What does Sup Forums think about Grimes?

what does Sup Forums think about Grimes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rX_h3vczc7Q
vancouverobserver.com/blogs/music/growing-grimes
youtube.com/watch?v=lUbuBRJIJqs
youtu.be/cdDjrQOJ8eQ?t=102
youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pretty talented. would personally like to see her become more experimental than just regular pop

isnt it obviouss?
half of them are retarded fanboy waifu fags
the other half is either misogynistic or hates her because of the aforementions fanboy fags

in truth, she's a ok producer with music ranging from bad to meh, with some standout tracks here and there

Visions is a decent album but I'm not interested enough to check out Art Angels.

>half of them are retarded fanboy waifu fags
>the other half is either misogynistic or hates her because of the aforementions fanboy fags

>isnt it obviouss?
No?

generalities, friendo

youtube.com/watch?v=rX_h3vczc7Q

honestly visions is a great album.
and i dont even wanna fuck her

Nice cop out. But your butthurt is showing:
>in truth, she's a ok producer with music ranging from bad to meh, with some standout tracks here and there

She's already pretty irrelevant and wont be long until she fades into musical obscurity and is forgotten. sad but true

Okay... if you say so...

visions was okay, art angels is a turn towards the wrong direction

not a cop out, her Sup Forums fans are massive faggots

It is, when you clearly have an agenda.
I pointed out how you were wrong, and so far you're the only one behaving like a massive faggot.
Tell me: is your tactic to combat this "massive faggotry" by being one yourself? cos that is kind of stupid user...

i'm of your argument, and think it might be b8, but i'll bite anyways.

like i said before, i speak in generalities about the FANS not her MUSIC (not sure if you didnt realize this, if so, apologies)
for every one post actually discussing the quality and merit of her work, there are 10 posts with needless shitposting about how much they want to fuck her, smell her feet, etc., and this translates to a great deal of the "haters" focusing on the level of cringe perpetuated by the rabid fanboying.
is this a bad thing? it annoys me, yes.

now, as for some "agenda" that i'm trying to shit on grimes or something, well, you're wrong, friend. it's more so that i simply don't enjoy her music. her production work is alright and while i don't consider them to be "good", i respect her early efforts like geidi primes and halfaxa for the experimentation, i do not like her new work as i don't enjoy the pop sound or her vocal delivery. i can see why other people do, and thats perfectly fine with me.

anyway, hope this clears things up :)

Kinda was... But it worked perfectly. Thank you :)

Here to mirror what has been said in the thread already.
Visions is good, everything else she's done is eh.

>Visions is good, everything else she's done is eh.
Let's agree to disagree. Everything she has done is very good.

You shouldn't ascribe the haters to the fandom, there's other female musicians talked about on here too who don't seem to have many unironic haters at all hmm.

Grimes is secretly patrician.

>A fairly regular Vancouver kid, with interests like anime, Harry Potter and Mariah Carey, it was during her adolescence that, as Garossino puts it, “something very strange happened.”

>“She changed into some kind of super-brain, exploring the internet all the time.”

>Teenage Boucher’s obsessions ranged from space travel, to the twelfth-century composer Abbess Hildegard von Bingen, to Russian existentialist lit. She crushed so hard on Dostoyevsky that she even flew to St. Petersburg to attend an intensive Russian immersion.

>But as with Grimes’ music, Boucher preferred autodidactism. Garossino recalls hearing Boucher teach one of Chopin’s nocturnes to herself, bar by bar. But only through the wall—at the time, Boucher had too much stage fright to even play the piano in front of her mother.

>“Something that people don't understand about Claire is her searing intellect and focus,” Garossino said. “Whenever you think you've figured her out, she's already three moves ahead. Things are never what they seem.”

>Her mother related how at McGill, the wunderkind wanted to take physics, but couldn’t stand introductory courses. Instead, Boucher entered higher-level classes and studied the prerequisite material at the same time. “She would nearly kill herself studying—surviving on almost no sleep for weeks at a time.”

>“And that's how she makes music today. In long, solitary blasts of blistering intensity.”

vancouverobserver.com/blogs/music/growing-grimes

Pleb as fuck

Well this is bullshit i wanted to waifufag.

OP did you really need to make this thread? if you're in Sup Forums for a day you'll figure the answer out, she/her music are discussed here almost every day

you're on the grimes subreddit

>Harry Potter
>Pleb

>Abbess Hildegard von Bingen
>Dostoyevsky
>Chopin
>pleb

I think I'm the only one here who likes Art Angels more than Visions.

Both are good though.

meth

she sounds pretty based. What you recommend listening to get into her, given I havent heard anything from her. Who would you compare her to so i know what im getting into?

nope

Try Visions first. Then, if you prefer a poppier sound, check Art Angels, if you prefer dark dreampop, check Geidi Primes and Halfaxa. It may not be instantly likeable, but it's worth the effort of getting into her music.

listen to visions

Art Angels is almost as good as Visions, tbch. It's just a different style.

production wise it's even better, but I'm not into the style songs like california or flesh without blood

right now I'd even prefer listening to Halfaxa over Visions, but it's probably because I've listened to Visions too much and I'm a bit of a sadboy recently

sounds like a female fedora lord desu

I like Art Angels a lot more, it's the weirdest. Kill V. Maim was very important to me.

I'm starting to like Visions. I never got into it wayback when.

She looks like a female Davy Jones to me

Never listened to her music but I fucking hate her fan base on here

Message to all Grimes fags; go out and get laid

Also she's really fucking ugly so I don't even understand why people obsess about her like that

Also she's a malnourished weaboo

>go out and get laid
i have in-house pussy, why would i need to go out?
>Also she's really fucking ugly
she's definitely an acquired taste, but i honestly think she's very attractive.
>I don't even understand why people obsess about her like that
oneitis.
>Also she's a malnourished weaboo
i still like her music.

Your hate speech doesn't do you any favors. Stop shiposting, go out and get laid.

Claire is kind of intimidating.

I have a girlfriend, will do tonight thanks user :^)

that part is cute asf, it's from here
youtube.com/watch?v=lUbuBRJIJqs

wrong vid

youtu.be/cdDjrQOJ8eQ?t=102

Grimes is secretly a lighthearted person.

and this!

>Burning calories
Grimes! You need to hold onto every one of those that you got!

I mean it doesn't feel very human like.

Her kindness i mean.

In what way? What makes it not very human like?

It's just really hard to believe, it's pretty much alien like.

Grimes is legit quirky. One of the reasons why so many love her.

>Teenage Boucher’s obsessions ranged from space travel, to the twelfth-century composer Abbess Hildegard von Bingen, to Russian existentialist lit
Cringed

Def Visions, maybe Art Angels depending on your taste. Leave Halfaxa for last, it's easily her least accessible. Geidi Primes is decently accessible, but it's kind of lo-fi so if that's not to your taste then it may be a bit difficult to listen to at first.

youtube.com/watch?v=N9XKLqGqwLA

this is her best song

???

These are very interesting obsessions.

i liked that album, not very original but very comfy with nice melodies, the rest just doesn't do it for me, art angels was pretty bad but that's just my humble opinion

pic related is what Sup Forums thinks of grimes desu

I get the feeling she probably has a stinky vagina.

What that has to do with music, degenerate waifufags?

She's not mai waifu. Having a stinky vagina is a bad thing.

What that has to do with music, degenerate retard?

it has to do with hygiene. She's unhygienic by my estimation.

>my estimation.
Keep your estimations to yourself. No one cares.

Wow, it's actual quality Grimes thread without shitty memes and other crap.
Impressive.

Her best album tb.h

delete this