some reccs anyway

For one, google the Sup Forumscore chart, there's a lot of great stuff on there that you might enjoy

Remember that music is subjective, and all these people hating on you for not listening to underground music are dumb. The only thing that matters is that you WANT to listen to new things.

Welcome to Sup Forums, ignore the toxicity, listen to new things, and enjoy the cancer! :)

im still failing to see the issue here.. you are actually being affected by this, which is unhealthy guy. you could have saved loads of energy by noticing the thread, not posting your judgement and discontent with it, and carrying on with your life. but now you are throwing a tantrum on Sup Forums because somebody wanted a few recs

>And a month later most of them leave
where do they go I want to escape this shit website please god

fucking beautiful

maybe it partially plays into charts having the a few of the same albums but i think that more stems from them containing great music , and from similar tastes overlapping.. this is a specific music board that i feel draws certain types of people to it.. for instance the majority of music i see being lauded here is melodramatic sadboi tunes for the 'im so depressed' feels..

Even if Sup Forums stopped giving out recs, RYM isn't going anywhere.

Let's face it, Sup Forumscore, or whatever, the most commonly recommended and listened to albums on Sup Forums, is very close to the RYM top 100.

The RYM-Sup Forums connection isn't going anywhere. The RYM top charts do basically the same thing you describe.

Nah it's pretty obvious that a lot of people have gotten their taste pretty much exclusively from Sup Forums.

However there is a bit of selection bias here; the problem isn't as bad as it seems. Scroll through a chart thread and you're much more likely to notice the Loveless, Fishmans, NMH, Anco, Pink Floyd, Radiohead etc that show up on tons of the charts. But you're not exactly going to notice all of the obscure albums that are also on those very same charts, because you haven't seen them a million times, they don't grab your attention.

Most (not all) charts that are filled with overly talked about albums also contain lots of more personal, less talked about albums, but humans love to see patterns and so you'll notice the most common ones far more.

OP the other anons are shouty, but they're right. Read the sticky and do your own exploration. Make a Last.fm account or a RYM account. Sup Forums is not a stop shop for recs catered to you. We have the sticky in place for this very purpose.

fuck I had a reply and accidentally refreshed the page. Basically, Sup Forums is a shit place to discover music. It should ideally be used as a place to talk about music, not discover (outside of sharethreads I guess). You should discover music through your own curiosity, not wait for people to tell you what to listen to.
>implying people should just go straight to the top 100
There is absolutely no reason to do that unless you are LITERALLY just starting to discover music, and if you're doing that starting at 18, then it's not for you.
If you're just starting to get deeply into music, and you were listening to say, red hot chili peppers before, and you see rym, go to the RHCP page, go through their albums, see their genres and related artists, and go from there. Same thing with last.fm recs, apple music suggestions, spotify related artists, stuff like that. You discover based on what YOU like, not what others like. That's the key.
Nah m8, I make sure to look through the chart, there's rarely more than 10 albums i don't instantly recognize in a top 50.

Good point, I do think the cream generally rises to the top and just because an album becomes a meme doesnt mean it's bad. But it's really not hard to find critically acclaimed albums so asking for recs on this site its pretty useless unless youre in a niche thread.

user it's no good to just ignore the thread. That's an indication to the OP that these threads are OK to make, when they're not and he should've read the sticky. Carrying on like this would turn Sup Forums into a boring husk full of "give me x and y" threads, it would suck major balls.

>and if you're doing that starting at 18, then it's not for you.

I'd disagree 2bh. I never listened to music beyond the radio til I was 18. Granted I grew up religious, and to immigrant parents who almost never listened to music.

>I never listened to music beyond the radio til I was 18
i guarantee your chart is filled with Sup Forumscore, or sub/mu/core. The people who just get into music late without showing an interest their entire life try to catch up and get through all the classics in an attempt to fit in with the board instead of listening to shit they want to listen to. Mostly they don't even know what they want to listen to, they just listen to generic good music because they don't have their own taste. Hence, the taste on the board looks the same, because these people are a sizable population on Sup Forums.

while i totally agree, i must admit ive found some incredible music from this board although i didnt go looking for it.. besides theres more shitposting and shit-talking being done here than any actual music discussion.. 'our opinions differ so go off yourself fag'
yeah thats a great point mang, although to me almost every radiohead album is a snorefest, and the majority of 'Sup Forumscore' doesnt interest me, i go into charts looking for albums/artists i havent heard of or given a chance
on a side note i found death grips by chance on my own, and unironically loved their music before i discovered this board, its obsession with them, and the memes..

Have you ever considered that might be enough for some people? Not everyone needs to be as voracious as you. Some people just need this shit to get through the day and make things a little better, and if the same old moldy "Sup Forumscore" albums can do the job, then maybe that's good enough.

i would argue that Sup Forums is a good place to expand your tastes a bit.. certainly helped me, i dislike lots of Sup Forumscore

>Sup Forums
>quality
choose one

>Sup Forumscore, or sub/mu/core
true tbdesu. I did only get into music about 8 months ago, after smoking pot for the second time and listening to DSOTM blew my mind and made me reconsider what music could be. I had no idea where to begin because before, literally all i listened to was the radio. looked up "best albums of all time" lists, went through a couple on rolling stones list, then found a Sup Forumscore picture

pic related my chart

friendly reminder that not every human is you, with your mentality, your perspective, or your opinions..

only albums i would voluntarily play on your chart are R.A.M. and that tame impala joint ....

the shitposting is there because it's Sup Forums, and Sup Forums is populated by underage kids who think being on Sup Forums means you have to act edgy and insult people instead of arguing with them.
Honestly no, because that saddens the fuck out of me that I share a board with people who actually don't give a shit about the topic of their board.
now I know how the 100 people who care about movies on Sup Forums feel
you are literally the problem i was talking about, thanks proving me right.

>Mostly they don't even know what they want to listen to, they just listen to generic good music because they don't have their own taste.

How is one supposed to get their own taste unless they listen to a variety of highly recommended albums? I would hope you try and challenge yourself and listen to things outside of your comfort zone, rather than just trawling the related artists of something that you currently like.

In other words why limit yourself? Say you're a fan of green day. How is it better to just listen to similar pop punk artists like green day, than to try something totally new from a completely different genre? Sure, maybe the version of yourself likes green day more than anything else, but that doesn't mean that the version of yourself 3 months from now has to be similar

this

otherwise, this thread is fucking embarrassing in terms of the totalitarianistic cuntiness

whether OP is bait or naive, who cares, it's still funny to see manchildren throwing shitfits over their precious music

autism